Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My GM just wrote me a letter.....

Yeah, she wrote me a letter said some shit I didn't read,

Anyway yay,

Gimme a ticket to the Canucks game,

Heard they're waitin' on De Hurricanes,

Lonely days are goin', I'm a-game a-goin', my baby, she bought me a Ticket to the Canucks Game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:24 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

World Juniors is going to be a ton of fun this year. 100% cheering for team Sweden.

I always enjoy the ritual of post the Christmas WJC tourney. Though, I'm pro Canada through and through. However because of our as mentioned Swedish prospects making an appearance, I'll be focusing on team Sweden for sure.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Yah know... When we drafted Lekky, I was like meh.  Looked like a poor mans Petey to me.  But I was like, okay could be worse.  He was Allvins first kick at drafting too... So I was skeptical with new management's abilities overall.  

Personally, I wanted Öhgren. 

But with time passing to watch and learn more about Lekky, I'm now very happy with the pick.  Still on the fence as to his skating and grit but gotta say...

That shot of his... Just wow. 

Most of the time, when I watch his highlights, I can't even see the puck going in the net.  I'll watch a goal two or three times... And still can't track the puck going in the net.  His shot is high end elite.  Already better than Petey or Boes in my opinion.  So if he continues developing as he has this year, he'll be on the top line in 1-2 years.

Excited to see what he can do in WJC.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Yah know... When we drafted Lekky, I was like meh.  Looked like a poor mans Petey to me.  But I was like, okay could be worse.  He was Allvins first kick at drafting too... So I was skeptical with new management's abilities overall.  

But with time passing to watch and learn more about Lekky, I'm now very happy with the pick.  Still on the fence as to his skating and grit but gotta say...

Most of the time, when I watch his highlights, I can't even see the puck going in the net.  I'll watch a goal two or three times... And still can't track the puck going in the net.  His shot is high end elite.  Already better than Petey or Boes in my opinion.  So if he continues developing as he has this year, he'll be on the top line in 1-2 years.

Really looking forward to this, he was still recovering last year and wasn't utilized that much. This should be a real showcase tournament for him!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:50 AM, 204CanucksFan said:

Wait.... there's ANOTHER talented Pettersson? Guess he got drafted by the Sens? We need to get in on that action. I'd absolutely go nuts to hear something like this:

"Pettersson - back to Pettersson. Passes to Pettersson on the right side, pass back by Pettersson to Pettersson and PETTERSSON SCORES!

Make it happen, Allvin.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Reznor said:

Wait.... there's ANOTHER talented Pettersson? Guess he got drafted by the Sens? We need to get in on that action. I'd absolutely go nuts to hear something like this:

"Pettersson - back to Pettersson. Passes to Pettersson on the right side, pass back by Pettersson to Pettersson and PETTERSSON SCORES!

Make it happen, Allvin.

Defenseman, drafted 3rd. round, 80th overall in 2022 by Vancouver Canucks

28 minutes ago, Reznor said:

Make it happen, Allvin.

ash ketchum pokemon GIF

Gotta Catch Em All!

• Haha 3

On 12/13/2023 at 5:30 AM, Hogs and Podz said:

Shot is better than Petey and Boeser?

That's a big statement I am not sure if I am there. 

For reference Petey scored 28 goals in the NHL and lots were absolute snipes at almost the same age as JL.

I am super high on JL love his game, his shot, his development this year but declaring that better than theirs is too rich for me.

And me too super excited for WJC and how he and our dmen do for Sweden!

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Shot is better than Petey and Boeser?

That's a big statement I am not sure if I am there. 

For reference Petey scored 28 goals in the NHL and lots were absolute snipes at the same age as JL.

I am super high on JL love his game, his shot, his development this year but declaring that better than theirs is too rich for me.

And me too super excited for WJC and how he and our dmen do for Sweden!

I see your point... I suppose if I was being more specific, his wrist shot has the velocity that from the eye test looks to be more powerful than both Petey and Boes... Accuracy and variety of shot options in his arsenal... Probably not at their level lol!

42 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I see your point... I suppose if I was being more specific, his wrist shot has the velocity that from the eye test looks to be more powerful than both Petey and Boes... Accuracy and variety of shot options in his arsenal... Probably not at their level lol!

I still cant agree.

Petey shot blew me away. I think JL has the shot potential though for sure to be with them or even more consistent than Petey when he peaks.

Right now Peters one timer and shot accuracy hasn't been the most consistent.

End of day Jl shot is fantastic and NHL calibre for sure so I am not trying to be a jerk or argue I just think Petey and Boeser have elite NHL shots and a proven track record so hard for me to say his shot better than theirs especially Petey.

Petey has had so many goals where I Wasn't even sure if it went in the net it was so fast with NHL cameras, or in person at games.

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I still cant agree.

Petey shot blew me away. I think JL has the shot potential though for sure to be with them or even more consistent than Petey when he peaks.

Right now Peters one timer and shot accuracy hasn't been the most consistent.

End of day Jl shot is fantastic and NHL calibre for sure so I am not trying to be a jerk or argue I just think Petey and Boeser have elite NHL shots and a proven track record so hard for me to say his shot better than theirs especially Petey.

Petey has had so many goals where I Wasn't even sure if it went in the net it was so fast with NHL cameras, or in person at games.

Hard to disagree... Track record is true... Lekky has non on the biggest stage and fewer eyeballs on him to this point.  As you mentioned, hopefully we get a better idea during WJ's. 

Something tells me it won't be long before we see up close as to his level of skill and the subsequent development there after to hopefully realize his full potential.  Regardless I think we can both agree that he's a very intriguing prospect... And probably the most skilled forward we have in the system at this point.

Cheers.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

The thing about Pettersson’s shot that is elite is not only the velocity, its the release of his shot that is so difficult for goalies to read. There was an interview with a bunch of goalies across the league last year iirc and a lot of them spoke about Petterssons shot and what makes his so difficult to stop is his release, they have a very difficult time reading it and its off the stick so quick its behind them before they know it. Lekkermaki also has a similar style of release that truly does look elite and with time that shit is only going to get better.

The interview/questionnaire was on TV I think it was sportsnet. I can’t remember who the goalies were but I think Gibson and or Hellebyuck were in it. Maybe even Oettinger… anyhoo I think Lekkermaki has that same potential.

• Cheers 3