[Rumour] Are we Doing a Thing? Zadorov Wants Out Edition

17 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Man, if we can somehow get Zadarov from the Flames for Garland. Would you do it if we through in our first?

I don't think so. Garland is not that bad and Zadorov not that good.

Plus, he's a UFA next year, so we could just sign him. I think we've obviously had a hot start, but there's still a piece or two we're missing before we're cup contenders, and I don't think we need to force it this year.

We have some elite talent in our prospects. I think our team in 2-3 years will be even better, just from internal promotions.

I don't want to be rushing into stuff and tossing 1sts around. Keep them and continue to build our prospect pool. 

A little patience is what this team needs.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

This just in.... Backstrom is taking time off from the Caps... so now they have lots of cap room to do deal with us!! They are aging and need offensive help.... Let's send them Garland and Beauvillier!!

To Caps: Garland, Beauvillier, Myers (retain 50%) + prospect (Klimovich?) = 12M

To Van: Mantha, Van Riemsdyk = 8.7M

Seems like a win-win to me!!

7 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I don't think so. Garland is not that bad and Zadorov not that good.

Plus, he's a UFA next year, so we could just sign him. I think we've obviously had a hot start, but there's still a piece or two we're missing before we're cup contenders, and I don't think we need to force it this year.

We have some elite talent in our prospects. I think our team in 2-3 years will be even better, just from internal promotions.

I don't want to be rushing into stuff and tossing 1sts around. Keep them and continue to build our prospect pool. 

A little patience is what this team needs.

Ya, I'm not on the patience side. I don't agree on Zadorov, he's a physical, defensive beast. But fair enough. Our first should be in play though. Our time is now, and the next three years with Hughes and Demko on the cheap, prime JT, and hopefully an extended EP

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I don't think so. Garland is not that bad

Garland is all but useless, especially if we make playoffs. Ya he forechecks, but that cap hit will kill us added to OEL'S next season. He has to be moved. Picture 9 million for OEL and Gar. Ouch.

Edited by Rekker

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Garland is all but useless, especially if we make playoffs. Ya he forechecks, but that cap hit will kill us added to OEL'S next season. He has to be moved. Picture 9 million for OEL and Gar. Ouch.

I'd say Tocchet disagrees with you as Garland is almost always out in important situations at the end of games.  If I had to guess, I'd say RT wants to keep Garland rather than see him dealt

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Ya, I'm not on the patience side. I don't agree on Zadorov, he's a physical, defensive beast. But fair enough. Our first should be in play though. Our time is now, and the next three years with Hughes and Demko on the cheap, prime JT, and hopefully an extended EP

38 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I may be underestimating Zadorov a bit. I do think he is good, I just don't know if we should dump the first for him unless we can guarantee he signs. Sign and trade sort of deal.

By patience, I mean not blowing it all for this year. I agree, the next 3 years is our time. But we have guys coming up who could be impact players.

And Garland's cap hit will definitely kill us, I agree. I think we should move him, just hoping it won't require too much of a sweetener. Part of why I wanted to wait for the OEL buyout was the cap penalty for the next couple is rough. Though I know it has facilitated other moves that have improved the team, so what do I know.

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say Tocchet disagrees with you as Garland is almost always out in important situations at the end of games.  If I had to guess, I'd say RT wants to keep Garland rather than see him dealt

Really? Maybe he's trying to show he's got some game, showcasing? You really want Garland here two more seasons at 5 per?

Just now, Lewlowned said:

I may be underestimating Zadorov a bit, but I do think he is good. I just don't know if we should dump the first for him unless we can guarantee he signs. Sign and trade sort of deal.

By patience, I mean not blowing it all for this year. I agree, the next 3 years is our time. But we have guys coming up who could be impact players.

And Garland's cap hit will definitely kill us, I agree. I think we should move him, just hoping it won't require too much of a sweetener. Part of why I wanted to wait for the OEL buyout was the cap penalty for the next couple is rough. Though I know it has facilitated other moves that have improved the team, so what do I know.

I'm with you. What do any of us know, lol. It's a for fun discussion board so fly at it. 

