Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

9 hours ago, Googlie said:

Pre 2004 - the year they introduced an MVP award -  a top forward, top defenseman and top goalie were recognized, rather than a single MVP.

Canuck Jim Sandlak won the top forward award in 1986, as Canada's captain.  Other Canucks to win as forwards were Sundstrom, Skriko, Kron and Bure. Canucks defensemen who have won are Slegr and Ohlund

Cheers amigo.

Thanks for info...

Looking at that list, everyone has gone on to have decent to really good careers on that list... bodes really well for the future.

Edited by spook007

Very happy with Lekkerimaki's progress this year and accomplishments.  But what I am most happy about is the overall change towards development by management.  What I mean is the attitude towards the farm as a development team, proactive attempts to bring players progressing into the Abby program, showing us what they hope to achieve through communication through the media. 

I just hope as we have more and more players ready to make the jump that we leave room on the roster for these players to compete for spots.  Personally I think we have three forwards who need to have the opportunity to make the jump next year (Pods, Bains and Karlsson) and really hope the only way they break into the roster next season is not Hogs spot, as that kid needs more opportunity not less.  

• Cheers 1

This kid is a gamer. Didn’t like what the yanks (Gauthier) did to his fans after locking down the win and wasn’t afraid to let him know about it. Might have a little Peter Forsberg in him. Can’t wait to see if he can make the adjustment to NA pro and be that guy Petey can feed one timers to all year long. 

On 1/6/2024 at 6:26 AM, kettlevalley said:

Very happy with Lekkerimaki's progress this year and accomplishments.  But what I am most happy about is the overall change towards development by management.  What I mean is the attitude towards the farm as a development team, proactive attempts to bring players progressing into the Abby program, showing us what they hope to achieve through communication through the media. 

I just hope as we have more and more players ready to make the jump that we leave room on the roster for these players to compete for spots.  Personally I think we have three forwards who need to have the opportunity to make the jump next year (Pods, Bains and Karlsson) and really hope the only way they break into the roster next season is not Hogs spot, as that kid needs more opportunity not less.  

Yep. And i love the resources pouring into development - not every organization has guys like the Sedins to work on players’ skills.