[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

24 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I imagine a Garland+1st for Rasmus Andersson deal is being looked at. Gets Tyler Myers out of the lineup (anlthough he’s been much better aof late) and gives us another bonafide Top 3 D to play with Cole. 

No to Kane, he’s a floater and too slow now. Maybe to Kessel. 

Kuz - Petey - Mik 

PDG - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Suter - Kessel 

Beau - Lafferty - Hog

Hughes - Hronek 

Cole - Andersson 

Soucey - Friedman/Myers 

Demko

Desmith

Not even remotely close to fair value. Andersson was probably their best d-man last year and is on a steal of a contract. Garland probably has negative value and 1st isn't enough to make up the difference to get Andersson. Honestly, I'd argue you'd probably need to add an entirely additional 1st rounder to get the Flames to consider this and at that point, we're mortgaging quite a bit of our future to go in on what we have now. Might be worth it, but quite a risk.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I can wax lyrical for days and days about the impending irresponsibility this management would be doing to the organization by "rewarding" the team after one decent month, but this team has proven, time and time again, they do not care to be serious and professional.

So, with that, let the chaos ensue and we'll see what the damage is after the fact 🤘

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SV. said:

I can wax lyrical for days and days about the impending irresponsibility this management would be doing to the organization by "rewarding" the team after one decent month, but this team has proven, time and time again, they do not care to be serious and professional.

So, with that, let the chaos ensue and we'll see what the damage is after the fact 🤘

What would you give up if they could move Myers? The Chaos of Chaos.

Weegar and hubby haven’t been a fit in Calgary at all, wonder what the price tag would be on weegar and his 8x6.25, if Calgary took back garland and Myers 

to van:

weegar 

mangiapane

to Calgary:

Garland

Myers

Hoglander

Raty

woo

1st 2024

3rd 2025 

big price to pay but does this not make the Canucks a contender? 

1 minute ago, Captain insano said:

Weegar and hubby haven’t been a fit in Calgary at all, wonder what the price tag would be on weegar and his 8x6.25, if Calgary took back garland and Myers 

to van:

weegar 

mangiapane

to Calgary:

Garland

Myers

Hoglander

Raty

woo

1st 2024

3rd 2025 

Like Weegar but not the Mangy guy. 

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not even remotely close to fair value. Andersson was probably their best d-man last year and is on a steal of a contract. Garland probably has negative value and 1st isn't enough to make up the difference to get Andersson. Honestly, I'd argue you'd probably need to add an entirely additional 1st rounder to get the Flames to consider this and at that point, we're mortgaging quite a bit of our future to go in on what we have now. Might be worth it, but quite a risk.

Flames are also likelier to try and retool than tear things down imo, and Andersson is the only D aside from Weegar who is signed beyond this season. Seems like a guy the Flames would want to keep, and the cost for the Canucks as a divisional rivial would likely be much higher. They've no reason to do us any favours. 

They'd be more likely to move Zadorov given he's a pending UFA, but he wouldn't come cheap either. 

I question what Tanev would cost.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

to van:

weegar 

mangiapane

to Calgary:

Garland

Myers

Hoglander

Raty

woo

1st 2024

3rd 2025 

staring sesame street GIF

• Haha 2

If this is the Canucks core moving forward then we need to add a high caliber player, not reclamation projects. 

my target would be Cokton Parayako. He’s the perfect forever partner for Hughes and Hronek will be able to lead his own pair. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Flames are also likelier to try and retool than tear things down imo, and Andersson is the only D aside from Weegar who is signed beyond this season. Seems like a guy the Flames would want to keep, and the cost for the Canucks as a divisional rivial would likely be much higher. They've no reason to do us any favours. 

They'd be more likely to move Zadorov given he's a pending UFA, but he wouldn't come cheap either. 

I question what Tanev would cost.

I worry Zadorov would be Gudbranson 2.0, but maybe I don't know his game well enough.

Tanev would be amazing, but he's almost 34 and I'm not sure he makes sense for a team unless they need more veterans on D or are making a Cup push. We have Cole on D for experience already and the rest of our D are reasonably experienced, so I don't think experience is an issue. As well as we've started, I also don't see us as a Cup contender, so I'm not sure Tanev is the best fit. If he was maybe three years younger, I'd think differently.

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What would you give up if they could move Myers? The Chaos of Chaos.

Not much, if I'm being honest.  Most of the damage has already been done, so we may as well ride things out.

From my perspective, we'd be talking something unrealistic, like a conditional 7th or around that, to contemplate dumping him in year 5 or 5 of his deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1