Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

JL’s team has their last game March 8. 
He’s going to be here in no time!

Maybe. But 9th place Orebro will play a best-of three series against 8th place Lulea for a qualifying spot in the quarter finals. The next three series are best of seven, so if Orebro keeps winning, it will be well into April for the final to be played. On top of that, Lekkerimaki is possibly in the mix for Team Sweden in the World Championships in May. Now if Orebro loses their best of three, he could be here (Abbotsford) around the 15th of March. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Maybe. But 9th place Orebro will play a best-of three series against 8th place Lulea for a qualifying spot in the quarter finals. The next three series are best of seven, so if Orebro keeps winning, it will be well into April for the final to be played. On top of that, Lekkerimaki is possibly in the mix for Team Sweden in the World Championships in May. Now if Orebro loses their best of three, he could be here (Abbotsford) around the 15th of March. 

It’s still 18 points to play for so they might miss the playin.

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder how many GMs have called on him? he's be part of every ask. 

I would think any GM calling here or us calling, with a big piece to offer is immediately asking about him. They can ask, I hope to god they cant have. 

20 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

The legend of JLKM is growing in the same manner as the early Petey reactions. This kid is sick in his execution.

The 3 swedes are going to join us right when we're finally ready to be a repeat contender....Can't wait. In the interim, I hope we make some nice runs in the playoffs to get the core ready....and then add in these 3 young studs on cheap contracts, along with Podz, an improved Hogz, and a few others.

I think that is the team that brings a cup to Van. Petey will be early 30's as will Quinn, Miller will be the veteran leader, Brock and Demko rounding it out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I know he's young... BUT

The way he's playing, it sure feels like Lekkerimaki is putting together a highlight reel audition to start alonside Petey in playoffs. LOL

9 goals in 8 games...as a 19 year old playing against men in (arguably) the 2nd best league in the world. 

Petey needs a pure goal scorer riding shot gun on his line IMO.

If not this season hopefully next season. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I know he's young... BUT

The way he's playing, it sure feels like Lekkerimaki is putting together a highlight reel audition to start alonside Petey in playoffs. LOL

9 goals in 8 games...as a 19 year old playing against men in (arguably) the 2nd best league in the world. 

Petey needs a pure goal scorer riding shot gun on his line IMO.

If not this season hopefully next season. 

The worst bit is that he almost singlehandedly claws enough points to his team to reach their playoff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

He is a pure goal scorer.  This kid has probably been watching Matthews and Bedard all year long.

Watching only highlights can be misleading, but he surely can shoot the puck with a natural ease that can never be taught. You either have that ability or you don't. When I see Lekkerimaki shoot, he looks like all the other top NHL scorers. I get Kucherov, Panarin and Pastrnak vibes from him. The Canucks have some pretty fair shooters in Miller, Boeser and Petey, but adding Lekkerimaki will make the forward group even better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Watching only highlights can be misleading, but he surely can shoot the puck with a natural ease that can never be taught. You either have that ability or you don't. When I see Lekkerimaki shoot, he looks like all the other top NHL scorers. I get Kucherov, Panarin and Pastrnak vibes from him. The Canucks have some pretty fair shooters in Miller, Boeser and Petey, but adding Lekkerimaki will make the forward group even better.

He’s Mike Bossey. He’s got elite goal scorer’s hockey sense. add the release and he’s a for sure 40+ nhl scorer. Plus, he’s defensively very good. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Wait what? There's no defense for this play. If you can put the puck on your stick that quick, you just put the puck past the goalies ear. Every other Michigan has come from behind the net and it took awhile to develop. Was there another goal like this one? That move is beyond slick. He's got an arsenal shots that I haven't seen before. I don't see how he isn't on the team next year.  

Ideal scenario is he gets SHL playoff/in loses but scores a bunch. Goes to Abby for their run and becomes a Black Ace once Vancouver gets to the finals

Edited by Left Wing Nut

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

He’s Mike Bossey. He’s got elite goal scorer’s hockey sense. add the release and he’s a for sure 40+ nhl scorer. Plus, he’s defensively very good. 

You and I are both old enough to remember when Mike Bossy played his first of nine consecutive seasons scoring 50 more more goals. In his tenth and final season, when his back was so wonky that he could barely skated, he slumped to only 38 goals. his 573 goals in 10 seasons works out to an AVERAGE of 57 goals a season. Incredible in any era. Best I have ever seen.