[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

53 minutes ago, Bane said:

Canucks are all in now, I would start looking to trade a first round draft pick for a top 4 RHD. My target would be Colton Parayko. 

With 50% retained and taking Garland or Beauvillier back sure... he already isn't the player he was and he has a lot of terrible anchor years on that contract.

Not sure why St. Louis does this as they are clinging to a playoff spot and not rebuilding yet.  

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

With 50% retained and taking Garland or Beauvillier back sure... he already isn't the player he was and he has a lot of terrible anchor years on that contract.

Not sure why St. Louis does this as they are clinging to a playoff spot and not rebuilding yet.  

Blues sold last season but they have a good enough roster to make the playoffs, just wasn't working for them last season. They added three first round talents to their prospect pool, if anything they'll look to compete while retooling. Going out and getting Hayes at 50% from Philly is evidence of this. They're not a high scoring team thus far but they are absolutely in the mix. 

Edited by Coconuts

The more you think, the harder it is to make a deal make sense.

I wonder what the flames think they can get for Tanev at the deadline.  Statistically, he’s having a bad season. I wouldn’t give a 1st for him.  Even a 2nd seems steep.  What did we get for Schenn last year, a 3rd? I’d pay that.

But you also need to move salary out (AB or Garland?) so would that drive up the price?

AB + throw-in depth RD + 3rd for Tanev.

Maaaybe go up to a 2nd if they toss in a 4th.

Feels like we’re muddling about with Tanev, though. I’d really like us to chase another true #2-3D who brings some offence to that 2nd pair OR just try and clear a bit of cap for Bear.

Still say I’d give up the bank for a Hanifin trade if he’d sign long term.  Would have to be Garland going to free up long term cap.

1st+Brzustewicz+Garland for Hanifin.  Play Cole on his off hand. 

Hughes-Hronek

Hanifin-Cole

Soucy-Myers

That’s a top D group in the league - and upgrading 5’11 180 pound Friedman to 6’3 210 Hanifin who averages about 40 points a year is a huge upgrade.

Personally, I’d probably wait a year on a deal of that magnitude but management has been super aggressive this offseason.

3 hours ago, Bane said:

Canucks are all in now, I would start looking to trade a first round draft pick for a top 4 RHD. My target would be Colton Parayko. 

agree go all in 

2025 1st + Podkolzin + Klimovich + Beauvellier for cap to CGY for Rasmus Andersson 

that's an arguably better package than we got for Bo 

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Feels like we’re muddling about with Tanev, though. I’d really like us to chase another true #2-3D who brings some offence to that 2nd pair OR just try and clear a bit of cap for Bear.

Still say I’d give up the bank for a Hanifin trade if he’d sign long term.  Would have to be Garland going to free up long term cap.

Hughes-Hronek

Hanifin-Cole

Soucy-Myers

That’s a top D group in the league - and upgrading 5’11 180 pound Friedman to 6’3 210 Hanifin who averages about 40 points a year is a huge upgrade.

Personally, I’d probably wait a year on a deal of that magnitude but management has been super aggressive this offseason.

do this for Andersson, cap controlled, plays on the right,  Hanifin is UFA and American may not resign with us play left I believe but I agree, I go in for it now, Miller not getting younger can't waste a year 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

do this for Andersson, cap controlled, plays on the right,  Hanifin is UFA and American may not resign with us play left I believe but I agree, I go in for it now, Miller not getting younger can't waste a year 

Yep - Andersson would be preferable but not sure he’s available.  If Hanifin is available, contract talks would have to be part of the negotiations.  

If we somehow manage to trade for 2 top 4 RHD in 2 seasons I’d be doing backflips, though.  Even if we were off to a more average (but decent) start managment is clearly “all in” on this core.  

Id bet they’re at least trying to do something big.

11 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

agree go all in 

2025 1st + Podkolzin + Klimovich + Beauvellier for cap to CGY for Rasmus Andersson 

that's an arguably better package than we got for Bo 

All in indeed, this year is probably our best shot at the cup. Big raises due next year and OEL buyout kicks in

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Hughes-Hronek

Hanifin-Cole

Soucy-Myers

I suggested a package of Beauvillier, Brzustewicz, Karlsson and our 1st for R.Andersson. Apparently my evaluation is out to lunch. I legitimately think that would give us a top 5 Defense in the league. 

