[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

Just now, tas said:

if calgary is blowing it up and moving assets, they want picks and prospects, not the expiring scraps of division rivals. 

and what they would be getting would help them tank to compete with SJ for the bottom. 

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

and what they would be getting would help them tank to compete with SJ for the bottom. 

not as much as picks and prospects would. 

sorry, but the reason your trade suggestion looks so appealing is because it is entirely one-sided in favour of the canucks. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

A win today would hold the Predators down in The Wild Card Race. 

There.  I said it.  8 games in and I got my eyes on the prize.

I don't really care how we get in the playoffs, just that we get there.

Nashville is in the #2 wild card spot in the conference.

But we are 4th overall in the conference.

A win here will put the Canucks #2 overall in the conference (ahead of Colorado and Dallas).

It seems like the team also believes every game is meaningful this year. This is good stuff for getting Petey signed. 

6 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I love the games in these jersey's. Not like totally tired of the Orca, but it is fading away to stale for me. 

New Era, new jersey? Old Jersey? Skate jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new Johnny Canuck ones are pretty darn nice. I'd be pumped if we went to them. A new JC mascot as well, or go with two mascots with Fin, even. I'm all for embracing our jersey culture of changing things up. Lfg.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know I'm in the minority. But this logo, I wouldn't mind being full time. After seeing the jerseys with Abbotsford. I'm liking these jerseys and logo more and more.

I see it as a good logo but an AHL logo nonetheless. It's a cartoon stereotype and lacks an important degree of seriousness which we should adhere to in the senior leagues.

I don't mind it as an NHL shoulder patch, though.

Hope they come out angry to play after that ref mess last game and don't let it even be close enough to let one or two bad calls decide the game. Against a good game like New York, one or two or eventually 3 bad calls will decide the game, but let's just run up a score against the Preds so that even that many bad calls won't matter.

Revenge game. 5-2 Canucks

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

It seems like the team also believes every game is meaningful this year. This is good stuff for getting Petey signed. 

Seems to be quite a bit of whinging about re-signing Pettersson; I do not share these concerns.

Pettersson will get paid and he will be worth it.

The team does believe this year; you can see it in their eyes, hear it in their speech.

And Hughes' leadership, on the ice, in the room, front of the mikes, whatever, is, well, he may become the best captain we have ever had.

Good management, good coaching, good leadership, good players, and great attitudes.

The turnaround is amazing.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Seems to be quite a bit of whinging about re-signing Pettersson; I do not share these concerns.

Pettersson will get paid and he will be worth it.

The team does believe this year; you can see it in their eyes, hear it in their speech.

And Hughes' leadership, on the ice, in the room, front of the mikes, whatever, is, well, he may become the best captain we have ever had.

Good management, good coaching, good leadership, good players, and great attitudes.

The turnaround is amazing.

It won't surprise me if we lock in Petey for a max deal at a reasonable price tag. He wants to win first and foremost, and he knows that going max price will hurt any teams chance of building a cup winning team. I'm bettin' it'll be 8x10.5 or 11. It also won't surprise me if it gets done sooner rather than later. Lfg.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was working in the rink, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For our Dman from his slab, began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise ...

He did the Hronek ...

He did the Happy Hronek

The Happy Hronek ...

It was a blueline smash
He did the Hronek ...

Some still waiting and seeing
He did the Hronek ...

He did the Happy Hronek 

Digital Underground is gonna make this a hit one day

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It won't surprise me if we lock in Petey for a max deal at a reasonable price tag. He wants to win first and foremost, and he knows that going max price will hurt any teams chance of building a cup winning team. I'm bettin' it'll be 8x10.5 or 11. It also won't surprise me if it gets done sooner rather than later. Lfg.

Yeah Baby.

Drop the pucking fuck you useless zebras!