Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

19 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Lekkerimäki leads SHL in goals

Brzustewicz leads OHL in points

Bains is tied for 1st in the AHL

DPetey is just under a point per game in the Allsvenskin

Kudryitsev is 5th for Defenceman in scoring (OHL)s

Best stretch of success Canucks prospects have even had. 

In Allvin we trust…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He will be in the NHL next season.  He's gonna lead the SHL this year in goals at 19 years old.  Not even Naslund did that.  Lekkerimaki will make Boeser expendable in the summer IMO.  

Agreed, his progression is going to be enjoying too watch 😃

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He will be in the NHL next season.  He's gonna lead the SHL this year in goals at 19 years old.  Not even Naslund did that.  Lekkerimaki will make Boeser expendable in the summer IMO.  

I wouldn't want to rush him. Guess we'll see if he's ready or not right. If he's ready, then it'll force management to make a move to create space for him. But man, I don't wanna see Brock leave. Guess that'll depend on his contract negotiations. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I wouldn't want to rush him. Guess we'll see if he's ready or not right. If he's ready, then it'll force management to make a move to create space for him. But man, I don't wanna see Brock leave. Guess that'll depend on his contract negotiations. 

I wanna rush him.

(jk)

I just can't wait to see him and Pettersson rack 'em up.

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

We need some cheap ELC contracts on the team to make the cap work. We won’t be able to afford both Kuzmenko and Boeser. Can’t pay two

wingers $8 million each. One of them will be traded next summer. Similar to Miller and Horvat. 

Boeser’s stats are inflated right now because of that 4 goal game.  Kuzmenko had 39 goals last year as a rookie. He plays well with Petey and Mikheyev. I think Lekkerimaki can slot right in with Miller and PDG. We would free up almost $6 million in cap space. 

Trading Garland also frees up $5 million in cap space. And with Beauvillier gone next year that’s another $4 million. Myers will either be gone as well or he’ll come back at half the cost. So that’s another $3 million. All of a sudden we have over $18 million in cap space. Plenty enough to re-sign Petey and Hronek and also to go after some free agents. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We need some cheap ELC contracts on the team to make the cap work. We won’t be able to afford both Kuzmenko and Boeser. Can’t pay two

wingers $8 million each. One of them will be traded next summer. Similar to Miller and Horvat. 

Boeser’s stats are inflated right now because of that 4 goal game.  Kuzmenko had 39 goals last year as a rookie. He plays well with Petey and Mikheyev. I think Lekkerimaki can slot right in with Miller and PDG. We would free up almost $6 million in cap space. 

Trading Garland also frees up $5 million in cap space. And with Beauvillier gone next year that’s another $4 million. Myers will either be gone as well or he’ll come back at half the cost. So that’s another $3 million. All of a sudden we have over $18 million in cap space. Plenty enough to re-sign Petey and Hronek and also to go after some free agents. 

This is assuming that Brock would want 8M right? And it really depends on how Kuzmenko performs. If he scores 40 goals again, then okay, he'll be deserving 8M. If Brock wants 8M, then he's gotta go as well sadly. This franchise doesn't have the best reputation of development, so that's why I don't want to rush Lekkerimaki. He's a prized prospect. You don't think Brock would take less to remain with the Canucks? 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This is assuming that Brock would want 8M right? And it really depends on how Kuzmenko performs. If he scores 40 goals again, then okay, he'll be deserving 8M. If Brock wants 8M, then he's gotta go as well sadly. This franchise doesn't have the best reputation of development, so that's why I don't want to rush Lekkerimaki. He's a prized prospect. You don't think Brock would take less to remain with the Canucks? 

I think Brock would have to score 40-50 goals this year and next to get 8 mil, no? 

Edited by Bob Long

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Well even at $7 million we still can’t afford both. Lekkerimaki would be coming in at $950k. So he replaces Boeser and then you take the extra $5.6 million in cap space to improve the defence. Plus Boeser would be traded so you’d have the assets from the trade. That’s how you maximize his value. 

Lekkerimaki is on a pace to break Petey’s record for goals in the SHL. If that actually happens then I don’t think we are rushing him to play next year in the NHL. If he’s getting 25 goals in the SHL as a 19 year old then he doesn’t need to stay there any longer. He would be ready for prime time. He would already be “developed”. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If he’s at 30 goals and 65 points he’s still getting $7 million on the open market. He’s almost making that right now. 

given his history tho I think he'll have to show those types of numbers 2 years in a row. 

RE: JL - we could also simply let Kuzy walk for the cap space as well. Brock might be willing to do something more team friendly if he wants to make a run with his buddies. 

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

given his history tho I think he'll have to show those types of numbers 2 years in a row. 

RE: JL - we could also simply let Kuzy walk for the cap space as well. Brock might be willing to do something more team friendly if he wants to make a run with his buddies. 

I prefer to keep Kuzmenko. He’s actually scored 39 goals. Boeser hasn’t. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I prefer to keep Kuzmenko. He’s actually scored 39 goals. Boeser hasn’t. 

Kuz Missile would be great if he could play without the puck. Boeser plays a lot heavier game. IMHAO we will keep Boeser and Lekkerimaki will push Kuz Missile out. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile would be great if he could play without the puck. Boeser plays a lot heavier game. IMHAO we will keep Boeser and Lekkerimaki will push Kuz Missile out. 

Last game Kuz was actually laying the body and helped break some plays up on the back check. I was quite impressed. Boeser too has had much more of an effort winning pucks back and making an impact in both ends of the ice that has led to extended time in the ozone/gotten us out of the dzone quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Last game Kuz was actually laying the body and helped break some plays up on the back check. I was quite impressed. Boeser too has had much more of an effort winning pucks back and making an impact in both ends of the ice that has led to extended time in the ozone/gotten us out of the dzone quickly.

Agree 100% both are playing the system In place fairly well. It’s not easy to change the way you play to fit a system and they both have put the effort In to do so. Very pleased with the trans group mentality. Just like hogs. He’s been a bull out there and I think Rick will move him up when the opportunity arises. I actually feel like hogs may fit nice with Blueger 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Boeser and Kuz will follow Captain Q and take deals to stay in Van.  5.5m each, Canucks get depth scoring Boes stays with his BFF's Petey and Huggy, and Kuz stays with his BFF Mik.  Everyone's happy! 😃

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Absolute world class deke and goal there, don't see many Canucks pull off a move like that and finish it.

Get the kid in the AHL next year, get him a year or two of experience and he'll be an elite NHL scorer.

He is having a great season in perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best league in the world.

We will have a pretty good idea of where he's at in his development by the end of their playoffs and perhaps in time for ours..

On 10/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser and Kuzmenko are both UFA’s in the summer of 2025. Both either need to be re-signed next summer or one needs to be traded. We can’t afford to sign both to 8x8 contracts. 

My money is on the Canucks re-signing Kuzmenko who is Petey’s wingman. Lekkerimaki will take Boeser’s spot with Miller. Boeser will be traded for a RHD. That’s my prediction. 

Very likely... think a lot depends on what kind of offers they receive for either of them... 

Can Lekkerimaki possibly play C?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

How are the leagues ranked now that Russia has shown themselves to be a global pariah?

NHL duh

AHL ?

SHL?

KHL?

just because you dont like their politics, they are still likely ranked second, then the SHL then the AHL

• Like 1