[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

I would even add a bit like klimovich to get this done or if they preferred hoglander over podz

andersson is exactly what we need 

Yup.  IF Andersson is available, we should be giving up what it takes to get him.  Having Hughes, Hronek, and Andersson covering off 50% of our defence core makes us a top tier defence team.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

I'd be surprised, if that's all it takes to get Anderson...

Beau has zero value except cap, Podz is a maybe, and a late first.... If he can swing a trade like that for Andersson, sign me up... and I like Podz...

Cap is worth a ton.  We know that.  Beauvillier being on the last year of his contract and likely having value at the TDL with 50% retention adds to it.  Podkolzin might not be enough though.  It likely would cost us one of our top 3 prospects (Lekkerimaki, Willander, or ???).  But if we can do it with Podkolzin or Hoglander, and maybe add a bit more with a lower tier prospect or an additional pick, we would be foolish not to.  Top tier RHD rarely become available.  Especially ones under 30 years old with term left on their contract.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Cap is worth a ton.  We know that.  Beauvillier being on the last year of his contract and likely having value at the TDL with 50% retention adds to it.  Podkolzin might not be enough though.  It likely would cost us one of our top 3 prospects (Lekkerimaki, Willander, or ???).  But if we can do it with Podkolzin or Hoglander, and maybe add a bit more with a lower tier prospect or an additional pick, we would be foolish not to.  Top tier RHD rarely become available.  Especially ones under 30 years old with term left on their contract.

I fully agree.I mean yes I really like Tanev but if we can get a younger D with term you do it.

2 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I'd prefer not to as well but try to be realistic in my proposals where we have to give up to get. I am not really into researching around the league right now, but if a guy around Hronek's level is making like 4-5m somewhere with 2-3 years left on it then that would be worth it to me as it would make us legit contenders.

I know, and its interesting, but unless we have decent ELCs coming in to take up roster spots in the next 2 years, we'll have major cap issues, and it may hinder the continued success of this group...

But never say never.... I just fear we will regret letting those two prized assets go.... a top 4RHD and a 1st line Winger on ELC....

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I stated earlier that the two untouchables for me are JL and Willander.. If we can get Anderson for a 1st, Beau and Podz or anyone not names JL or Willander, sign me up... 

45 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Rasmus Andersson

Package including a vet, a prospect, and a 1st.  My take (in Proposals section)... Beauvillier, Podkolzin, 1st.  Allows CGY to flip Beauvillier at the TDL and frees up $4.5M next year to re-sign Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.

He'd cost more than that imo 

I also don't think either player will end up extending in Calgary if their current season-opening slide continues, Calgary can't afford to risk their top players walking for nothing either 

I think Zadorov, Tanev, and Hanifin are much likelier to be on the table than Andersson, and Andersson is the only D besides Weegar currently signed beyond this season 

Seems like a player they'd want to try and keep, if only to help try and stabilize whatever ends up happening in Calgary, they're gonna need someone playing top four minutes 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'd cost more than that imo 

I also don't think either player will end up extending in Calgary if their current season-opening slide continues, Calgary can't afford to risk their top players walking for nothing either 

I think Zadorov, Tanev, and Hanifin are much likelier to be on the table than Andersson, and Andersson is the only D besides Weegar currently signed beyond this season 

Seems like a player they'd want to try and keep, if only to help try and stabilize whatever ends up happening in Calgary, they're gonna need someone playing top four minutes 

I'm sure they'd want to keep Andersson too, but if they really want to acquire major assets, then moving him is the way to go.

Not sure how many teams would pay up for pending UFAs.  Their values are dampened because of their contract status.

As painful as it would be, I mentioned in my proposal thread that I'd be willing to go as high as Podkolzin, Bz, Beauvillier, and a 1st for Andersson.  A ton to give up, but man Andersson would transform our defence into a top tier core.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I know, and its interesting, but unless we have decent ELCs coming in to take up roster spots in the next 2 years, we'll have major cap issues, and it may hinder the continued success of this group...

