[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

3 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Miller isn’t even close talantwise.

Miller get a lot more PP points than Petey.

I’ve seen a lot of Millers points coming from the fact that he plays on left side and has Hughes in his back. That’s an insane boost.

Petey had to work a lot harder to get his 5v5 points.

Petey has played with a lot of cannonfodder and still got PPG… Remember Goldobin and Loui as two.

After that we can dive deeper in how they create chances for the whole team, impact etc.

Miller is great but if Petey would have Millers body he would easy get 150points.

More power play points? It was like a 6 point difference last year (31 to 25) and this year Petey has more PP points than Miller. Lol. On the powerplay the two play drivers are Hughes and Miller. Lets not talk about how Miller has more assists than Petey the last few years. Because that goes against your "creates chances for the whole team" argument that you want to pretend Petey is better than Miller at.

We are all intimately familiar with your love for the Swedes. So I won't even really debate you on this too strongly. Your unshakable bias towards Swedes is pretty admirable, but also pretty annoying. If you think Petey is worth 3-5mil more than Miller. Well, that's like your opinion man. But from where I sit. Miller's for sure in the same ball park as Petey in overall talent. And his numbers, the coaching staff's belief in him, says all it needs too. Miller even turned me into a Miller believer. And I got some flack for my takes about him quitting on Boudreau.

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

I’ve seen a lot of Millers points coming from the fact that he plays on left side and has Hughes in his back. That’s an insane boost.

Petey has played with a lot of cannonfodder and still got PPG… Remember Goldobin and Loui as two.

After that we can dive deeper in how they create chances for the whole team, impact etc.

Miller is great but if Petey would have Millers body he would easy get 150points.

Aye and if Miller had wings, he could fly....

He doesn't and Petey doesn't have Millers body....They both have something that every team needs which makes them both very valuable to the team. 

One of my favourite non Canucks were Iginla... Miller is an Iginla light, or some what similar to Jamie Benn... 

We are really lucky to have them both. På

And I love to watch Petey...

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

More power play points? It was like a 6 point difference last year (31 to 25) and this year Petey has more PP points than Miller. Lol. On the powerplay the two play drivers are Hughes and Miller. Lets not talk about how Miller has more assists than Petey the last few years. Because that goes against your "creates chances for the whole team" argument that you want to pretend Petey is better than Miller at.

We are all intimately familiar with your love for the Swedes. So I won't even really debate you on this too strongly. Your unshakable bias towards Swedes is pretty admirable, but also pretty annoying. If you think Petey is worth 3-5mil more than Miller. Well, that's like your opinion man. But from where I sit. Miller's for sure in the same ball park as Petey in overall talent. And his numbers, the coaching staff's belief in him, says all it needs too. Miller even turned me into a Miller believer. And I got some flack for my takes about him quitting on Boudreau.

If Petey and Miller had been the same age you could have a talking point but Petey is closer to a boy than a man still.

The salary is for the years to come also and Peteys trajectory is pointing upwarda while Miller is supposed to keep up on four if his years and then drop off a bit every year.

Try use some objectivity.

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Aye and if Miller had wings, he could fly....

He doesn't and Petey doesn't have Millers body....They both have something that every team needs which makes them both very valuable to the team. 

One of my favourite non Canucks were Iginla... Miller is an Iginla light, or some what similar to Jamie Benn... 

We are really lucky to have them both. På

And I love to watch Petey...

Exactly. They're two completely different players, but extremely effective. 

Glad we have both. They are both determined to win. 

Elite skill level: Petey

Power + Skill: Miller 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Well I look at it this way, We have two premier lines that are, or can, match pretty much any team in the league, and , knock on wood. In reality, 

Either Line could run a good power play if need be.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well I look at it this way, We have two premier lines that are, or can, match pretty much any team in the league, and , knock on wood. In reality, 

Either Line could run a good power play if need be.

Very similar to what I wrote some minutes before in another thread. 
”Now when we have two lines that can independable change a game in our favour plus some bottom six players that play with tenacity we can take down every team.

