[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

Just now, Coconuts said:

Sounds great in theory, but most teams in the league would like to add a high end scorer and top four D

Unless they're willing to pay up to move unsavory cap out and then pay more for said assets, or move out players who currently hold positive trade value, it doesn't seem realistic though 

Ofcourse he'd have to move out players and give up assets like younger guys or prospects to get those types of players back in a trade.  

It's not happening for Garland Myers or Beau. 

1st or 2nd round picks, young players and/or prospects would have to be involved.  

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Ofcourse he'd have to move out players and give up assets like younger guys or prospects to get those types of players back in a trade.  

It's not happening for Garland Myers or Beau. 

1st or 2nd round picks, young players and/or prospects would have to be involved.  

Absolutely 

Seems way too early to be mortgaging the future imo, let's try making the playoffs at least once first 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Never say never, but I'd be very surprised if Calgary were willing to eat that much long-term dead cap 

A bottom feeder in San Jose wasn't even willing to do it to get a better return on Karlsson, and both Kadri and Huberdeau have more term attached than Karlsson 

it's true but i think the owner and management might consider because they have the new arena deal done and if they kick start the rebuild now and say land a celebrini and couple more high end picks.. maybe.. just maybe they'll be good enough when the new arena is done.. the longer they delay the more they'll look like the canucks forever mediocrity for 10+ years because they refuse to rebuild. eating dead cap on kardi and huberdeau is still better than paying them but they don't contribute to the winning or tanking

26 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Absolutely 

Seems way too early to be mortgaging the future imo, let's try making the playoffs at least once first 

I agree.

We should try to make playoffs. Get rid of Beau and Myers as UFA at end of his season. 

Try to move out Garland and his cap hit. 

In summer we'll have some cap space to upgrade top 6 forward and top 4 RHD

I'd hold on to our next summer draft picks and be hesitant to move out young players like Hogz and Podz just yet. 

If we can upgrade our Defense in a Garland trade then ofcourse we do it... we'd have to add but all depends on what we're adding and what we're getting back. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I agree.

We should try to make playoffs. Get rid of Beau and Myers as UFA at end of his season. 

Try to move out Garland and his cap hit. 

In summer we'll have some cap space to upgrade top 6 forward and top 4 RHD

I'd hold on to our next summer draft picks and be hesitant to move out young players like Hogz and Podz just yet. 

If we can upgrade our Defense in a Garland trade then ofcourse we do it... we'd have to add but all depends on what we're adding and what we're getting back. 

Agreed, I'd explore options because that's management's job, but I'd be conservative regarding the spending of assets like picks and prospects 

Bolstering our prospect pool should still be a priority and I'd rather not move high picks

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Why am I getting the sense that just like the last two TDLs this management group is just thinging us along?  :classic_ninja:

We're always doing a thing until proven otherwise, and even then we may not choose to believe we're not doing a thing 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Why am I getting the sense that just like the last two TDLs this management group is just thinging us along?  :classic_ninja:

I kind of like that this management group runs a tight ship. With Benning and Co they couldn't keep a lid on anything.

I just saw a proposal by some idiots under the Bar Down banner for the following, and it just makes me wonder how these dipshits manage to attract a following:

IMG_9187.thumb.png.1b80a27ea5485404495ace799c3cae3d.png

Go smoke some more crack you dumb hacks.

If the pic is too blurry for anyone, this is their proposal that one of them also said that PHI would reject!

Travis Sanheim 

for

Tom Willander

Ian Cole or Carson Soucy

2024 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

yes they are talking about how the money would work out but Allvin would hang up the phone immediately I’m sure 

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

I just saw a proposal by some idiots under the Bar Down banner for the following, and it just makes me wonder how these dipshits manage to attract a following:

If the pic is too blurry for anyone, this is their proposal that one of them also said that PHI would reject!

Travis Sanheim 

for

Tom Willander

Ian Cole or Carson Soucy

2024 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

yes they are talking about how the money would work out but Allvin would hang up the phone immediately I’m sure 

Lol now don't get me wrong Sanheim is playing pretty well right now. He's signed for another 7 seasons lol until his age 36/37 season. But, yeah let's give them Tom Willander an expiring deal on a dman who is performing up to his contract, plus a 1st this year and 2nd next year. Straight up dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, NotJimBenning said:

I think this is also not a bad idea. Good relationship with Tocchet as well. But, the big thing would be playing time. 

Lets try again.We need defense.We dont need old ,fat forwards.We have extra few on our own.Try repeat that few times might stuck properly.lol

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

Travis Sanheim 

for

Tom Willander

Ian Cole or Carson Soucy

2024 1st round pick

2025 2nd round pick 

laugh at them before hanging up. 

GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1