Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

On 2/28/2024 at 7:42 PM, R3aL said:

I felt crazy looking at the list haha thank you!!

Apologies to everyone but I just had to make one final comment on this. As you know, every year I track NTDP stats vs DI college teams. The most embarrassing thing for Button and folks losing their minds about Perreault right now is that his p/g are actually down from last year. Last year he was a shade under 2 with I believe it was 35 in 18 games. This year he's at 1.67 with 50 in 30.

Granted, those were technically exhibition games, but the point is this is absolutely nothing new. He was shattering records at every turn last year and he was drafted 23rd overall. There are obviously other factors at play. Maybe he'll turn out to be a superstar and if so, mad props to the folks who ranked him top ten last year, but no love from me for folks suddenly jumping on the bandwagon now.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, R3aL said:

Hes looking real slick.

Looking forward to seeing him in Abby and hope he adjusts quick to NA ice and takes his summer strength training super seriously.

One of the things I've always been so excited about Lekkerimaki was his translatability. It won't happen overnight, but I suspect it'll be a relatively smooth transition for him, compared to most prospects. Main concern will just be size and strength. A full season of AHL next year will probably be the best thing for him, but a call-up here and there would be great too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

One of the things I've always been so excited about Lekkerimaki was his translatability. It won't happen overnight, but I suspect it'll be a relatively smooth transition for him, compared to most prospects. Main concern will just be size and strength. A full season of AHL next year will probably be the best thing for him, but a call-up here and there would be great too.

Yes I remember in our talks pre draft about him vs Ostlund / ohgren. 

I will be going to a few abby games if he is there. Super excited!

If they traded him for guentzel I would be choked

1 hour ago, WillisD said:

Exactly. Humble guy. Love it

Yes, the humility is apparent. Not interested in showing up the other team or victimized goalie. A refreshing trait to see in a young man in this age of “me”istic showmanship.

• Cheers 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:30 AM, R3aL said:

If they traded him for guentzel I would be choked

I think this could be a deal breaker for Allvin. He needs to balance between prospects on ELC's getting onto the roster, and also strengthening the Canucks who are contenders for the cup. It's a difficult job, and he's done really well this year. If PA can nab Guentzel without giving up Willander and Lekkerimaki - what a coup that would be for the Canucks, and could be the boost they need as they enter the final stretch here before the playoffs begin. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think this could be a deal breaker for Allvin. He needs to balance between prospects on ELC's getting onto the roster, and also strengthening the Canucks who are contenders for the cup. It's a difficult job, and he's done really well this year. If PA can nab Guentzel without giving up Willander and Lekkerimaki - what a coup that would be for the Canucks, and could be the boost they need as they enter the final stretch here before the playoffs begin. 

I’m just super unsure about Jake as our guy. He’s on the smaller side, I know he doesn’t play small but that could be an issue going into his 30s with injuries and with JL coming up we already have a smaller / slighter forward mix. I would be worried a little about committing to him 

also we don’t know how he would mesh with petey he’s been Crosby guy for a long time 

it makes me nwevous

Edited by R3aL

55 minutes ago, Wall of Wonder said:

Lekkerimaki had 1 secondary assist today.  His team lost to the worst team in the SHL though.  They might not make it to the play-in rounds.

If Örebro loose Modo definately takes the last playin place and the Sedins open up the champagne bottles…

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

If Örebro loose Modo definately takes the last playin place and the Sedins open up the champagne bottles…

So is Lekkerimaki done is the SHL now? It’s zero chance his club gets into the playoffs? Would be nice to have him here quick. 

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So is Lekkerimaki done is the SHL now? It’s zero chance his club gets into the playoffs? Would be nice to have him here quick. 

No, it’s one game left. Örebro needs to win and Modo needs to loose for Lekkerimäki to play more in SHL.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

No, it’s one game left. Örebro needs to win and Modo needs to loose for Lekkerimäki to play more in SHL.

Come on Modo! Let’s get the next Bossey over here next week!!! IMHAO Lekkerimaki will slot in immediately on Petey’s wing. The long homestand would be perfect for him to acclimatize and get lots of practice. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Come on Modo! Let’s get the next Bossey over here next week!!! IMHAO Lekkerimaki will slot in immediately on Petey’s wing. The long homestand would be perfect for him to acclimatize and get lots of practice. 

If Modo wins you can party with the Sedins and Näslund. Foppa will probably be there to.

• Cheers 1