[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

6 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I think it will be Peeke

Have a sneaky feeling that it could be Peeke. RHD, he's 25/26 years old, which is a player that fits the age and the window of this current group, no? Makes too much sense for it not to happen. 

6 hours ago, The Duke said:

I’d be fine with Seth Jones if they retained a little off the top.  

But for the player and such a lengthy retention we’d be giving up a ton.  Juice probably wouldn’t be worth the squeeze 

Yep, he's definitely overpaid but he's still a pretty good defenseman (just not $9.5M good).

If Chicago were to retain $3M, Seth Jones might be an incredible fit here. However, like you said, asking Chicago to retain multiple millions for 6 years (almost 7) would cost a big asset.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lekkerimaki and Willander are untouchable. They are Allvin’s first round picks. They are our future. And they are also Swedish. Must keep all of our Swedish players. We even have another Petey coming. 

They definitely should be untouchables...

They are (hopefully) going to be part of the salvation, when OELs dead cap comes into play. 
It just magic that we finally have a RHD in the system, that has a proper chance to become a top 4 RHD. 
And JL is really starting to make a name for himself.... if only..... Imagine a second Petey.

We'd be golden...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Have a sneaky feeling that it could be Peeke. RHD, he's 25/26 years old, which is a player that fits the age and the window of this current group, no? Makes too much sense for it not to happen. 

Unless he’s not that good 

pA’s pro scouts have been very on point will all players they targeted 

Hronek 

Desmith 

cole 

soucy 

milky 

Kuzy 

Lafferty 

Aman

Bear 

bluggere and Suter I really like they will step up 

lesser extent 

Joshua

Studnicka 

- we are still getting legit nhl games from them 

the deals haven’t happened yet because PA isn’t happy with them yet - patience week to week is something we can afford right now - when was the last time we said that 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Reward the players?

As said so eloquently by Rick Tocchet…”Who are we to think we’re anybody?”

I don’t buy this whole rewarding the players thing.

All they’re doing is trying to complete the roster which is what they’ve been doing since they started. Maybe theres a little more urgency to make a move early but I don’t think the approach has changed. They’re looking to upgrade the D as they should.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All they’re doing is trying to complete the roster which is what they’ve been doing since they started. Maybe theres a little more urgency to make a move early but I don’t think the approach has changed. They’re looking to upgrade the D as they should.

I don’t think you can underestimate the messaging as well.

We have two key signings we need to make by next summer.  A little investment now can pay dividends in being able to complete those signings at the most reasonable dollar possible.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe its not a player thing; maybe the phones are being 'worked' for a different deal.

Like a practice facility rental.

46 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Maybe its not a player thing; maybe the phones are being 'worked' for a different deal.

Like a practice facility rental.

If it’s Dhaliwal saying it it’s usually because he’s talked to agents or execs. 

Something has to give with Garland we all

know that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Unless he’s not that good 

pA’s pro scouts have been very on point will all players they targeted 

Hronek 

Desmith 

cole 

soucy 

milky 

Kuzy 

Lafferty 

Aman

Bear 

bluggere and Suter I really like they will step up 

lesser extent 

Joshua

Studnicka 

- we are still getting legit nhl games from them 

the deals haven’t happened yet because PA isn’t happy with them yet - patience week to week is something we can afford right now - when was the last time we said that 

Not in a long long time. 

Your right though, this current management's pro scouting has been very good (unlike Benning). 

Honestly, I don't know too much about Peeke, other than he's a RHD, and he's good defensively, something I feel like we need, no? 

59 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Get Dhaliwal to give us an update, he needs to back up his statement from yesterday 

His job is to speculate and pass along what he hears, he's already done his job, we're at twelve pages at this point 

The reward the players bit sounds silly this early in the season, but GM's are always working the phones, the Canucks may or may not be doing it more than others 

This isn't news, realistically we've probably been working the phones to try and move cap since before the draft or the summer 

CFF likely has a pretty solid idea of who management would like to move (Myers, Garland, maybe Beau), but these aren't pieces that currently hold much value 

Any trade we make at this point likely involves cap in and cap out, so a hockey trade, and given the pieces we'd probably like to move getting clear upgrades in the form of top six players or top our D means we'd likely have to add to pieces we'd like to move out to facilitate such moves 

Our options to move players while not giving up players with value are likely pretty limited 

It's way too early into the season for most teams to be sellers too, which is why Columbus gets bandied about because of their D surplus 

Calgary looks most likely to sell sooner than later, as opposed to making hockey trades, but trading with a direct divisional rival likely wouldn't be cheap 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

Rasmus Andersson

Package including a vet, a prospect, and a 1st.  My take (in Proposals section)... Beauvillier, Podkolzin, 1st.  Allows CGY to flip Beauvillier at the TDL and frees up $4.5M next year to re-sign Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Rasmus Andersson

Package including a vet, a prospect, and a 1st.  My take (in Proposals section)... Beauvillier, Podkolzin, 1st.  Allows CGY to flip Beauvillier at the TDL and frees up $4.5M next year to re-sign Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.

Great idea 

I’d go 2025 1st 

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Rasmus Andersson

I would even add a bit like klimovich to get this done or if they preferred hoglander over podz

andersson is exactly what we need 

23 hours ago, spook007 said:

No to Lekkerimaki.... The boy is doing in the SHL, what Petey did atm... don't let a gem like that go.

I'd prefer not to as well but try to be realistic in my proposals where we have to give up to get. I am not really into researching around the league right now, but if a guy around Hronek's level is making like 4-5m somewhere with 2-3 years left on it then that would be worth it to me as it would make us legit contenders.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Rasmus Andersson

I'd be surprised, if that's all it takes to get Anderson...

Beau has zero value except cap, Podz is a maybe, and a late first.... If he can swing a trade like that for Andersson, sign me up... and I like Podz...