For us - He's cost controlled for 2 more seasons after this. Has scored 50 points, has tremendous skill. I think a pairing of him and Cole would be a pain in the ass for the opposition. Signals that we are for real. Gives time for Willander to develop. We keep Lekkerimaki, D-Pete, Willander, Podkolzin, Bains.

For them - Signals rebuild, get the top scoring dman in the chl, Karlsson is playing very well in the Ahl (potential bottom 6 forward), Clear future cap space, get a top 32 pick. 

Edited by NotJimBenning
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

The Vegas strategy, damn the consequences just try and win a cup.

Things have looked quite a bit different for Vegas since entering the league, our scenarios have not been the same 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vegas_Golden_Knights_seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

All-in talk thirteen games into the season? Man. 

Oh Yeah GIF by Jesse Ling

Rollin high, dont ever wanna come down. 

We got a top 5 Center in the league, top 5 Dman, and a top 5 Goalie. After 10+ years of avoiding a rebuild why be conservative now. Time to go full supernova, burn bright die young.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Things have looked quite a bit different for Vegas since entering the league, our scenarios have not been the same 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vegas_Golden_Knights_seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons

Not saying it'll end well but there is some merit in trying to go for it.

16 minutes ago, NotJimBenning said:

I suggested a package of Beauvillier, Brzustewicz, Karlsson and our 1st for R.Andersson. Apparently my evaluation is out to lunch. I legitimately think that would give us a top 5 Defense in the league. 

For us - He's cost controlled for 2 more seasons after this. Has scored 50 points, has tremendous skill. I think a pairing of him and Cole would be a pain in the ass for the opposition. Signals that we are for real. Gives time for Willander to develop. We keep Lekkerimaki, D-Pete, Willander, Podkolzin, Bains.

For them - Signals rebuild, get the top scoring dman in the chl, Karlsson is playing very well in the Ahl (potential bottom 6 forward), Clear future cap space, get a top 32 pick. 

Dont you mean the 32nd pick? ha ha. Love this trade but I dont think Calgary would.... even if it was Garlund instead of Beauvillier

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotJimBenning said:

I think we should be aggressive, but not stupid. We aren't going to be able to retain all our players going forward. Need to make sure we have adequate replacements. 

I'm not even sold on aggressive. I understand being excited about our start but I'm a bit more skeptical when considering who we've beaten and some numbers. 

The only really good teams we've beaten this season were a Florida team missing it's top two D and Dallas. We lead the league in goals but remove the 10-1 and 8-1 beatdowns of defensively porous teams in San Jose and Edmonton and our goals for probably looks a lot more normal. We lead the league in team shooting percentage at 16.1%, which means we're probably due for some regression. That number is probably propped up by said beatdowns an our fourth ranked powerplay because we're 27th in the league in shots on goal thus far.

We've beaten some average teams in Ottawa, Nashville, and St. Louis. 

The Stars win was impressive, overall I do question where we're actually at when considering our competition thus far though. 

It's great that we're beating teams we should beat, but we haven't played very many top end teams thus far. 

I'm curious as to where we'll be in February or March. I think we're good enough for a wildcard or divisional spot but I get a chuckle out of any "all-in" or "contenders" talk. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Dont you mean the 32nd pick? ha ha. Love this trade but I dont think Calgary would.... even if it was Garlund instead of Beauvillier

Well for the deal to happen, we would need to send one over to match salaries. I think Garland is a trade candidate this summer. A lot weaker ufa class and most teams will have cap space, which would be perfect for us trying to trade. Think we would have more options. 

6 hours ago, Bane said:

Maybe just wait before doing anything that may be foolish. I'm all for improving the blueline, but first round picks are significant pieces of currency and we're only a handful of games into the season. What if one of (God forbid) Petey, Hughes or Demko take a significant injury and our season goes into the shitter? We'll be awful sorry we traded that pick.