Ottawa Senators to receive disciplinary action regarding Dadonov situation from 2022

Lewlowned

This league is a joke. A first for a mis-communication and yet a slap on the wrist for sexual assault and cover up. 

If I were thr new Sens owner I would either start a campaign to get Bettman fired or immediately put the sens up for sale to embarrass Bettman. 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely ridiculous.  This is on VGK more than anything.  It's like me going out and buying a car and not checking on the history of the vehicle, then trying to sell it to a dealership later finding out it was a rebuild.  That's on ME, not the original person selling it to me.  I'd be absolutely pissed if I was in Ottawa's shoes right now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Rekker said:

What a ffnn joke this league is. Someone in media, please call them out on it. Chicago doesn't lose a first for hiding a sexual assault, whilst winning a cup, and Sens get this?! Sens media should be firing shots.

That and Sens ownership should be filing a counter lawsuit against the NHL. All this is doing is confirming Bettman coddles his golden children. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wouldn’t the Vegas GM be able to check CapFriendly to confirm Dadonov had a no trade clause?  CDC posters do that on a daily basis. 

I can't find it but I remember reading that NHL teams regularly use capfriendly

Even with all their internalized data I don't see why teams wouldn't 

This is egg on the face of Vegas, Ottawa, and the NHL but it shouldn't cost Ottawa a pick

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

When you tell a team a player doesn't have a ntc and he actually does, that is your fault. 

Interesting.  I could tell he had one by simply looking up cap friendly.

His agent would have known

The league would have known

He would have known

Yet almost 2 years later Ottawa loses a 1st round pick because reasons?

• Vintage 4

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting.  I could tell he had one by simply looking up cap friendly.

His agent would have known

The league would have known

He would have known

Yet almost 2 years later Ottawa loses a 1st round pick because reasons?

Players have to submit their teams by a certain date or the NTC is void, Ottawa told them he did not do that. This is on Ottawa.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Players have to submit there teams by a certain date or the NTC is void, Ottawa told them he did not do that. This is on Ottawa.

Hey man totally is.  Ottawa's fault entirely.  Doesn't at all look like the league is a joke in any way by committing to their losing a 1st round pick almost 2 years later for this.

I mean it's not like they covered up a sexual assault from management to coaching.

Or knowingly signed a cap circumventing contract for a star russian only to then have their lost picks returned and their fines halved.

Or knowingly signed players to contracts with cap recaptures only to be able to pass those contracts off via LTIR contract trades after those players had retired while also penalizing another team who signed a goaltender to one but not letting them skate on it as well.

The league is just totally not a joke at all are they

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As everyone has already said...

image.thumb.png.41c76645aed2627a38704839587adf88.png

The league is disgraceful. 

Pretty sickening.  Honestly if there were more professional sports teams in Vancouver, I'd probably jump ship from this mickey mouse league.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hey man totally is.  Ottawa's fault entirely.  Doesn't at all look like the league is a joke in any way by committing to their losing a 1st round pick almost 2 years later for this.

I mean it's not like they covered up a sexual assault from management to coaching.

Or knowingly signed a cap circumventing contract for a star russian only to then have their lost picks returned and their fines halved.

Or knowingly signed players to contracts with cap recaptures only to be able to pass those contracts off via LTIR contract trades after those players had retired while also penalizing another team who signed a goaltender to one but not letting them skate on it as well.

The league is just totally not a joke at all are they

Chicago getting a slap on the wrist is a joke, I don't disagree and have stated that in this thread.

That doesn't change the fact Ottawa fumbled this one and it is on them more so than Vegas. While capfriendly tells you they have a NTC it doesn't get into the nuance of an active NTC or an inactive one. Ottawa told Vegas that he did not submit his list, He had submitted his list, this is on Ottawa and I fail to see how so many people are struggling with this, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wouldn’t the Vegas GM be able to check CapFriendly to confirm Dadonov had a no trade clause?  CDC posters do that on a daily basis. 

Capfriendly doesn't have the info on whether the player has submitted their list or not, it is a tool, but not a fail safe. 

53 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players have to submit there teams by a certain date or the NTC is void, Ottawa told them he did not do that. This is on Ottawa.

Dadonov didn't refuse to go to Vegas.  He refused to go to Anaheim.  A no trade list needs to be re-submitted prior to any trade.  Vegas should have double checked to see if there was a no trade list, who was on it, when it was submitted etc.  In real estate terms this is called "caveat emptor".  Or "buyer beware".  The onus is on the buyer to make sure the contract and the goods they are purchasing are legit...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Dadonov didn't refuse to go to Vegas.  He refused to go to Anaheim.  A no trade list needs to be re-submitted prior to any trade.  Vegas should have double checked to see if there was a no trade list, who was on it, when it was submitted etc.  In real estate terms this is called "caveat emptor".  Or "buyer beware".  The onus is on the buyer to make sure the contract and the goods they are purchasing are legit...

They did and Ottawa said he did not submit it in time, the onus falls on Ottawa for giving false information. Vegas did their end of diligence, Ottawa fumbled theirs. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Capfriendly doesn't have the info on whether the player has submitted their list or not, it is a tool, but not a fail safe. 

It's up to the buyer to confirm this, not the seller.  And it certainly is not up to the buyer simply to take someone's word for it.  Legally, this would never hold up in court.  Only in the NHL would this bs be allowed to happen and the teams bend over and take it as Bettman runs the league like the 1920's Soviet Union...

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's up to the buyer to confirm this, not the seller.  And it certainly is not up to the buyer simply to take someone's word for it.  Legally, this would never hold up in court.  Only in the NHL would this bs be allowed to happen and the teams bend over and take it as Bettman runs the league like the 1920's Soviet Union...

Good for the courts but this is an entirely different process and Ottawa dropped the ball here, why this is so difficult to grasp is mindboggling