[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Maybe just wait before doing anything that may be foolish. I'm all for improving the blueline, but first round picks are significant pieces of currency and we're only a handful of games into the season. What if one of (God forbid) Petey, Hughes or Demko take a significant injury and our season goes into the shitter? We'll be awful sorry we traded that pick.

I truly believe we can miss two of the core for periods and still reach playoff.

We are so deep now.

If we get Andersson for a few firsts and Garland we have a RHD side that is ridiculus good going forward.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Andersson

Pettersson Willander

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Maybe just wait before doing anything that may be foolish. I'm all for improving the blueline, but first round picks are significant pieces of currency and we're only a handful of games into the season. What if one of (God forbid) Petey, Hughes or Demko take a significant injury and our season goes into the shitter? We'll be awful sorry we traded that pick.

Yeah two weeks prior to trade deadline is when the Canucks should throw down a blockbuster. 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

All-in talk thirteen games into the season? Man. 

I think its also about Cowgary pooping the bed. If they are desperate to move someone good, they yeah, lets do that if it's an Allvin-type deal, not a Benning-type deal. 

Edited by Bob Long

Wouldn't change a thing right now. Would look to add some toughness later. But right now let them Gel. 

Bains, Aman, Podkolzin, Raty, Klim, Hirose, Mcward and co chilling out on the farm working on details.

I like where this team is at rn. Just need to add some punch.  

Edited by Hammertime

5 hours ago, The Duke said:

1st+Brzustewicz+Garland for Hanifin.  Play Cole on his off hand. 

48 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya, it’s a no for me.

It's not for me either. 

Hunter B is not the type of kid you trade away. Way too much potential in this kid. 

• Cheers 1

I would be willing to part with 1st if it meant another Hronek type.

AKA top 4 D-man with decent age very capable of being signed long-term.

A short term top 4 D wouldn’t be bad but I wouldn't give a 1st.

I am not in a rush to do things yet. Closer to the 1/2 point if we're still up at the top end in the conference. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition
4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

All-in talk thirteen games into the season? Man. 

If that’s directed at me, it was about signing Miller for 7 years, buying out OEL and trading for Hronek.  

Nothing to do with this season - management isn’t playing the long game around Petey/Hughes/Demko/Miller.

Zadorov has asked for a trade out of Calgary. 

Brad Treliving is GM in Toronto.  He'll overpay and out bid the Canucks..

This is a solid player. Would be awesome to have him but with Leafs needing a D upgrade badly means they'll out bid us..

What would we give up for Zadorov?  

Much like Tanev I’d maybe do a little more and say 2nd + Beauvillier.  Not a tough package to beat, though.

Cole playing extremely well means it’s not a pressing issue - but we can always flip him to his off hand I guess.  Would be a punishing bottom 6 with Zadorov in the mix. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do we want him though? He’s big and touch? But can he actually okay maybe Tanen I’d the guy we want? 

He'll likely be expensive to acquire from the Flames whether he's requested a trade or not, I can tell you that for free. 😉 

Leafs or Oilers should be all over this though.

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

If that’s directed at me, it was about signing Miller for 7 years, buying out OEL and trading for Hronek.  

Nothing to do with this season - management isn’t playing the long game around Petey/Hughes/Demko/Miller.

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I just think it's waaaaaay too early too be talking about "all-in" and "contention". We're not even halfway through November, we haven't made the playoffs in back to back years in ages and I'm not a homer so I'm not expecting us to waltz into the playoffs and walk straight to a final. 

Management should do their due diligence, absolutely, but people can be excited about the start while recognizing the context of it and being pragmatic. It's a long season. We're a Hughes, Demko, or Pettersson injury away from potentially looking verrrry different. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1