[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

40 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Hahahahahahaha nice, now I want to go out! I’ve got no responsibilities unfortunately…….👍😊,

*maybe check out this game @ the Pub/Bar…;)

I'm going to the game tonight! First one of the season 

The Chase Smile GIF by ABC Network

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Those are the numbers I'm expecting. 8 years would take him from 25 years old to 33 years old...a player's prime playing/production years. 

If he's a 100(ish) point player again you're gonna have to pay him fair market value cause in 2-4 years he'll seem underpaid (imo) again in a rising cap market 

it's kinda like when we locked up Hughes for 6 years before they started handing out big contracts to above-average d-men.

If it takes 12-13 million a year, so what? It will look like a steal of a signing once McKinnon, Mathews, McDavid and so on sign their next deal. 

I fully expect he'll get a hundred-million-dollar contract.    

Nah, Petey will get 11 million over 8 years max unless he takes a discount to get a better team assembled.  

10.5 x 8 is not out of the question. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Meyers(6) + Beauv(4.15) + Juullsen(775) out (10.925)

Tanev(4.5) + Zadorov(3.75) + Sharangovich(3.1) in (11.35) 

(425k difference) so minor $ s 

the 2 main players on both sides are all UFA after this season. 

Zadorov would be awesome...

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

Maybe not but is Petey 3 to potentially 5 mill a year better. I don't think so.

Think about the fact that Petey has been a PPG player in NHL from the start.

JT catched up when he was older than Petey is now.

Petey is an Alien and JT is very good.

It’s not the same planet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Think about the fact that Petey has been a PPG player in NHL from the start.

JT catched up when he was older than Petey is now.

Petey is an Alien and JT is very good.

It’s not the same planet.

I just don't like top dollar for max length. It doesn't seem to work well for the teams that sign those deals.13 million a year is like having one and a half Millers. Some on here say don't worry it will be a steal as the cap rises. who knows what's around the corner,look what covid did. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

I just don't like top dollar for max length. It doesn't seem to work well for the teams that sign those deals.13 million a year is like having one and a half Millers. Some on here say don't worry it will be a steal as the cap rises. who knows what's around the corner,look what covid did. 

The "the cap will rise" argument is silly, as it means efficient teams will have an advantage over us. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Nucks in the right outfits for halloween.

Back in Black baby. 

...Forget the hearse 'cause I never die
I got nine lives
Cat's eyes
Abusin' every one of them and running wild

Wouldn’t the right ones for Halloween be the one with the V?

• ThereItIs 1

48 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Nah, Petey will get 11 million over 8 years max unless he takes a discount to get a better team assembled.  

10.5 x 8 is not out of the question. 

I think you're wrong but.... I REALLY hope you're right.  Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Miller is better physically, he's not Bambi on his skates when a light breeze hits him. When Tocchet asked himself "Who am I gonna lean on to slow down McDavid and Draisaitl?" He went with Miller. Miller has 10% fewer ozone starts than Pettersson. Miller has an AHLer and a guy many wanted gone for nothing who a lot of folks claim is a slug as his wingers. And he still has almost as many points as Petey. Miller isn't a traditional winger, and is much better in the faceoff dot than Petey. I dunno man. I love Petey, but lets not act like Miller isn't in the same ballpark as Petey talent wise. I'd even argue Miller is more valuable to us than Petey is. Can Petey become even better? Sure? I think it's safer to say he's just hitting his peak sooner than Miller did. But time will tell. If Petey makes 4+ mil more than Miller, that really just makes that Miller deal all the more sweeter and just makes me more of a Miller fan.

Wild that I was one of the harsher Miller critics, yet I am here saying he's underrated. Lol. Cause he is, I don't think we fully realize how good he has been for us. If you compare just Miller's Vancouver numbers to Petey's Vancouver numbers, JT is more proficient. That's on top of being, like I said, better physically and the one the coaching staff trusts to go toe to toe with other team's top players. Outside of him early last season, is also a better leader figure than Petey. That Miller contract has aged like a fine wine, even if he falls off at 35. 

Miller isn’t even close talantwise.

Miller get a lot more PP points than Petey.

I’ve seen a lot of Millers points coming from the fact that he plays on left side and has Hughes in his back. That’s an insane boost.

Petey had to work a lot harder to get his 5v5 points.

Petey has played with a lot of cannonfodder and still got PPG… Remember Goldobin and Loui as two.

After that we can dive deeper in how they create chances for the whole team, impact etc.

Miller is great but if Petey would have Millers body he would easy get 150points.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

With all due respect, and I love JT, his contract signing was at a lower league Cap limit than when Petey signs on. I believe the Cap would have gone up by around 6-7M in comparison.

Given the Cap market rate at the time, upcoming Petey contract will not the that drastically different than the Miller one.

There's only one year between the contract start dates. Next year is the first time since 2018 the cap will rise by more than $1m dollars, projected to be $87.5m.

JT's contract is 9.6% of the cap, next year that would be $8.4m good luck getting EP signed for anything close to that

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I think you're wrong but.... I REALLY hope you're right.  Time will I suppose. 

Let's make a bet... 

If I'm right, you have to have a beer of my choosing that evening. 

If you're right, I'll have a bittersweet beer, or whatever drink you choose that evening. 

Petey will be having unlimited Lindenberries that evening regardless. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

There's only one year between the contract start dates. Next year is the first time since 2018 the cap will rise by more than $1m dollars, projected to be $87.5m.

JT's contract is 9.6% of the cap, next year that would be $8.4m good luck getting EP signed for anything close to that

I disagree with Grandmaster in the dollar amount however I think we are positioned very well next summer when it comes to comparables. 

Hronek has Quinn, Petey has Hronek. 

They can't ask for the moon and look JT and Quinn in their eyes. It doesn't mean that Hronek will take 5 mil and that Petey will take 8 mil, but the influence will be there. 

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Let's make a bet... 

If I'm right, you have to have a beer of my choosing that evening. 

If you're right, I'll have a bittersweet beer, or whatever drink you choose that evening. 

Petey will be having unlimited Lindenberries that evening regardless. 

I'll take that bet.  Sounds like a win/win to me. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix