Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

33 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Brock is out for Game 7, we need a goal scorer to repalce him,  here's his big chance.......!

It would take some balls for management to bring Lekky in for a do or die game 7...  But then again...  We have Tocc.   

I agree, mostly with what is being said here but if Lekkerimaki say was ready, looked ready and proved it in preseason games, where teams

actually played, in some cases, hard against each other, and he passes all those tests, Wouldn't that justify a crack (a fair one), in the NHL?

Reminds me of a young Pettersson.  / Lekkimaki would do himself well by tuning out to camp with an edge + an attitude to want it...

I think it is more beneficial for him to atleast start the season in Abottsford. Play a full season of North American hockey in the AHL, develop good habits and learn the system from the lower tier, and if there are injuries, we can call him up mid-season to give him a shot.

I could see him potentially be NHL ready by TDL next year, and he will be our improvement from within player by the start of the playoffs.

However, I won't be surprised if he needs a full AHL season before he is ready to take the next step. We haven't been patient with our prospects in the Benning regime, and we must not make the same mistakes with our prospects now.

On 6/11/2024 at 2:29 PM, R3aL said:

I personally do not think JL is NHL Ready.

I think he needs to adjust to NA Pro timing, and get stronger especially in order to able to survive board battles.

If they put him in too early it could hurt his confidence / development imo.

I think if he has a strong camp he gets a couple games to start then goes to abby until hes undeniably ready for the jump.

UNLESS he has an unreal summer comes in Pro Body ready and he blows the doors off at camp.

Which would be unreal. But I wonder what his camp and the Canucks expect for him. It may impact what forwards they target for petey

I remember people saying the same thing about Pettersson to which I replied then “if he comes into camp and looks like one of the better players how could you send him down”

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I remember people saying the same thing about Pettersson to which I replied then “if he comes into camp and looks like one of the better players how could you send him down”

Yup. Lekkerimaki will be on the big club next year. He will be on a line with Petey and Guentzel. And he will score 30 and win the Calder. He will be in the second car in our Cup parade. 
F all the haters!  Not true fans. Go back to the clubs you cheer for. Crawl under their bridges. Losers. 

• chaos 1

18 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Petey and lekerimakki arent anywhere close to the same tier

look at peteys production in the shl playoffs, by the time he finished, he was putting up absolutely unheard of numbers

lekerimakki was good but absolutely nowhere near that kind of domination

let him cook in abby, i seroiusly dont get what the rush is. why stunt the guys development playing him sheltered 11-12mins/night in the nhl when hes not ready? many prospects have been ruined by that kind of impatience

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

look at peteys production in the shl playoffs, by the time he finished, he was putting up absolutely unheard of numbers

let him cook in abby, i seroiusly dont get what the rush is. why stunt the guys development playing him sheltered 11-12mins/night in the nhl when hes not ready? many prospects have been ruined by that kind of impatience

Led his SHL team in goals and points as a 19 year old. I know Pettersson was on another level but all I’m saying is don’t count him out either. If he comes in to training camp and is a point a game or higher and looks like he can hang it’s not a very good look to your young players that it doesn’t matter if you’re better you’re not making it anyway. If he earns a spot which he could he’s talented enough then give him a spot.

16 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Led his SHL team in goals and points as a 19 year old. I know Pettersson was on another level but all I’m saying is don’t count him out either. If he comes in to training camp and is a point a game or higher and looks like he can hang it’s not a very good look to your young players that it doesn’t matter if you’re better you’re not making it anyway. If he earns a spot which he could he’s talented enough then give him a spot.

If he's ready he will get a look but he likely needs serious gains to make the team as the team is near the top of its life cycle and rookies need to be complete players to make the team.

7 hours ago, flat land fish said:

If he's ready he will get a look but he likely needs serious gains to make the team as the team is near the top of its life cycle and rookies need to be complete players to make the team.

The classic Canuck development track is to rush young players into the line up. How many players have been ruined as a result. Virtanen was one and McCann could have been if he wasn't traded. Podz? Lekker has to have a fall back base to play at if the scoring doesn't come. He looks good so my hope is that management will nurse him along. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

The classic Canuck development track is to rush young players into the line up. How many players have been ruined as a result. Virtanen was one and McCann could have been if he wasn't traded. Podz? Lekker has to have a fall back base to play at if the scoring doesn't come. He looks good so my hope is that management will nurse him along. 

Hughes, Petey, Boeser. It depends on the level of the player. Lekkerimaki is of elite level. He will play on the big club on a line with Petey and Geuntzel. He will win the Calder. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I hope they don't rush either of those two Swedes. 

14 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

You can’t compare them that way.

Petey was on the absolute best team in SHL and Lekkerimäkis just barely went to playoffs.

Petey had the best support.