Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

10 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

how about willinger... I hate to want them to both miss playoffs, but starting to think Abby should miss the playoffs too. We can grab everyone with Soucy on LTIR till the first playoff game

Willander will probably need one season before as he plays D and it seems he likes to take small disciplined steps forward.

I don’t see Abby miss playoffs but it sure would be nice to have them available.

On 2/22/2024 at 1:36 PM, LillStrimma said:

Willander will probably need one season before as he plays D and it seems he likes to take small disciplined steps forward.

I don’t see Abby miss playoffs but it sure would be nice to have them available.

Willander will stay another year on his college team, so he is ineligible to play on a pro hockey

in between seasons.  That's fine by me. No need to rush him.

Lekkerimaki is ready to make the jump and will likely show extremely well in the AHL. 

I don't think he'll play many games in Abby before he becomes a permanent player for

the Vancouver Canucks.

Now theres a Swede line:  Petey, Lindy, Lecky!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Willander will stay another year on his college team, so he is ineligible to play on a pro hockey

Lekkerimaki is ready to make the jump and will likely show extremely well in the AHL. 

I don't think he'll play many games in Abby before he becomes a permanent player for

the Vancouver Canucks.

Has that been confirmed?

15 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Has that been confirmed?

Not entirely.

I'm taking the comment that Alvin made recently about Lekker and D-Petey coming over

but no mention of Willander.  Willy just turned 19yrs, so there's no need to rush him.

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Not entirely.

I'm taking the comment that Alvin made recently about Lekker and D-Petey coming over

but no mention of Willander.  Willy just turned 19yrs, so there's no need to rush him.

Yeah but the other side of that, when you have the opportunity to play a prospect in AHL at 19, my inclination would be to take advantage of that, if they're ready for it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Yeah but the other side of that, when you have the opportunity to play a prospect in AHL at 19, my inclination would be to take advantage of that, if they're ready for it.

At the beginning of the season JL's coach said he only expected to have him for one season. Guess we'll see.

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

the Vancouver Canucks.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after being drafted the timeline sounded like 1 year of college hockey then going pro… maybe things have changed? I have no issues with him playing either or, great coaches both places 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2024 at 11:52 PM, DixonWard said:

JL got a goal and an assist in today's game.  Great season continues.  He is the top scorer on his SHL team at 19.  

He is also the top U-20 scorer in the SHL and his 16 goals rank 7th overall in league goal scoring. To put it into greater perspective, only three SHL players have 20+ goals and no one has reached 25 yet. There are not a lot of goals in the SHL which makes Lekkerimaki's totals more impressive. I wonder if there any fancy stats folks here who could do an NHL-equivalent assessment on him. I also really wonder how 16 goals and 10 assists in the SHL would stack up in, say, the AHL?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

He is also the top U-20 scorer in the SHL and his 16 goals rank 7th overall in league goal scoring. To put it into greater perspective, only three SHL players have 20+ goals and no one has reached 25 yet. There are not a lot of goals in the SHL which makes Lekkerimaki's totals more impressive. I wonder if there any fancy stats folks here who could do an NHL-equivalent assessment on him. I also really wonder how 16 goals and 10 assists in the SHL would stack up in, say, the AHL?

SHL is the stronger and the lower scoring league. My calculations would put him at 34 points in 39 games in AHL. Of course that doesn't mean he actually would have put up those numbers in AHL this year. It almost always takes Swedish players the better part of a year to adapt to the small ice 

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

He’s actually the top U23 scorer from what I can see. His production in this “man’s” league is quite tremendous. Whether or not his latent talent ever transfers to the NHL, I’m impressed with his progress this hockey season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

He’s actually the top U23 scorer from what I can see. His production in this “man’s” league is quite tremendous. Whether or not his latent talent ever transfers to the NHL, I’m impressed with his progress this hockey season.

Wow. I checked it out and you are correct. Nobody under 23 has more points or goals than Lekkerimaki. Makes his accomplishments even more noteworthy. But like you I wonder if it will translate to the NHL. I want to see if he can find the seams against NHL defencemen. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:36 PM, Coryberg said:

Button ranked him as the #10 nhl affiliated prospect right behind Willander 😀

Screenshot_20240222_133448_Chrome.jpg

This list is kind of whatever..

