Tom Willander | D

Fanuck

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not just points though.  Kid is plus 24 on a team with leading scorer and potential first overall in 2024 Mack Celebrini second on the team at plus 18.  So Willander is killing it at 5 on 5.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

What are we doing if he turns into a Makar?!

Lol, if he becomes 75% to 80% of what Makar is, we'll probably win a Cup with 2 defencemen of the calibre of Hughes and Willander anchoring the blueline.  The thing that lowered Willander's draft stock was primarily because he was touted as a defenceman that was touted as being a 2-way defenceman that was stronger defensively than offensively.  Since then, I think his offensive game has been elevated to another level (clearly with his stats at the NCAA).  We've got a bonafide top pairing RHD developing right before us folks.  Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 50 to 60 point RHD stud for us in the near future.

Man, our future top 4D core looks very promising...

Hughes-Willander

DPetey-Hronek

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hughes-Willander

DPetey-Hronek

I hope they re-up Hronek, he's been WAY better than most people expected myself included, but I'm concerned that contract would be prohibitively expensive and cost the franchise the ability so solidify any meaningful depth to the overall roster.   Allvin has a plan and parameters, of that I'm certain,  just remains to see where everyone fits in that plan.  

Anyway,  back on topic,  does anyone know when the frozen four tournament finals begin?  I'm assuming BU is in the mix, no?  I haven't been able to follow as closely as in the past unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Lol, if he becomes 75% to 80% of what Makar is, we'll probably win a Cup with 2 defencemen of the calibre of Hughes and Willander anchoring the blueline.  The thing that lowered Willander's draft stock was primarily because he was touted as a defenceman that was touted as being a 2-way defenceman that was stronger defensively than offensively.  Since then, I think his offensive game has been elevated to another level (clearly with his stats at the NCAA).  We've got a bonafide top pairing RHD developing right before us folks.  Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 50 to 60 point RHD stud for us in the near future.

Hughes-Willander

DPetey-Hronek

I have a feeling that Willander will be better than Hronek, so I'd split him up with Hughes...

Hughes        Hronek

Pettersson   Willander

The beauty is that both D-Petey and Willander won't be on the big club until 2025 at the earliest, so we will have them on ELC contracts for 3 years after that.  So, although we will have a very expensive top pairing, we will have a dirt cheap 2nd pairing for the next several years...

We can have Zadorov on the 3rd pairing with another monster.  I would go hard after Vincent Desharnais in free agency.  Pair him with Zadorov and we will have the twin towers on the back end...

• Cheers 2

On 3/18/2024 at 2:17 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I have a feeling that Willander will be better than Hronek, so I'd split him up with Hughes...

Hughes        Hronek

Pettersson   Willander

The beauty is that both D-Petey and Willander won't be on the big club until 2025 at the earliest, so we will have them on ELC contracts for 3 years after that.  So, although we will have a very expensive top pairing, we will have a dirt cheap 2nd pairing for the next several years...

We can have Zadorov on the 3rd pairing with another monster.  I would go hard after Vincent Desharnais in free agency.  Pair him with Zadorov and we will have the twin towers on the back end...

Two rookies won't be the 2nd pair in their first year. Maybe their 3rd year hopefully they can be a really good pairing. 

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Willander

DPetey RHD 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Two rookies won't be the 2nd pair in their first year. Maybe their 3rd year hopefully they can be a really good pairing. 

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Willander

DPetey RHD 

If we have both D petey and wilander on the team in 2025 that will go a long way to solving the cap situation.  I would predict we would have Lekkerimaki, Raty, Silovs and Bains on ELC in 2025 as well.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

If we have both D petey and wilander on the team in 2025 that will go a long way to solving the cap situation.  I would predict we would have Lekkerimaki, Raty, Silovs and Bains on ELC in 2025 as well.  

I could see that, by all accounts Sassons is playing really well too as a two way C

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Yes, making us the only team in the league with two top-10 rated prospeccts.

NGL

Low key kinda miffed that Anaheim is collecting so many amazing young prospects and players.  Hoping they Buffalo around for a while and fail to develop them

• Haha 1