[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Lekkerimaki and Willander are untouchable. They are Allvin’s first round picks. They are our future. And they are also Swedish. Must keep all of our Swedish players. We even have another Petey coming. 

100 percent. With any luck they will be ready on entry level contracts sooner than later. Maybe two more years. I'm all for dangling this years first for anything we need, if the age of the aquired player is the right fit.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

He is tougher than Myers or Soucy. I will give you the on and off play. He's a tough character too. Calling out his deadbeat teammates. He's one of the few Russians to speak out against that turd of a leaders war on Ukaine. Big tough dmen in that price range don't grow on trees. He's not the hill I'm willing to die on, but would be stoked to see Zadorov in a Canucks uni. 

Big Z is coming…

#WeAreGoldStar

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Screw said:

I disagree.  I think the team is not rushing to sell for pennies on the dollar is a more accurate take.

We will see when it shakes out.

For now Garland is playing quality minutes which makes it more comfortable to be patient.

Garland is on pace for less than 20 points. He's playing. 

If we're looking to add another high end scorer then all I can say is that it would have to be a power forward type.  There's just no way we can add another small and/or soft player to our forward group and hope to have any chance of playoff success.  The talk of us adding another big-bodied RHD, like Colton Parayko, made way more sense to me.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Garland is on pace for less than 20 points. He's playing. 

Garland is worth more on our team at 5 mill than another team at 2 mill on our books less a mid round draft pick.  He doesnt get quality minutes and at 12-13 minutes a night on a low powered 3rd line he at least provides some chippy play.  If there is an injury to any of our current top 6 or PDG starts to slump we can easily move him up the lineup and rely on him for some offense.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Seriously tho, CHI is the only team that can take the cap dump back from us, has a big RHD that doesn't fit their rebuild, and needs picks. So that's why I think it might happen.

I’d be fine with Seth Jones if they retained a little off the top.  

But for the player and such a lengthy retention we’d be giving up a ton.  Juice probably wouldn’t be worth the squeeze 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:49 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Rewarding the players by getting rid of Myers. 

I gotta say, I’ve been one of the biggest Myers haters on here for years. But still, even I have to admit his last few games have been solid. Not $6M solid… but for where he is in the lineup I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I gotta say, I’ve been one of the biggest Myers haters on here for years. But still, even I have to admit his last few games have been solid. Not $6M solid… but for where he is in the lineup I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

I'll say it. He's been playing better the last few games. Not living up to his 6M price tag, but a lot better than before. I'll take Myers now, but if we can get rid of him, I'd love to be able to do it.