Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

Just now, Warhippy said:

I can actually say I did

I am 90% sure that it was my back and forth about Makar with Forsberg the Great that finally got him banned.  I saw Makar for about 18 months and every single time he was on the ice he was the best player on any team at any position.  I was screaming for him or to move up to get him.  Sure am not sad about Petey but was fuming Colorado got him to play with Mackinnon and Raantanen for a single down year

It was hard to say, alberta junior isnt exactly the greatest league which was really his biggest red flag. But hey give credit to the avs, took a chance, paid of big time

On 11/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, Blitz-Pix said:

Other than the Sedins I'm not entirely sure many took discounts, I feel they took fair market value in exchange for job security.

Gillis offered NTC like they were going outta style IMO. It kinda handcuffed us years later with regards to rebuilding.

That's kinda how I remember it anyway.   

Sedins did not take discounts, when Burke was with TO and the Sedins were negotiating their contract with Canucks, Burke announced that he intend3d to pursue them aggressively. How that wasn’t tampering, I have never figured out. But without a doubt that pushed up the cost for Canucks.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AllGamesAreRigged said:

The last 12 posts doesn't have the name Lekkerimaki in it

Yeah, Lekkerimäki 🤩

I got the dots right. Do I get a, hell yeah, for that? 

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Bahahaha great logic

Benning built the core that is crystal clear, idk how you struggle to accept that and doubt it? Allvin added the support. you come across as valuing the support more than the core.

Lmao switch the timelines and tell me how your core would stack up against the rest of the league

Mikheyev+Kuzmenko+Lafferty+Soucy+DeSmith 

Congratulations!! Im so happy Allvin could find a couple guys in the top 6 and mostly bottom 6 additions!! His impact is so much greater than JB!! Realistically Mikheyev and Kuzmenko would not have signed here without any hopes of winning a cup, thanks to the core in place courtesy of JB.

JB = Burke+Nonis

PA = Gillis

Be thankful for JB, he found elite players that are the future and give us the best chance of winning a cup. Now PA and JR have the easy task of finding secondary scoring/role players. Not franchise players who change the game. Get your head on straight bud.

Well, where shall I start… I say Seattle and raise 100.

I say the oilers and raise 1000.

Benning is very low so I hope you can give some change back please… I said Please… 😇

And then I raise with Lekkerimäki, Willander, Pettersson, Bruschtewhatever, Kudrilljwhatever and you find yourself cornered in just 2 years. 
Hows doth that feel mf

2 years only filled with Hirose, Mcward, Blueger, Cole, Hronek , Soucy, Kuz, Mikhajev and you name it.

Benning isn’t even close to get a support cast worth the name in 8 feckin years. 
He was so bad Petey wondered if he would stay at the cesspool Benning created

Not sure how the league let Burke's comments slide either. However, Burke was with the Leafs at the time, so rules may not have applied. LOL

Just my opinion but, I think the Sedins in UFA could have signed for more. I got the feeling that they really wanted to be in Vancouver though 

I'm not sure many teams would have been in a position to take on 2 players at $14 million (or more) though. 

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_0959.thumb.jpeg.996956fd60af8f62dba65408a72bde28.jpeg

Well where should I start…. Avoid betting because you sure arent going to have any success. Lmfao

Next time you should relax, take some time to digest and then answer. 
You actually didn’t comprehend what I wrote or… tried to take a cheap shot without substance.

35 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

And then I raise with Lekkerimäki, Willander, Pettersson, Bruschtewhatever, Kudrilljwhateve

Gotta say. Looks like some fine young talent brewing, but damn, are we not ripe with young prospects with impossible to spell and remember names. Lol. No Smiths, no Jones, give me an Edwards, something. Holy crap.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

And then I raise with Lekkerimäki, Willander, Pettersson, Bruschtewhatever, Kudrilljwhatever and you find yourself cornered in just 2 years. 
Hows doth that feel mf

2 years only filled with Hirose, Mcward, Blueger, Cole, Hronek , Soucy, Kuz, Mikhajev and you name it.

Benning isn’t even close to get a support cast worth the name in 8 feckin years. 
He was so bad Petey wondered if he would stay at the cesspool Benning created

cool story my money is still on Pettersson, Demko, Miller, Boeser Hughes being better than any of those players listed.

Troll harder elsewhere

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Gotta say. Looks like some fine young talent brewing, but damn, are we not ripe with young prospects with impossible to spell and remember names. Lol. No Smiths, no Jones, give me an Edwards, something. Holy crap.