But never say never.... I just fear we will regret letting those two prized assets go.... a top 4RHD and a 1st line Winger on ELC....

Both our RD top prospects are untouchable for me, same with Pettersson (well untouchable in the sense of fair value), as while our backend is looking good this year, we have few long term players in positions where as I'm more open to Lekkermaki going as we have more long term offensive guys in place. You are very right regarding the value of elc's though.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm sure they'd want to keep Andersson too, but if they really want to acquire major assets, then moving him is the way to go.

Not sure how many teams would pay up for pending UFAs.  Their values are dampened because of their contract status.

As painful as it would be, I mentioned in my proposal thread that I'd be willing to go as high as Podkolzin, Bz, Beauvillier, and a 1st for Andersson.  A ton to give up, but man Andersson would transform our defence into a top tier core.

If I were a gambling man I'd put money on them getting those via Zadorov, Hanifin, and Lindholm, maybe Tanev too

They don't need to move Andersson, he's on a great deal with term and they still need to ice a team even if they ship out big fish 

I also question the value of your proposed package, if Anderrson actually becomes available bidding won't be Canucks only 

He'd be great as a Canuck sure, but I just don't see it 

They'd be better off shipping him out of the division anyway if the idea is to retool as opposed to rebuild

Edited by Coconuts

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Rasmus Andersson

Package including a vet, a prospect, and a 1st.  My take (in Proposals section)... Beauvillier, Podkolzin, 1st.  Allows CGY to flip Beauvillier at the TDL and frees up $4.5M next year to re-sign Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.

As @Coconuts eluded to, if they're going in to a retool, Andersson is one of the main guys you hang on to unless someone overpays you. Expiring (or near term expiring) guys near or +30 like Tanev, Hanifin (young but expiring UFA) and Zadorov on D or Lindholm ...maybe Backlund at F (though the latter is unlikely given he just extended). 

Lord knows what they do with Kadri and Huberdeau though. Retention? Buyouts?

What would it take to get Tanev and Andersson, AND have them take Myers cap back for us to make it work?

To Vancouver : Tanev and Andersson

To Calgary: Myers, Garland, Lekkermaki, 1st, + ?

Cup contending defense of:

Hughes Hronek

Cole Andersson

Soucy Tanev 

Lots of shutdown options and offensive options. We know we have the offense and goalie to compete, this would give us one of the best defenses in the league.

Just now, aGENT said:

As @Coconuts eluded to, if they're going in to a retool, Andersson is one of the main guys you hang on to unless someone overpays you. Expiring (or near term expiring) guys near or +30 like Tanev, Hanifin (young but expiring UFA) and Zadorov on D or Lindholm ...maybe Backlund at F (though the latter is unlikely given he just extended). 

That's why I don't think it'd be as simple as moving on from Tanev, Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.  Kadri, Huberdeau, and Weegar are there.  I bet they've paused all UFA contract negotiations to decide how to approach this mess.  I think they're better to keep pushing forward and see if they can find the right mix of chemistry.  The talent is all there.

5 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Both our RD top prospects are untouchable for me, same with Pettersson (well untouchable in the sense of fair value), as while our backend is looking good this year, we have few long term players in positions where as I'm more open to Lekkermaki going as we have more long term offensive guys in place. You are very right regarding the value of elc's though.

I agree, except I won't let go of Lekkerimaki... atm he is following Petey's path.

Who knows, he may have to take over after Petey, if he decides to leave. On the other hand, I am sure Petey is aware of Lekkerimaki as well and can see a way forward, with top talent coming in to support him in the future... His agent may also advise him that Vancouver could be a nice place to continue his future, if he wants to win, as the pipeline is promising....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think they stay, which also further muddies the water regarding any rebuild 

Calgary likely tries to straddle the retooling/competing line going forward imo

They'll sell when they feel they have to, hold on to assets if they aren't buying youth, and try to ice a competitive roster

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

I agree, except I won't let go of Lekkerimaki... atm he is following Petey's path.

