Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

So far, from the Swedish games I've seen, Lekkerimaki looks like the most polished offensive player on the team.  He is a very good passer, strong skater, and has a wicked shot.  I've also been impressed with his grit and backchecking. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Another goal and an assist in a 3-2 OT elimination game.  Skills under pressure is what I like to see.  Hopefully he can bring this same skill set to the big club in the next year or 2.

Canucks World Juniors Recap: Lekkerimäki scores as Sweden books a spot in semis following a tightly fought victory over the Swiss

image.png.b76417b957487e3bc9d39ec73be3b4b3.png

Canucks World Juniors Recap: Lekkerimäki scores as Sweden books a spot in semis following a tightly fought victory over the Swiss© ? Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports

In a tightly contested matchup, Sweden, led by the Vancouver Canucks’ trio of prospects, secured a spot in the semi-finals after defeating Switzerland 3-2 in overtime.

The victory keeps Sweden’s quest for their first Gold Medal since 2012 alive and guarantees the host team a shot at a medal.

Canucks World Juniors Recap: Lekkerimäki scores as Sweden books a spot in semis following a tightly fought victory over the Swiss 

A few years ago I had mistakinly thought Lekkerimaki was a Finn, for obvious reasons, but it doesn't matter, he is AMAZING and clearly has some ancestral Sisu in him. 

What a Tournament for him so far and now the penultimate game is on and Finland just scored first against the Yankees!!!!

16 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Wow. His shot is savage.

I'm concerned that his shot is only so good right now because he has time and space in the larger rink. What happens to him when he moves to the smaller rink? is that shot just as lethal as it is now when he has less time and space to get it off? 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm concerned that his shot is only so good right now because he has time and space in the larger rink. What happens to him when he moves to the smaller rink? is that shot just as lethal as it is now when he has less time and space to get it off? 

I think he will have a learning period just like the sedins and naslund did.

but he’s having coaching from Samuelson and much more support than they had so I think he will adjust sooner and our managements approach to AHL development I think he’s gonna marinate and learn with no pressure on being forced into the nhl too early. Give him time to make mistakes without a magnifying glass on him, learn and get stronger in the gym.

he’s gonna have to operate with less time and space and work harder to get to the guts and on the wall battles but I think he has it I. Him and I think he has the IQ that will translate and allow him to learn quicker.

super excited for him 

I’ve taken time off today to watch the gold medal game 

30 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I think he will have a learning period just like the sedins and naslund did.

but he’s having coaching from Samuelson and much more support than they had so I think he will adjust sooner and our managements approach to AHL development I think he’s gonna marinate and learn with no pressure on being forced into the nhl too early. Give him time to make mistakes without a magnifying glass on him, learn and get stronger in the gym.

he’s gonna have to operate with less time and space and work harder to get to the guts and on the wall battles but I think he has it I. Him and I think he has the IQ that will translate and allow him to learn quicker.

super excited for him 

I’ve taken time off today to watch the gold medal game