The BC player rankings alone I dont really agree with and dont think Cutter is the top prospect.

Matvei below Nikishin is kinda wild.

ASP / Willander are tough to compare right now but I do like both of them and agree its close rn. I think after next year it will be more clear how they compare.

Calum Ritchie at 5 and over JL I dont agree with. Maybe I am biased though I wouldn't even have him top 10.

Does this list exclude prospects in AHL like Jiri Kulich? Cant imagine a world Calum Ritchie is currently considered better than him.

I think there are so many NHL affiliated prospects better than Ritchie too:

Dvorsky

Snuggerud

Mateychuk

Firkus

Yager

Simashev

etcetcetecetc

Hell Hunter Bruthchcaichcsawiz I would rank over Ritchie at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, R3aL said:

The BC player rankings alone I dont really agree with and dont think Cutter is the top prospect.

ASP / Willander are tough to compare right now but I do like both of them and agree its close rn. I think after next year it will be more clear how they compare.

Calum Ritchie at 5 and over JL I dont agree with. Maybe I am biased though I wouldn't even have him top 10.

Does this list exclude prospects in AHL like Jiri Kulich? Cant imagine a world Calum Ritchie is currently considered better than him.

Dvorsky

Snuggerud

Mateychuk

Firkus

Yager

Simashev

etcetcetecetc

Dvorsky did sweet f all against men in the SHL or allsven. I wouldn't hang my hat on his stats in the CHL. Geekie is performing similarly. 

Thrilled for lex though good for him proving nay sayers such as myself wrong. I'm excited to see him in the AHL next year. Hopefully he really shoves it down my throat and out performs Kemell. That would put a huge smile on my face. As it does look like he's on track to be a better pick than Bichsel who I wanted and Pickering I think was your guy @Warhippy wanted Mav? So maybe we were all wrong. MGMT addressed all of our concernes with Zad, Cole, Soucy.  So Lex was a great pick if he continues to build on this season. 

Edited by Hammertime

16 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Wow. I checked it out and you are correct. Nobody under 23 has more points or goals than Lekkerimaki. Makes his accomplishments even more noteworthy. But like you I wonder if it will translate to the NHL. I want to see if he can find the seams against NHL defencemen. 

He has played five to seven games fewer than the other on the SHL goal top list before him.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Dvorsky

Snuggerud

Mateychuk

Firkus

Yager

Simashev

etcetcetecetc

These are just Craig Buttons personal opinions...

Kulich was ranked at #14 

Here is 11-50

Screenshot_20240227_162251_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_162318_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_162334_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Coryberg

4 hours ago, R3aL said:

Dvorsky

Snuggerud

Mateychuk

Firkus

Yager

Simashev

etcetcetecetc

Yeah it's an absolute shit ranking. The first indicator to me was no Yurov. Can't imagine a world where he isn't in the top 5. To have him at 32 is embarrassing for Button.

ASP, Gabe Perreault and Nikishin are all great prospects, but over-hyped. Button is purely a media guy now, not a scout. Just wants the names that will get clicks. I don't believe for a second that he's seen half of these players play in the past year. Even the fact that he has Lekkerimaki there tells me this isn't a real ranking but a "who's the hot topic right now". How much you wanna bet he wouldn't have given Lekkerimaki a second thought last year?

Dvorsky, But, Wright, Miro?

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

22 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Yeah it's an absolute shit ranking. The first indicator to me was no Yurov. Can't imagine a world where he isn't in the top 5. To have him at 32 is embarrassing for Button.

ASP, Gabe Perreault and Nikishin are all great prospects, but over-hyped. Button is purely a media guy now, not a scout. Just wants the names that will get clicks. I don't believe for a second that he's seen half of these players play in the past year. Even the fact that he has Lekkerimaki there tells me this isn't a real ranking but a "who's the hot topic right now". How much you wanna bet he wouldn't have given Lekkerimaki a second thought last year?

Dvorsky, But, Wright, Miro?

I felt crazy looking at the list haha thank you!!