[proposal] - Vancouver Canucks - Columbus Blue Jackets (edit - Patrik Laine; the revised proposal)

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Laine is a floater and can't even get a regular gig on one of the worst teams in the NHL.  Kuzmenko actually works hard off the puck, which is why his production is down.  Once Kuzmenko gets that feel again he will start scoring more goals.  He will be alot cheaper to re-sign as well.  Laine at $8.7 million is severely overpaid.  We can't afford to pay any wingers $8 million.  Even Boeser is looking like trade bait next summer if he keeps scoring goals.  I doubt Allvin re-signs Boeser to an 8x8 contract.

No way Boeser getting $8M x 8yr.  I’m a fan but even I know he’s not worth that much.  One good season doesn’t change the past year results.  It would be at most $7-7.5M range x 6-8yrs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 8:33 AM, iinatcc said:

Hard to say yes to this Laine was looking like he was going to be an NHL superstar based on his World Junior Performances.

Maybe it's his injuries or drive but so far he's turned out 60% of what I expected. 

Another possibility is that Laine needs a good centre to play with.  

Make no mistake about it.  

Roslovic sucks on the ballsack of a Nigerian.   

Prior to this year, Laine was playing with guys like Jack Roslovic, Caitlyn Jenner, etc.  

Even in Winnipeg, he only started sucking once they moved him away from Scheifele.  With Scheifele however, the guy looked like the 2nd coming of Alex Ovechkin.

He had 16 goals in a month one time.   

Now, would it be risky to acquire Laine given his cap hit and style of play? (i.e. potentially not meshing well with Tocchet).

Absolutely - which is why I probably wouldn't make this deal.............BUT................BUT...............BUT

IF we had the Elias Pettersson that we saw the first 10 games of this season + 2017 Patrik Laine............BOOM goes the fucking gas tank.  And then you'd have Miller and Boeser on the other line.  

We would absolutely be a threat to teams like Vegas, NYR, and Colorado in terms of cup aspirations.