Who knows, he may have to take over after Petey, if he decides to leave. On the other hand, I am sure Petey is aware of Lekkerimaki as well and can see a way forward, with top talent coming in to support him in the future... His agent may also advise him that Vancouver could be a nice place to continue his future, if he wants to win, as the pipeline is promising....

I agree. I'd be in to trading any of our next two firsts instead of Lekker or Will. They are further along and showing promise. The next two firsts, knock on wood, will be later firsts. Keep these two birds in hand as we will need cheap entry level contracts badly in the near future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

At the end of the day UFA's have to want to stay, a Calgary roster with a questionable competitive outlook isn't a great selling point 

Will be interesting to see what Calgary does to flood the market with players and quite possible they go scorched earth. They have many marketable players that could garner many high picks. Really, they are perfectly positioned to start a rebuild. Except that Hub contract. Yikes. 

29 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Will be interesting to see what Calgary does to flood the market with players and quite possible they go scorched earth. They have many marketable players that could garner many high picks. Really, they are perfectly positioned to start a rebuild. Except that Hub contract. Yikes. 

Huberdeau, Weegar, Kadri, and Markstrom likely aren't going anywhere 

Backlund and Coleman are likely there for the foreseeable future as well 

Pending UFA's will likely be sold for the best returns they can get or the returns that make the most sense in relation to whatever Calgary's short, medium, and long-term plans are 

They lost Gaudreau for nothing, they won't let that happen again any time soon 

Apparently we're also looking for a top 6 scorer on top of the RHD. 

Canucks are switching gears after the promising start. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Insider-drops-massive-update-on-Allvin-trade-intentions-The-Canucks-minding-has-switched-294384

''Sat said he heard over the weekend if Canucks could have their way they would love to add another high end scorer and top 4 Dman...They're very aggressive as a front office to try and improve the team...They believe they're missing a couple big pieces.''

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently we're also looking for a top 6 scorer on top of the RHD. 

Canucks are switching gears after the promising start. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Insider-drops-massive-update-on-Allvin-trade-intentions-The-Canucks-minding-has-switched-294384

''Sat said he heard over the weekend if Canucks could have their way they would love to add another high end scorer and top 4 Dman...They're very aggressive as a front office to try and improve the team...They believe they're missing a couple big pieces.''

Sounds great in theory, but most teams in the league would like to add a high end scorer and top four D

Unless they're willing to pay up to move unsavory cap out and then pay more for said assets, or move out players who currently hold positive trade value, it doesn't seem realistic though 

47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think they stay, which also further muddies the water regarding any rebuild 

Calgary likely tries to straddle the retooling/competing line going forward imo

They'll sell when they feel they have to, hold on to assets if they aren't buying youth, and try to ice a competitive roster

tbh now is the time for calgary to scorch earth rebuild.. hanafin lindholm andersson mangiapane will all fetch plenty of 1st and prospect... kadri huberdeau can prolly still be moved if they are willing to eat 50% of their cap but they have all the powers to choose where to go and still would get decent returns with the 50% retention.. now it's not really a bad time for them to call it sell everything and rebuild.. like they can easily be heading into this draft with 4-5 1st rounder and finish bad enough they might even have a chance at celebrini and rebuild around wolf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

tbh now is the time for calgary to scorch earth rebuild.. hanafin lindholm andersson mangiapane will all fetch plenty of 1st and prospect... kadri huberdeau can prolly still be moved if they are willing to eat 50% of their cap but they have all the powers to choose where to go and still would get decent returns with the 50% retention.. now it's not really a bad time for them to call it sell everything and rebuild.. like they can easily be heading into this draft with 4-5 1st rounder and finish bad enough they might even have a chance at celebrini and rebuild around wolf

Never say never, but I'd be very surprised if Calgary were willing to eat that much long-term dead cap 

A bottom feeder in San Jose wasn't even willing to do it to get a better return on Karlsson, and both Kadri and Huberdeau have more term attached than Karlsson