We need a new goal song!!!

I.AM.THE.WALRUS

19 hours ago, higgyfan said:

How 'bout something that sticks in your head, is very annoying to the opposition and is never forgotten.

A horrid little ditty that never has to be replaced (it seems) and can be song by all the fans.

Pixies covered wild honey pie by the Beatles 

I happen to love this but this wound annoy someone lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

This is also called Peaches

A goal song....hmmmm......What exactly is the purpose of even having one. A song like the above (Not fond of this one at all!) serves to irritate in the same manner as the Blackhawks Chelsea Dagger.  Others, and I believe most, are to pump up the fans in their home rink. Some achieve both, like Chelsea Dagger.

Didn't the Canes have Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" at some point? Hmmmm......

To me it's all about hype. Just the way David Lee Roth or Paul Stanley hype up fans at their respective band concerts, a goal song should provide the same vibe. 

What not a home grown artist who got the crowd going at the closing celebrations of the 2010 Olympics.

I know Nickleback gets allot' flack from homers, but this song rocks!

34 minutes ago, Sativika said:

A goal song....hmmmm......What exactly is the purpose of even having one. A song like the above (Not fond of this one at all!) serves to irritate in the same manner as the Blackhawks Chelsea Dagger.  Others, and I believe most, are to pump up the fans in their home rink. Some achieve both, like Chelsea Dagger.

Didn't the Canes have Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" at some point? Hmmmm......

To me it's all about hype. Just the way David Lee Roth or Paul Stanley hype up fans at their respective band concerts, a goal song should provide the same vibe. 

What not a home grown artist who got the crowd going at the closing celebrations of the 2010 Olympics.

I know Nickleback gets allot' flack from homers, but this song rocks!

Yeah exactly… Pump up the fans raise the roof… Celebrate the goal… I totally agree with this… I’m thinking blitzkrieg bop by the Ramones would be good too hey ho lets go over and over again totally get the crowd going

Another idea I had was to have the Roger Daltry YEAAAAHHHH!!! - near the end of ‘Won’t get fooled again’ -played after we score…

and of course the music that follows the shout… that would be epic 

Should have kept Van Halen. If they change it now it's going to be some pandering garbage from an overplayed radio band. I have 0 faith in them picking a sweet new goal song.. especially when there's brutal articles on canucksarmy suggesting a taylor swift breakup song.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, bishopshodan said:

I'm not kidding I think the Primus song i posted would be great as a goal song. 

And this should be our intro song...

This would be awesome as long as it starts at the "ohh yeaaaa" at the end of the intro

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

this was my favourite post 2011 goal song! Bubble Nucks 

instead we have La lalalala lalalala lalalalalalalalalala 

Regardless love the team just keep playing this way, the right way.

Go Nucks 

yeah this was the best.

But later in the actual song is where we were really thinking....

I been to the edge
And there I stood and looked down
You know I lost a lot of friends there baby
I got no time to mess around

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Apparently in the minority but I love the goal song. Agree with Chiclets/Ryan Whitney.

Its cheeky and fun. And especially fun live once you've had a few beers. 

I think if we score 10 goals on home ice and we can start just random "dont you forget about me" crowd chants.... yea we keep it.

The other teams will hate the La, laalla la lala lala as much as we did before we started relating it to goals?

• Haha 1

Ryan Whitney From spitting Chiclets said that we have the best goal song in hockey right now.
I’ve been to over half the rinks in the NHL and honestly, I agree with his take. the sound system in Rogers thumps hard. I love it. You gotta be there to appreciate it. It’s smooth. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Ryan Whitney From spitting Chiclets said that we have the best goal song in hockey right now.
I’ve been to over half the rinks in the NHL and honestly, I agree with his take. the sound system in Rogers thumps hard. I love it. You gotta be there to appreciate it. It’s smooth. 

I agree. It's pretty cool and the crowd's into it.

• Cheers 1