[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It won't surprise me if we lock in Petey for a max deal at a reasonable price tag. He wants to win first and foremost, and he knows that going max price will hurt any teams chance of building a cup winning team. I'm bettin' it'll be 8x10.5 or 11. It also won't surprise me if it gets done sooner rather than later. Lfg.

How bout $12.5m x 8yrs = one hun-dred, mill-eeyon-dollahs! 

He is one of the best players in the world; his compensation should put him up there in the $14m range.

And then with a little off for the good of the team $12.5m AAV.

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Maybe not but is Petey 3 to potentially 5 mill a year better. I don't think so.

With all due respect, and I love JT, his contract signing was at a lower league Cap limit than when Petey signs on. I believe the Cap would have gone up by around 6-7M in comparison.

Given the Cap market rate at the time, upcoming Petey contract will not the that drastically different than the Miller one.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

How bout $12.5m x 8yrs = one hun-dred, mill-eeyon-dollahs! 

He is one of the best players in the world; his compensation should put him up there in the $14m range.

And then with a little off for the good of the team $12.5m AAV.

Those are the numbers I'm expecting. 8 years would take him from 25 years old to 33 years old...a player's prime playing/production years. 

If he's a 100(ish) point player again you're gonna have to pay him fair market value cause in 2-4 years he'll seem underpaid (imo) again in a rising cap market 

it's kinda like when we locked up Hughes for 6 years before they started handing out big contracts to above-average d-men.

If it takes 12-13 million a year, so what? It will look like a steal of a signing once McKinnon, Mathews, McDavid and so on sign their next deal. 

I fully expect he'll get a hundred-million-dollar contract.    

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Towards JTM. Agree to disagree.  Name what he doesn't do. He is a player who walks the walk. 

Sticks up for , advises ,teaches , mentors and deals with efforts not applied as a unit.

Agree JT is a piece of work.

The guy that decides to take him on has a bear on his hands.

And he's gonna be leading the charge again tonight.

Now, who were those pre-daters that took liberties last game?