[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

CGY was probably so incredibly impressed with Myers skilled snipe for a goal the other night, they need him bad.

Myers for Tanev

Then, the Canucks will sign Bear

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Soucy - Bear

Friedman

Demko, Petey, Boeser and Hughes will be so happy with Tanev back, they'll be energized to go all the way this year. 

Gonna shock the world and win a Cup

• Cheers 3

1st + winger for a top-4 defenceman. Having Friedman as 4RD right now is wild. Myers is a great 6th guy and Soucy a solid 5th but neither is a 2nd pairing defenceman on a playoff team.

If we want to be taken seriously as a playoff team, that's what we need to fix. Get a 2nd pairing shutdown defenceman. Can be LD or RD, Cole can play the other side, and then suddenly we have one of the best defences in the West.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - go hard for Hanifin. I know he said he wants to stay but look at the mess over there, they're heading for a lottery pick. 1st + young player should do the job easily. Otherwise there are plenty of top-4 defencemen we could surely poach. We should be targeting bottom feeding teams, so:

1) Calgary - target Hanifin or maybe even Zadorov

2) St Louis - no one really there, maybe Faulk or Parayko but I'd steer clear

3) Minnesota - Brodin would be lovely but no way they move him and he has an NMC, Middelton has looked good but again, cheap and young so they probably keep him and not that good defensively 

4) Nashville - Fabbro or Carrier are decent options but really shouldn't cost us over a 1st

5) Philly - no one

6) Washington - TVR is average, Alexeyev seems like a great little project but not quite proven or in his prime yet

7) Winnipeg - Pion's pretty stable, young shutdown RD, Demelo's having a great season so would be a perfect pick-up on the right side

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

Weegar and hubby haven’t been a fit in Calgary at all, wonder what the price tag would be on weegar and his 8x6.25, if Calgary took back garland and Myers 

to van:

weegar 

mangiapane

to Calgary:

Garland

Myers

Hoglander

Raty

woo

1st 2024

3rd 2025 

big price to pay but does this not make the Canucks a contender? 

That is way too much to give up and no, it doesn't guarantee us being a contender. 

Hard PASS. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No this is just to keep people watching D&D.

Dhali is equal parts insider, and equal parts BS.

This is one of the BS ones.

Ironically when he was on 1130 he was a better insider and reporter.

He's nailed his fair share of reports this year though has he not?

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Ngl, its feeling great to be thinking about "Adding" to this team rather than thinking about, how are we planning to accumulate draft picks and maximizing the trade to gain assets.

I can't remember a time when I felt this excited about this team being good and relevant that we are looking to bolster this team. 

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Since we are basically all in already on the season as make or break time for this roster… taking advantage of Calgary’s woes by getting Tanev and/or Zadorov seems like an interesting idea.  

Not too expensive.  It would add a nice feel good vibe for the guys to get Tanev back and undoing some hard feelings by the previous regime.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Trading #8s?

Garland for Tanev

Outside of swapping jerseys (lol), this seems to make sense.  Garland is a cost control top 6 player who will help bring Calgary's lack luster group into the fight each game.  We get out of the Garland contract, finally.

Tanev immediately slots in beside Cole pushing Myers permanently to the 3rd pair with Soucy.  

Team is rewarded by getting one of their core players back, and one of the Captain's favorite teamates.  Boys would be pumped.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Feels like Eriksson for OEL trade, part 2. I'd rather just finish Myers instead of extending it again.

Myers also played really well the last 2 games. If he can remain consistent and plays like he did the last 2 games, he is a top 4 RHD (though still overpaid). I think playing shelter minutes and being at home where Tocchet able to do the line matching, it benefited him. I also trust working with Foote and Gonchar would help him out with his game. I am fine holding onto him until his contract expires.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, SV. said:

I can wax lyrical for days and days about the impending irresponsibility this management would be doing to the organization by "rewarding" the team after one decent month, but this team has proven, time and time again, they do not care to be serious and professional.

So, with that, let the chaos ensue and we'll see what the damage is after the fact 🤘

Wax on…wax off. 

image.gif.5519d7d2deb6eb47375362909875e3e6.gif