Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

On 1/1/2024 at 9:04 AM, Geran said:

Allvin said so while being interviewed during Sweden-Finland game. I'm Swedish so i can confirm that.

He hopes Lekkerimäki can improve on all areas and be ready for Abbotsford next season.

He already forechecks way better than Kuzmenko.  Kuzy could watch tape of Lekkerimäki and learn some tips.  Lekkerimäki never cheated once. Was always responsible in his own end he made the safe play. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

Amazing turn around in one year time.  Am I wrong to think the release looks Markus Naslund-like.... 

Marcus had more of the classic wrister. Lekkerimaki IMHAO is more like Bossey. He finds seems and has a very quick release. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Marcus had more of the classic wrister. Lekkerimaki IMHAO is more like Bossey. He finds seems and has a very quick release. 

I wanted to see Lekkerimäkis shootout goal from the back of the net.

Insane release on that goal.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

image.jpeg.73d20cab0dddd55bcedb75cc60f7183d.jpeg

Well, I don’t have any experiance of Näslund from NHL.

He almost always played with foppa in Seeden and he was definately a couple of numbers smaller than Foppa. Here.

I wouldn’t believe anyone talking about Näslund finally being a man and step up in NHL. But here I am hearing a lot of good things about him.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Well, I don’t have any experiance of Näslund from NHL.

He almost always played with foppa in Seeden and he was definately a couple of numbers smaller than Foppa. Here.

I wouldn’t believe anyone talking about Näslund finally being a man and step up in NHL. But here I am hearing a lot of good things about him.

Marcus broke his leg in one game. He literally dragged himself off the ice. He was a fantastic player and one seriously tough guy too. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marcus broke his leg in one game. He literally dragged himself off the ice. He was a fantastic player and one seriously tough guy too. 

I think we got the same discussion about Näslund versus Foppa as we have here with Miller and Petey.

Miller is damn good but Petey does the ridiculus stuff that really catches ones eye.

Edited by LillStrimma

Incase anyone is wondering, these are the WJC tournament MVP's of the past few years.  Lekk in good company as the first Canuck prospect to win the MVP

Credit goes to a poster on HFBOARDS for coming up with this:

2023 Connor Bedard (Canada)

2022 Mason McTavish (Canada)

2021 Trevor Zegras (USA)

2020 Alexis Lafreniere (Canada)

2019 Ryan Poehling (USA)

2018 Casey Mittelstadt (USA)

2017 Thomas Chabot (Canada)

2016 Jesse Puljujarvi (Finland)
2015 Denis Godla (Slovakia)

2014 Filip Forsberg (Sweden)

2013 John Gibson (USA)

2012 Evgeny Kuznetsov (Russia)

2011 Bayden Schenn (Canada)

2010 Jordan Eberle (Canada)

2009 John Tavares (Canada)

2008 Steve Mason (Canada)

2007 Carey Price (Canada)

2006 Evgeni Malkin (Russia)2

2005 Patrice Bergeron (Canada)

2004 Zach Parise (USA)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Incase anyone is wondering, these are the WJC tournament MVP's of the past few years.  Lekk in good company as the first Canuck prospect to win the MVP

Credit goes to a poster on HFBOARDS for coming up with this:

2023 Connor Bedard (Canada)

2022 Mason McTavish (Canada)

2021 Trevor Zegras (USA)

2020 Alexis Lafreniere (Canada)

2019 Ryan Poehling (USA)

2018 Casey Mittelstadt (USA)

2017 Thomas Chabot (Canada)

2016 Jesse Puljujarvi (Finland)
2015 Denis Godla (Slovakia)

2014 Filip Forsberg (Sweden)

2013 John Gibson (USA)

2012 Evgeny Kuznetsov (Russia)

2011 Bayden Schenn (Canada)

2010 Jordan Eberle (Canada)

2009 John Tavares (Canada)

2008 Steve Mason (Canada)

2007 Carey Price (Canada)

2006 Evgeni Malkin (Russia)2

2005 Patrice Bergeron (Canada)

2004 Zach Parise (USA)

Well that's one hell of a list. Only Godla, not being am NHLer. Most of them stars with Poehling, Mittlestadt, Lafreniere, making their way slowly and Puljujarvi kind of stalled out. 

77% chance of a top line or top 6 player if you go by history. 96% chance of getting a decent NHL player+. Starting to look like a pretty good pick at #15.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tbh that Sweden team kind of stunk after Lekkerimaki, D-Petey, and Willander. They had a couple of other guys who were decent, but not much there after our three stars. 

I really liked Noah Ostlund and felt like he was the best player on that Sweden team. Played really well today too.

This guy was my pick at the draft. I had him at 9th on my list so i just wanna say that i knew this was gunna happen. Not exactly this. But ive always had a good feeling since the draft. I knew he would overcome mono and get back to his self.