Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If only..... drool... 

I think its too much to hope for 🙂

haha, yep. He’s only 18, and was a late round pick, so definitely a long shot for top line power forward.

Love that we drafted that player type, though, and he’s looking great in the OHL. Love that he and Willander chose to develop in North America. Hoping it translates to a shorter road to the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

haha, yep. He’s only 18, and was a late round pick, so definitely a long shot for top line power forward.

Love that we drafted that player type, though, and he’s looking great in the OHL. Love that he and Willander chose to develop in North America. Hoping it translates to a shorter road to the NHL.

Yeah glad to see him doing well... We'll see. what happens, but definitely worth a long shot... Should he become good enough to even play a 4th line role, it would be a big win... 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kid’s on pace to best Elias Pettersson’s U20 SHL goalscoring mark (24 goals in 2017-18) and, if he keeps this up, could possibly even challenge Kent Nilsson’s all-time U20 SHL goalscoring record (28 goals).

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, SISMIM said:

Kid’s on pace to best Elias Pettersson’s U20 SHL goalscoring mark (24 goals in 2017-18) and, if he keeps this up, could possibly even challenge Kent Nilsson’s all-time U20 SHL goalscoring record (28 goals).

Oh, he's in their houses, and he's smashing all their records.  

image.png.d954b729b87ca46174e868e7e6b7eea6.png

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, SISMIM said:

Lekkerimaki will likely be suiting up in the WJC, so he's not going to keep up his SHL GP pace.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wow, that was a beautiful goal, it's going to be great when he's a Canuck, there is something about his play that blows me away, he's is generous with the puck and shows crazy creativity for a kid his age.

One of the best draft picks that I think we have made in decades, of course that remains to be seen, but he has my attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VanCanFan said:

Wow, that was a beautiful goal, it's going to be great when he's a Canuck, there is something about his play that blows me away, he's is generous with the puck and shows crazy creativity for a kid his age.

One of the best draft picks that I think we have made in decades, of course that remains to be seen, but he has my attention.

He will be in the NHL next season.  He's gonna lead the SHL this year in goals at 19 years old.  Not even Naslund did that.  Lekkerimaki will make Boeser expendable in the summer IMO.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He will be in the NHL next season.  He's gonna lead the SHL this year in goals at 19 years old.  Not even Naslund did that.  Lekkerimaki will make Boeser expendable in the summer IMO.  

I think this new management team actually plans out when they believe a younger guy will push for a spot do they sign the roster player to a contract that reflects that predicted time. Over the next 1-3 seasons we are going to see some changes to the supporting cast, as the current roster guys contracts expire, or they’re traded. The young guys are pushing. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why? Is that you Eddie Vedder? Lol. 

Boeser is playing really well and as long as he keeps it up, why would you trade a potential 30+ goal scorer? 

Boeser, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin and Lekkerimaki. 

That's a pretty strong R side. 

Plus, it's not like Kuzmenko or Podkolzin can't play the left side. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Why? Is that you Eddie Vedder? Lol. 

Boeser is playing really well and as long as he keeps it up, why would you trade a potential 30+ goal scorer? 

Boeser, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin and Lekkerimaki. 

That's a pretty strong R side. 

Plus, it's not like Kuzmenko or Podkolzin can't play the left side. 

Boeser and Kuzmenko are both UFA’s in the summer of 2025. Both either need to be re-signed next summer or one needs to be traded. We can’t afford to sign both to 8x8 contracts. 

My money is on the Canucks re-signing Kuzmenko who is Petey’s wingman. Lekkerimaki will take Boeser’s spot with Miller. Boeser will be traded for a RHD. That’s my prediction. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser and Kuzmenko are both UFA’s in the summer of 2025. Both either need to be re-signed next summer or one needs to be traded. We can’t afford to sign both to 8x8 contracts. 

My money is on the Canucks re-signing Kuzmenko who is Petey’s wingman. Lekkerimaki will take Boeser’s spot with Miller. Boeser will be traded for a RHD. That’s my prediction. 

Who knows. It's too early to speculate. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SISMIM said:

He's on pace for 30 goals which would be insane for a 19 yo