Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

3 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

I like him but he's not much of a playmaker and doesn't have much of a physical presence, which imo is what we need. Let's see how he develops but I think the team is missing tough gritty guys that can still produce and make the team hard to play against.

Have you watched him play or just looking at the stat line? 

^ in regards to his playmaking comment

physicality is not a strength nor is his size and he’s going to have to get stronger for sure

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Brock should come out and say he'll take a discount after he didn't play to his contract we gave him 

If he wants 7M, we may be forced to trading him to another team. If he wants to remain, he'll have to take a discount. His skating isn't good and he's young. It's only going to get worse as he ages. 

On 10/22/2023 at 2:17 AM, Dankmemes187 said:

if he keeps up the scoring pace he would translate to a third liner/ second liner and score about 40 points over 82 gp, but it doesnt take much swing in either direction for them to be a 50 point player or a 30 point player

it really is amazing this time last year eveyone was calling him a bust in his d1 year... really?

Not everyone by a long shot.

19 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Just testing something...will play with it more later...

TMI

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

I like him but he's not much of a playmaker and doesn't have much of a physical presence, which imo is what we need. Let's see how he develops but I think the team is missing tough gritty guys that can still produce and make the team hard to play against.

Pettersson, Miller, Suter, and Blueger are all more play makers than snipers - nothing wrong with having a winger that is more sniper than play maker.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:46 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Naslund had 22 goals in 39 games in the SEL at 19 years old.  Lekkerimaki has 7 goals in 12 games.  So he is on a pace for around 25 goals this year.  Petey had 24 goals as a 19 year old.  

I would say Lekkerimaki is on track to be a top 6 forward in the NHL, maybe a 30-goal scorer.  He could be in the NHL next season, which would be perfect timing as we have to make a decision on Boeser in the summer...

Petey comparison is a bit different because even though they were both 19 it was Petey's draft plus 1 year where he had 24 goals in 44 games. He only played that one year in the SHL after being drafted.

Lekkerimaki is already in his draft plus 2 year. Petey's production was definitely more impressive but no one expects Lek to be in the same realm as Petey.

Naslund played two years of pro in Sweden after getting drafted and put up identical seasons with 22 goals and 39 points in 39 games. 

Given the fact that last year was basically a write off for Lekkerimaki you could make an argument that this is closer to his draft plus one year. If he plays three years in Sweden I don't think that's a problem. He'd probably be ready to jump straight into the NHL after that.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, sashimi said:

Petey comparison is a bit different because even though they were both 19 it was Petey's draft plus 1 year where he had 24 goals in 44 games. He only played that one year in the SHL after being drafted.

Lekkerimaki is already in his draft plus 2 year. Petey's production was definitely more impressive but no one expects Lek to be in the same realm as Petey.

Naslund played two years of pro in Sweden after getting drafted and put up identical seasons with 22 goals and 39 points in 39 games. 

Given the fact that last year was basically a write off for Lekkerimaki you could make an argument that this is closer to his draft plus one year. If he plays three years in Sweden I don't think that's a problem. He'd probably be ready to jump straight into the NHL after that.

If Lekkerimaki scores 24 goals this year then there is no reason for him to stay in Sweden any longer.  If he is not ready for the NHL then his best option is to play in Abby so he can get adjusted to North America and the small rink.  Same as Tom Willander is doing this year.  

My feeling is he will probably stick with the Canucks next year, especially if we are moving out Garland and Beauvillier.  It also depends on if Hoglander and Podkolzin can stick in the NHL.  Podkolzin is in Abby right now and Hoglander is in and out of the lineup, so neither one has yet to secure a full time job in the NHL.

Lekkerimaki has the advantage over the other two in that he has a world class shot.  Playing with Miler or Petey he should be able to score alot of goals in the NHL...

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Jonathan Lekkerimäki continues his scoring ways, potting his league-leading 8th goal of the season.

The boy is on fire.... please be a true RW for EP in the future...

Just need a 'Bertuzzi' to go with them, and we have our next WCE line...

This team could actually be really good for a few years to come, if both Lekkerimaki and Wilander continues to progress as hoped for...

Lets just hope this is the case....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

This team could actually be really good for a few years to come, if both Lekkerimaki and Wilander continues to progress as hoped for...

The Swedes are coming my friend, they are coming...

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Oh I see. It was #86 Mathias Brome with the first goal. Buddy must have read 88.

I was following along on Sofascore and they had Jonathan Lekkerimaki as the goal scorer. 

He was still on record after 2 periods, not sure when they changed it.    

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

How about 6’6” 215lb Alriksson? 

All Swedish WCE 2.0?

• Cheers 1