Yeah, Allvin is on a mission to force us to learn strange names, or find pretty nicknames

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

cool story my money is still on Pettersson, Demko, Miller, Boeser Hughes being better than any of those players listed.

Troll harder elsewhere

So Allvin had Bennings low drafting picks?

Why do you even bother… Objectivity is the thing. Try to learn some of that skit instead.

3 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Next time you should relax, take some time to digest and then answer. 
You actually didn’t comprehend what I wrote or… tried to take a cheap shot without substance.

Maybe next time have the courtesy to add some actual substance to your statements and not your pipe. 
Statements without anything to back it up shows you have nothing. 
Please enlighten me on your original reply. Still waiting on this Petey was BPA proof, these morals and ethics you speak of when our current regime has been under the gun for a few things already. 

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Maybe next time have the courtesy to add some actual substance to your statements and not your pipe. 
Statements without anything to back it up shows you have nothing. 
Please enlighten me on your original reply. Still waiting on this Petey was BPA proof, these morals and ethics you speak of when our current regime has been under the gun for a few things already. 

Please, enlighten me of the morals and ehtics this current regime has been under the gun for.

Petey was BPA. We had the swedish scout that found Foppa Forsberg and said that even Stewie Wonder can see that Petey is good and that Petey will be drafted in first round.

Inge Hammarström is the reason we have Petey and it doesn’t matter who was the GM, Petey was our BPA all the way.

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

So Allvin had Bennings low drafting picks?

Why do you even bother… Objectivity is the thing. Try to learn some of that skit instead.

Do yourself a favour and go look at Allvin and JRs work in PIT. Its terrifying the state they left the organization in. I will say that perhaps PA had good things to bring forward to the draft table, but couldnt convince his GM of much and his GM couldnt draft shit. Was great at taking over a team already in place and cupboards with some solid prospects. 
No GM is perfect, the state that this organization was in when JB took over was an absolute fucking nightmare. Old decrepit roster, little to no value and no real grade A prospects. JB had to build a team first before filling the cupboards. If anyone here thought JB was here to win a cup at all, they are absolutely clueless. He was here to build and was given a contract extension when his product began to show serious promise. After the cap recap came off, he was handcuffed with a flat cap RIGHT AFTER MAKING MOVES TO GET TOFFOLI. A 4-8mil cap increase came to a dead fucking halt. Imagine what he could have done with that cap increase??? Sign Tanev and Toffoli and then we still could have acquired Mikheyev, Kuzmenko and Hronek. Benning got screwed, but ultimately he did succeed in the job he was brought in to do, rebuild the core. IDGAF he was let go, but I do give a fuck about what he brought to this organization and the future he gave us.

3 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Please, enlighten me of the morals and ehtics this current regime has been under the gun for.

Petey was BPA. We had the swedish scout that found Foppa Forsberg and said that even Stewie Wonder can see that Petey is good and that Petey will be drafted in first round.

Inge Hammarström is the reason we have Petey and it doesn’t matter who was the GM, Petey was our BPA all the way.

Ive shown you all the rankings. Petey was only once ranked top 5. Otherwise it ranged from 7-20

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Can you read?? I already did.

Rachel Doerrie???

Tocchets history?

buddy start paying attention and stop paying your losing bets

4 hours ago, flat land fish said:

That article is not a great example as Makar was a cherry on top and Pettersson was one of the first real building blocks.  Colorado was not expected to be that bad that season.

1 hour ago, filthy animal said:

Yup colorado for some reason had a down year and i dont think anybody new makar was going to be this good. He was ranked 8th ish range for the most part along with heiskenen and they shot up the draft boards the week of the draft

That article is also misleading because it's assuming the rebuilds both began in 2017, but that's not actually true for either team. Colorado's rebuild really began in 2011 with Landeskog and Vancouver's really began in 2014 with Virtanen. If we go off of that, it took Colorado 6 years to become a bubble team and 8 years to become a contender. If Vancouver mimicked Colorado, last season should have been our first as a contender. We actually became a bubble team in 2019-20, which is 5 years after starting a rebuild, but then took a step backwards. Starting out with a 6th overall and a 5th overall that both busted certainly didn't help Vancouver's rebuild.

Colorado actually also had some picks bust but have done a better job at asset management. For example, they traded Connor Timmins for Darcy Kemper and Tyson Jost for Nico Sturm to help their cup run. They also just recognized that Alex Newhook doesn't fit their plans and traded him for a late 1st and early 2nd this past draft, then flipped the 2nd for a 3C who better fit their needs (more physical and better at face-offs) in Ross Colton.

