[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

2 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

we are looking to trade garland and/or Beau I guess. i think if garland goes we can replace his minutes with bluegers pretty easy...

is it possible to trade for Faulk? Parayako?Weegar? Pulock?Chychrun?Tanev?Larsson?

honestly. I don’t think it’s a big name. 

• ThereItIs 1

No more fringe deals. If we do something its to properly go for it. A Hronek type deal. 

Trade would require:

Player coming in to be at least top 3 D preferably on the right, but ok with left, with term that wouldn't mean over paid rental or mortgaging the future. That takes Pesce out for me unless he somehow comes with a very reasonable extension. We HAVE to have room to resign Petey and Hronek.

Players going out: We can afford to trade a Beau or Garland with Blueger coming into the lineup to replace them. Our first would be required by anyone with a player fitting the description above, and likely a prospect. For the right player I would be fine including Lekkermaki or Pod as well, especially if they take Myers as well.

Hughes Hronek (or new player)

Cole New Payer (or Hronek)

Soucy Friedman

I would also be ok with a bit of a smaller trade for someone like Tanev that would not include a first.

49 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Players going out: We can afford to trade a Beau or Garland with Blueger coming into the lineup to replace them. Our first would be required by anyone with a player fitting the description above, and likely a prospect. For the right player I would be fine including Lekkermaki or Pod as well, especially if they take Myers as well.

if we can get Chychrun this year and next for a similar package as ottawa paid i would be down. Not giving up Lekkermaki he is still improving, and cup winners always have 1 or 2 good players on entry level contracts on their team.

we need them to be cap efficient most importantly.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

No more fringe deals. If we do something its to properly go for it. A Hronek type deal. 

Trade would require:

Player coming in to be at least top 3 D preferably on the right, but ok with left, with term that wouldn't mean over paid rental or mortgaging the future. That takes Pesce out for me unless he somehow comes with a very reasonable extension. We HAVE to have room to resign Petey and Hronek.

Hughes Hronek (or new player)

Cole New Payer (or Hronek)

Soucy Friedman

I would also be ok with a bit of a smaller trade for someone like Tanev that would not include a first.

No to Lekkerimaki.... The boy is doing in the SHL, what Petey did atm... don't let a gem like that go.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Durzi would be pretty high on my list of players to target this season.  Coyotes have to give us a good deal because the f'd us on the last one.  go hard after Pesce in the offseason.

Why would Arizona give us a good deal? LMAO. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Zadorov has about 15 pounds on Cole. He's not really on another level though. I've watched Calgary games where he's been a non-factor. 

Huh? 6'6" vs 6'1". Zadarov is a beast. Cole has been great, but Zadorov is way stronger at clearing big bodies. No one on the Flames has been a factor, lol. This team needs to start thinking playoffs and at least one more big body that can play big minutes is needed on D. Zadorov is as big as they come and plays tough. Heck, even calls out his own teammates for being fluffers.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

thats not true, ever sell your car and have people low ball you ?

Not sure how to answer that, not saying there have been no offers for Garland, just none that offer a clean slate. Are you assuming someone has lowballed for Garland? As in, no monies retained, no bad contract in return? He'd be gone already if that were the case.

21 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

thats not true, ever sell your car and have people low ball you ?

Garland is on pace for maybe 20 points. He's difficult to play with and has gelled with really nobody, play dies around him a lot. Nice guy, nice story, awful contract by JB. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Huh? 6'6" vs 6'1".

Height doesn’t mean shit if you don’t have the ability to use it in tandem with weight. Zadorov is strong, but between Myers (6’8”), Soucy (6’5”), and Cole (6’1”) the crease clearing situation looks to be adequate covered. 

Zadarov is a beast.

He’s alright. 

Cole has been great, but Zadorov is way stronger at clearing big bodies.

Yet Cole is just as effective. 

No one on the Flames has been a factor, lol.

So then why would the Canucks want players from a team where no one’s been a factor. Seems like a bad idea. 

This team needs to start thinking playoffs and at least one more big body that can play big minutes is needed on D.

Not even ten games in. Slow the roll. 

Zadorov is as big as they come and plays tough.

Myers is bigger. Oleksiak is bigger. No doubt that Zadorov is a big player and has endurance and strength. 

Heck, even calls out his own teammates for being fluffers.

Which seems like a bit of a bitch move. Couldn’t say that to their faces? Had to go to the media?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Height doesn’t mean shit if you don’t have the ability to use it in tandem with weight. Zadorov is strong, but between Myers (6’8”), Soucy (6’5”), and Cole (6’1”) the crease clearing situation looks to be adequate covered. 

He’s alright. 

Yet Cole is just as effective. 

So then why would the Canucks want players from a team where no one’s been a factor. Seems like a bad idea. 

Not even ten games in. Slow the roll. 

Myers is bigger. Oleksiak is bigger. No doubt that Zadorov is a big player and has endurance and strength. 

Which seems like a bit of a bitch move. Couldn’t say that to their faces? Had to go to the media?

Myers doesn't clear anything than snow off the ice. Zadorov plays stronger than anyone on our team, save for Cole. We need more of that. He shouldn't break the bank to re-sign, which is bog factor moving forward. Currently at 3.1 per season. 

Just now, Rekker said:

Myers doesn't clear anything than snow off the ice. Zadorov plays stronger than anyone on our team, save for Cole. We need more of that. He shouldn't break the bank to re-sign, which is bog factor moving forward. Currently at 3.1 per season. 

Myers has his warts, but he and the other larger defensemen actually have cleared the crease for Demko quite a lot lately. Zadorov sometimes plays hard and sometimes floats. He’s not the answer. He’s an answer but far from the answer. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Any hour now.. 

CDC closing or the reward arriving?

• Haha 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers has his warts, but he and the other larger defensemen actually have cleared the crease for Demko quite a lot lately. Zadorov sometimes plays hard and sometimes floats. He’s not the answer. He’s an answer but far from the answer. 

Technically both?

But I hope not, they need to leave my shitpost kingdom alone 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

No to Lekkerimaki.... The boy is doing in the SHL, what Petey did atm... don't let a gem like that go.

Lekkerimaki and Willander are untouchable. They are Allvin’s first round picks. They are our future. And they are also Swedish. Must keep all of our Swedish players. We even have another Petey coming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He is tougher than Myers or Soucy. I will give you the on and off play. He's a tough character too. Calling out his deadbeat teammates. He's one of the few Russians to speak out against that turd of a leaders war on Ukaine. Big tough dmen in that price range don't grow on trees. He's not the hill I'm willing to die on, but would be stoked to see Zadorov in a Canucks uni. 

• Cheers 1