[Fired] Dorion out as GM in Ottawa

Goalie29

16 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Comment suggests a serious lack of integrity if true. 

a room full of 32 (almost exclusively) white, male, middle-aged (or older) billionaires. 

they collectively couldn't spell the word "integrity".

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

The NHL organization is extremely disgusting. Here are some seriously bad black marks.

1) New Jersey - supposed forfeiture of draft pick and the subsequent restoration of that pick

2) Chicago's role in a proven sexual assault case - and the lack of real punishment from the NHL

3) salary cap circumvention punishment on the Canucks (similar to NJ, except the Canucks were actually punished)

4) Ottawa being punished.

Should they have punished Las Vegas too? It takes two to party after all...

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Please let it be Doug Wilson for new GM. Dorion did a fine job of rebuilding, but now they need a finisher. A killer.

Wilson ain't getting any younger, but given his body of work in San Jose he could potentially be a good fit

20 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Please let it be Doug Wilson for new GM. Dorion did a fine job of rebuilding, but now they need a finisher. A killer.

isn't doug wilson's claim to fame assembling the best team ever that just consistently couldn't win?

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

isn't doug wilson's claim to fame assembling the best team ever that just consistently couldn't win?

Haha fair point. They were contenders year after year for a very long time though. At least 20 years between full-scale rebuilds; they constantly drafted and developed very well despite rarely picking early in the draft. I think that's the kind of sustained success the Sens need to establish themselves through generations and cut into Toronto and Montreal's fanbase. And his other claim to fame was Joe Thornton for Wayne Primeau, Marco Sturm and Brad Stuart.

Also Sens fans like me always have to keep our expectations in check. Wilson is from Ottawa so there's a realistic chance they could actually land him, like when Murray went there for his ride-into-the-sunset gig.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, cripplereh said:

I blame the NHL for the trade.

They have to approve any trade made and if a list of teams is not on it the person approving the trade should be fired as they didn't tell the Sens they didn't submit the list.

Yes but crap falls downhill and the NHL wants Ottawa to pay for what they say embarrassed them 

Heck there decisions and ruling and suspensions do that on there own to promote incompetence and embarrass themselves

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 11/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, cripplereh said:

I blame the NHL for the trade.

They have to approve any trade made and if a list of teams is not on it the person approving the trade should be fired as they didn't tell the Sens they didn't submit the list.

I agree with this. The NHL, however, doesn't punish itself or its refs for making bad calls. What about its decision on Chicago? Absolutely bush league to fine Chicago 2 million dollars for a SEXUAL assault case involving a cover up.