Especially in a 7 game playoff due to some of the players insane will to win games, Petey, Demko, Hughes, Miller…”

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HIWATT said:

The trend of opposing teams playing their backup against us continues.
Looks like they're maybe saving Saros for Seattle.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/player/kevin-lankinen-8480947

maybe it’s game management, and they think SEA is more winnable

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The Boss Speaks !!

Is it time for a Tocchet chant? 

Unpopular take - I liked Bruce. I like Tocchet better.

I said it. And yes, he needs his own chant.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

maybe it’s game management, and they think SEA is more winnable

Is it time for a Tocchet chant? 

Unpopular take - I liked Bruce. I like Tocchet better.

I said it. And yes, he needs his own chant.

Walk it like I Talk it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I love JT Miller.  I am so glad we kept him over BO.  But let's not get carried away that he is on the same level as Petey.  Petey is a 25 year old superstar, one of the best two way players in the entire NHL.  He had Hart and Selke votes last year.  If he puts up 120 points this year and the Canucks make the playoffs, he could be a contender for the Selke as well as the Hart.

Miller is 30 years old now.  What you see if what you get.  He isn't going to get better than he is right now.  He has the potential to be at his current level for least 3-4 more years if he keeps in shape, which is a good thing for us.  Petey is 25 years old and has not even hit his prime years yet.  He still has another level to go IMO. 

Miller was a 3rd liner at 25 years old, Petey is already a superstar at the same age.  Contract wise, Miller took a discount to sign here.  He could have gotten $9 million on the open market.  Petey at this point is a $12 million player based on his age and skillset.  He will most likely sign a 12x8 deal.  Is he worth $4 million more than Miller right now?  Of course not.  But that is not how contracts work.  In 3 years, Petey will be at a much higher level than Miller, so the contract gap will be more noticeable at that point.

Miller is a great compliment to Petey as our 2C, and he is technically IMO a 1C, so we are privileged to have one of the best 1-2 punches in the entire NHL.  Other than the Edmonton boys, I don't think there really is a team out there that has a better 1-2 punch up the middle to be honest.  Crosby/Malkin, Stamkos/Point, Matthews/Tavares?  I think I'm taking Petey/Miller over all those duos...

• Upvote 1

We deserve a win after that flukey loss.Tocks record as a coach so far is good.Lets make it better!

GO CANUCKS!!!!

oh yea!Happy Halloween!

Edited by Cromeslab
Festive reasons
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I love JT Miller.  I am so glad we kept him over BO.  But let's not get carried away that he is on the same level as Petey.  Petey is a 25 year old superstar, one of the best two way players in the entire NHL.  He had Hart and Selke votes last year.  If he puts up 120 points this year and the Canucks make the playoffs, he could be a contender for the Selke as well as the Hart.

Miller is 30 years old now.  What you see if what you get.  He isn't going to get better than he is right now.  He has the potential to be at his current level for least 3-4 more years if he keeps in shape, which is a good thing for us.  Petey is 25 years old and has not even hit his prime years yet.  He still has another level to go IMO. 

Miller was a 3rd liner at 25 years old, Petey is already a superstar at the same age.  Contract wise, Miller took a discount to sign here.  He could have gotten $9 million on the open market.  Petey at this point is a $12 million player based on his age and skillset.  He will most likely sign a 12x8 deal.  Is he worth $4 million more than Miller right now?  Of course not.  But that is not how contracts work.  In 3 years, Petey will be at a much higher level than Miller, so the contract gap will be more noticeable at that point.

Miller is a great compliment to Petey as our 2C, and he is technically IMO a 1C, so we are privileged to have one of the best 1-2 punches in the entire NHL.  Other than the Edmonton boys, I don't think there really is a team out there that has a better 1-2 punch up the middle to be honest.  Crosby/Malkin, Stamkos/Point, Matthews/Tavares?  I think I'm taking Petey/Miller over all those duos...

you’re biased tho, so……

:classic_ninja:

• Haha 1