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Garland has been a firecracker out there. He's been quite good. That being said, just because a coach plays a player in certain situations doesn't mean that he has designs on keeping him. I'd wager that Tocchet isn't concerned about "keeping" or "dealing" Garland, as that's Alvin's job, and I'm thinking that they're in pretty regular communication regarding the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'm with you. What do any of us know, lol. It's a for fun discussion board so fly at it. 

But, but, "they" said there would be a reward for the players; I still haven't figured out what the Hronek that could be.

All the blueberries you can eat pick yourself?

Just more media trolling? 

4 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

But, but, "they" said there would be a reward for the players; I still haven't figured out what the Hronek that could be.

All the blueberries you can eat pick yourself?

Just more media trolling? 

Free Taylor Swift tickets. 

• ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

37 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

But Garland want out

Yeah Tocchet loves Garland.  And the pundits threw water on the idea that he “wants out” seems like it’s a management-driven thing and he’s hoping to have a bit of input on where he lands.

I understand management wanting some flexibility cap-wise with Petey and Hronek needing new deals and trying to replace Myers with a legit 2nd pair RD - that’s where I see wanting to move Garland from management’s perspective. (Plus we have some wing depth Bains, Lekkerimaki and Pods if he heals up.)

On other topics: I don’t see the need for Zadorov this year.  Maybe next season to replace Cole as a longer term option.

Friedman has been a nice pickup but with Myers and Soucy playing well on the 3rd pair - that’s where I think we can improve. A new RD partner for Cole would go a long way easing some of Hronek’s ice time.

Edited by The Duke

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Yeah Tocchet loves Garland.

I understand management wanting some flexibility cap-wise with Petey and Hronek needing new deals and trying to replace Myers with a legit 2nd pair RD - that’s where I see wanting to move Garland from management’s perspective. (Plus we have some wing depth Bains, Lekkerimaki and Pods if he heals up.)

On other topics: I don’t see the need for Zadorov this year.  Maybe next season to replace Cole as a longer term option.

Friedman has been a nice pickup but with Myers and Soucy playing well on the 3rd pair - that’s where I think we can improve. A new RD partner for Cole would go a long way easing some of Hronek’s ice time.

Yeah, we have too many lefties to target Zadorov this year. 

I liked the idea of Tanev as a stop gap for Willander, and upgrade on our top 4. Not if the price is a 1st though.  

PA said that they wouldn’t trade a first for a 30 yr old. Better we save it for a younger player with term / we can re-sign like Hronek

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

This just in.... Backstrom is taking time off from the Caps... so now they have lots of cap room to do deal with us!! They are aging and need offensive help.... Let's send them Garland and Beauvillier!!

To Caps: Garland, Beauvillier, Myers (retain 50%) + prospect (Klimovich?) = 12M

To Van: Mantha, Van Riemsdyk = 8.7M

Seems like a win-win to me!!

Rumour was Washington looking at a Mantha trade to free up cap for Garland.

Will be interesting to see if Backstrom goes o LTIR. Could be the first domino that leads to a trade for us.

The other is Jiricek playing his 10th game for CLB, which will come sooner. Even if they don’t trade with us, it might have a domino effect.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Yeah, we have too many lefties to target Zadorov this year. 

I liked the idea of Tanev as a stop gap for Willander, and upgrade on our top 4. Not if the price is a 1st though.  

PA said that they wouldn’t trade a first for a 30 yr old. Better we save it for a younger player with term / we can re-sign like Hronek

Tanev for Garland 1.5 retained, 2nd, Woo?

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Man, if we can somehow get Zadarov from the Flames for Garland. Would you do it if we through in our first?

Zadorov would be a pretty decent upgrade on Friedman on our second pair and has experience playing the right side, but he's not worth a first.

Just now, Pears said:

Zadorov would be a pretty decent upgrade on Friedman on our second pair and has experience playing the right side, but he's not worth a first.

Maube, but I would do it, if it dumps Garland at the same time. My original proposal. 

29 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Zada is worth a first at the deadline, or very close to it. Garland has par value, maybe. 

I argue Garland will bring an asset.  The Canucks will not need to pay to get rid of him.

Further,   I would reserve trading 1st picks for opportunity to add players like Miller or Hronek.  Zadarov, while good, is not the calibre of payer the Canucks should shed 1st round picks for.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2