[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Has this one been mentioned? It would give us the extra $1M in cap space that has been rumored as an Allvin want.

- Conor Garland
(3 years at $4.95M)

- Anthony Beauvilier
(1 year at $4.15M)

- Christian Wolanin
(2 years at $0.775M)

TO VANCOUVER

- Colton Parayko (15% Cap Hit)
(7 years at $5.25M)

- Jakub Vrana
(1 year at $2.625M)

- 2nd Round Selection Toronto 2024

Do you write for Canucks Army or what?

• Haha 1

If this really points to a Kessel signing, then I know they are totally different players and mean totally different things to the teams they played with, but it almost would feel like the Sundin signing when Gillis took over. Veteran player well liked around the league signing a one year contract on an up and coming team.

Not saying I'm pro Kessel signing, but management has thus far made good tweaks (on balance) and doing something like that would certainly be am interesting story.

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He may not lead us to the promised land but he would lead us to a thrilling new era of Canucks hockey

Blessed by the Thrill in all his iron-man, three time Stanley Cup Champion glory 

I don't understand how adding Kessel to this group would help? How exactly would he help this team? Is he the kind of player we need? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1st + Beau/Garland + Woo for Hanifin

If they're not going to re-sign him he's essentially a rental. That team needs scoring, give them a winger.

Pass. This kind of deal would be something a cup contender would be making. We are a playoff contender. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Has this one been mentioned? It would give us the extra $1M in cap space that has been rumored as an Allvin want.

- Conor Garland
(3 years at $4.95M)

- Anthony Beauvilier
(1 year at $4.15M)

- Christian Wolanin
(2 years at $0.775M)

TO VANCOUVER

(7 years at $5.25M)

- Jakub Vrana
(1 year at $2.625M)

Why would St Louis even consider this? While Parayko might be slightly overpaid, he's their number 1 defenseman and top penalty killer. If they're trading him they are rebuilding, not also tossing in 2nd round picks. And Vrana is the same age and just as good as Garland for a fraction of the price. Also why would they want Wolanin?

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

1st would be the starting point. At least it would be Woo, Lekkerimaki, Mynio, Garland plus the first. They might also insist on Wollanin.

Calgary is not going just take a 1st and Garland.

No to anything involving Lekkerimaki.... He is going to help keep the cap down. Maybe, hopefully not, Willander if its Anderson.

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

No to anything involving Lekkerimaki.... He is going to help keep the cap down. Maybe, hopefully not, Willander if its Anderson.

I don't want to lose either JL or Willander. I'm ok with a pick in the 20s but these two kids are both too important to the future.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

CGY was probably so incredibly impressed with Myers skilled snipe for a goal the other night, they need him bad.

Myers for Tanev

Then, the Canucks will sign Bear

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Tanev

Soucy - Bear

Friedman

Demko, Petey, Boeser and Hughes will be so happy with Tanev back, they'll be energized to go all the way this year. 

Gonna shock the world and win a Cup

Fridman actually played well so far... no need for Baer in this scenario...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

No to Kessel and Tanev. 

Winning is a nice bonus as RT builds his structure into this team. Sitting JT for 2 shifts last night was classic. All this is building towards 2 years out. This team should be a serious contender. Canucks have to bring some cheaper and younger talent to the roster so that serious trades can be made for playoffs in 2 years. Both JR and PA have done a solid job to date. One of their best moves was hiring RT. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Pass. This kind of deal would be something a cup contender would be making. We are a playoff contender. 

Yes but it's not just a rental, Hanifin is still young and could be our solid 2LD for many years behind Quinn. Considering we might be getting a 20th+ overall pick in a pretty average draft class, I'd do it. Woo is never going to crack the NHL, let's be honest, and Garland/Beau is essentially a cap dump the way NYI dressed him up to us as an additional value piece.

Then in the off-season, pull a Calgary and sign Zadorov to play 2RD and suddenly we might have the best defence in the West, not just now but locked in for the next 5 years.

hmm…what would reward the team? Reinforcements for a playoff push this season, with proven chemistry, without sacrificing significant futures.

Bringing back a favourite player, a teammate from last season, and a coach’s favourite to add secondary scoring

Keep most of the team intact, plus bank significant cap space to be one of a few playoff teams to capitalize at the TDL…

image.thumb.png.c14a7e7e237ea9d7e1532351d1698736.png

image.thumb.png.246108b5cde1397e14448a6677efcf80.png

• Haha 1

There is no doubt they need

1. another top Right D

2. bottom six needs to be better but with Blueggercoming back and Suter and Joshua under achieving right now the answer could come from within for the bottom 6

PA and JR seem to get it 

they have made a lot of moves that are right on point 

the coach 

hronek

Desmith 

Cole

Soucy

keeping Miller 

Kuzy

Milky 

Friedman over Boner 

Lafferty 

Suter, Bluegger, Aman, Joshua - need to see more but I like them 

13 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Aside from Garland, who is speculated to have asked for a trade, There is no one currently in the top 12 i want to lose! haha

So, just Myers and Garland on my 'can spare em' list

So Beauvillier must be on the 4th line then?

I know he got a couple assists lately but he still has no finish, does not go into corners, gets knocked over in a slight breeze, etc.

I think we are better to keep Myers for now.

We may have to add, or take back salary to move Garland; freaking brutal contract for a non-scoring smurf even though he has a great attitude and is a real good tryer.

14 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

- Conor Garland
(3 years at $4.95M)

- Anthony Beauvilier
(1 year at $4.15M)

- Christian Wolanin
(2 years at $0.775M)

TO VANCOUVER

(7 years at $5.25M)

- Jakub Vrana
(1 year at $2.625M)

But.... are the Blues ready to give up on Parayko who's like their top D-man??

I'd also target their RHS Centre Sundqvist who should be a good fit here!! They are not gonna take on both Beau and Garland... unless we throw in high picks/prospects!!