Edit: it's funny actually how much Colorado and Vancouver mimick each other at times. Duchene and Horvat were both pre-rebuild picks that were then traded. Duchene got Colorado Girard and Byram and Horvat got Vancouver Hronek and Aatu.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Sedins did not take discounts, when Burke was with TO and the Sedins were negotiating their contract with Canucks, Burke announced that he intend3d to pursue them aggressively. How that wasn’t tampering, I have never figured out. But without a doubt that pushed up the cost for Canucks.

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Not sure how the league let Burke's comments slide either. However, Burke was with the Leafs at the time, so rules may not have applied. LOL

Just my opinion but, I think the Sedins in UFA could have signed for more. I got the feeling that they really wanted to be in Vancouver though 

I'm not sure many teams would have been in a position to take on 2 players at $14 million (or more) though.

Only Jim Benning would be dumb enough to not know the rules of his own job. Burke's a lawyer and he learned at the feet of Lou Lamoriello, he would never be stupid enough to announce his intent to sign players who were still not yet free agents. The guy that made those comments was Ron Wilson, he was TO's head coach at the time. 

Wilson fined for Sedin remarks, Burke cleared (sportsnet.ca)

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Can you read?? I already did.

Rachel Doerrie???

Tocchets history?

buddy start paying attention and stop paying your losing bets

Is Doerrie really a thing? 
I raise it with Benning throwing prospects under the bus…

Tocchet… So what was that? Enlight me

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

That article is also misleading because it's assuming the rebuilds both began in 2017, but that's not actually true for either team. Colorado's rebuild really began in 2011 with Landeskog and Vancouver's really began in 2014 with Virtanen. If we go off of that, it took Colorado 6 years to become a bubble team and 8 years to become a contender. If Vancouver mimicked Colorado, last season should have been our first as a contender. We actually became a bubble team in 2019-20, which is 5 years after starting a rebuild, but then took a step backwards. Starting out with a 6th overall and a 5th overall that both busted certainly didn't help Vancouver's rebuild.

Colorado actually also had some picks bust but have done a better job at asset management. For example, they traded Connor Timmins for Darcy Kemper and Tyson Jost for Nico Sturm to help their cup run. They also just recognized that Alex Newhook doesn't fit their plans and traded him for a late 1st and early 2nd this past draft, then flipped the 2nd for a 3C who better fit their needs (more physical and better at face-offs) in Ross Colton.

Edit: it's funny actually how much Colorado and Vancouver mimick each other at times. Duchene and Horvat were both pre-rebuild picks that were then traded. Duchene got Colorado Girard and Byram and Horvat got Vancouver Hronek and Aatu.

You are bang on.  

BTW Vancouver resembles Dallas the most IMO. Stumbled our way into a couple of top 10 picks, got a great goalie and then tried to fill the rest in with veterans. Dallas had their veterans earlier, had more success. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Is Doerrie really a thing? 
I raise it with Benning throwing prospects under the bus…

Tocchet… So what was that? Enlight me

1) yea Doerrie really was a thing, it made for some piss poor hiring and headlines

2) https://thehockeynews.com/news/former-nhl-star-rick-tocchet-pleads-guilty-to-gambling-charges-1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

1) yea Doerrie really was a thing, it made for some piss poor hiring and headlines

2) https://thehockeynews.com/news/former-nhl-star-rick-tocchet-pleads-guilty-to-gambling-charges-1

Well, Benning was way worse regarding moral and ehtics towards another human being. 
So if you think Tocchets gambling thing hurt another player associated with the Canucks you might have a point. If not you have to take a course in moral and ehtics.

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Troll harder elsewhere

The one area Benning left us in a good position was his core that you mentioned.   With Boeser “back” the drafting flips back to a positive despite Virtanen / Juolevi, imo. 

Other poster also mentioning McWard and Hirose as if Stecher/Hutton are still a hopeful outcome for their careers.  

Anyways, I love what new management has done so far but for all his missteps, Benning had some flat out grand slams drafting Petey, Hughes and Demko while trading for Miller.

Boeser is a tier or two lower, but another big win. And the jury is still out on Hoglander, Podkolzin and Silovs (despite his slow start.)

Lekkerimaki at 15 OA looks like a solid pick after his start to this season - but until he’s in the NHL making something happen it’s all just opinion.

• Upvote 1