Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

17 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Watched Lek play against my team Modo tonight. My butt cheeks were clenched every time he had the puck. 

He put a lot of pressure on our defense which created turn overs. He's creative, fast, skilled and even more impressively he does all this at high speed. Really looking forward to seeing how he looks in the AHL next season and for how long he will be there. 

3 points to Modo and 1 goal for Lek, perfect evening for myself. 

When would lekkerimakis shl season end?  I wonder if we could see him in the ahl for the stretch run?

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lekkerimaki will be on the big club. He’s very responsible defensively and has elite skills. Bossey is coming.

I dunno about the "responsible defensively" part. He's improving though. I'd rather see him get some AHL time in before joining the big club.

11 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

I dunno about the "responsible defensively" part. He's improving though. I'd rather see him get some AHL time in before joining the big club.

So you don’t think he can come into playoffs and surprise as Kuz did when he arrived? 

10 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Kuzmenko was 26 and 190+ lbs with more than 300 games of KHL experience. Not really a fair comparison.

I think I have to accept that he won’t play this season.

I thought about the injury aspect but that is probably worse in AHL.

5 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

I think they might bring him over to be one of the Black Aces.  That would be a good

way to introduce him to the NHL; especially during the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Allvin said both Lekkerimäki and D-Petey will be coming to play in Abbotsford this year once their seasons are over. Both have signed their ELC’s and are under contract with the Canucks. Looks like both will arrive sometime next month as neither of their Swedish teams look like they will make the playoffs. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Allvin said both Lekkerimäki and D-Petey will be coming to play in Abbotsford this year once their seasons are over. Both have signed their ELC’s and are under contract with the Canucks. Looks like both will arrive sometime next month as neither of their Swedish teams look like they will make the playoffs. 

Lekkerimäki is still in the playoffs.

Place 7-10 plays to be team 7 and 8 in playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

That first clip is a great example of one of the things I've been hyping about Lekkerimaki all along: that multi-directional skating - to be able to turn and receive the puck all in such smooth stride. The other goal highlights another thing I've talked about a lot with him, is how smartly he uses his teammates offensively, giving and going - in a tight space he dishes it and immediately gets into open space for the return pass.

4 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

That first clip is a great example of one of the things I've been hyping about Lekkerimaki all along: that multi-directional skating - to be able to turn and receive the puck all in such smooth stride. The other goal highlights another thing I've talked about a lot with him, is how smartly he uses his teammates offensively, giving and going - in a tight space he dishes it and immediately gets into open space for the return pass.

I agree, and I think he will get better as he plays with better players.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:12 PM, LillStrimma said:

So you don’t think he can come into playoffs and surprise as Kuz did when he arrived? 

One of the reasons Kuz is not here are deficiencies in his game - namely his forechecking and defensive play. In addition, we brought in Hoglander and Podkolzin and had to send them down to polish their games. I’d love to see Lekkerimaki succeed, and that may well require taking the time to develope his game so that he has the best chance for success.

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

One of the reasons Kuz is not here are deficiencies in his game - namely his forechecking and defensive play. In addition, we brought in Hoglander and Podkolzin and had to send them down to polish their games. I’d love to see Lekkerimaki succeed, and that may well require taking the time to develope his game so that he has the best chance for success.

Yes, but he can also tip the scale in a playoff where he is a dark horse. 
No one knows what he can do and how he can play with Petey.

Lekkerimäki clearly listens to the coach and is very disciplined on the ice. That is a big plus.

10 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yes, but he can also tip the scale in a playoff where he is a dark horse. 
No one knows what he can do and how he can play with Petey.

Lekkerimäki clearly listens to the coach and is very disciplined on the ice. That is a big plus.

Can he join canucks after the TDL? When does his current season expire in Sweden. His cap hit is negligitable and with Soucy on LTIR we can afford him under cap, after the roster liimit is dumped at TDL

11 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Can he join canucks after the TDL? When does his current season expire in Sweden. His cap hit is negligitable and with Soucy on LTIR we can afford him under cap, after the roster liimit is dumped at TDL

Season ends 12 March if they miss playoff.

Just now, LillStrimma said:

Season ends 12 March if they miss playoff.

how about willinger... I hate to want them to both miss playoffs, but starting to think Abby should miss the playoffs too. We can grab everyone with Soucy on LTIR till the first playoff game