Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

11 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

Funny how fans put limits on great young players until they're proven wrong and I'm going to say it here Lekkerimaki will make the team and show everyone he's 💯 the real deal and already has everything they'd want him to have x 2.

The only thing that holds the best young prospects back these days if they have no elusiveness and get physically dominated so injury is a big concern and that's not Lekkerimaki and if their defensive game and awareness is lacking and that's 100% not Lekkerimaki the kid is extremely intelligent to go with his extreme skill level.

Lekkerimaki has been growing his game leaps and bounds since his MVP WJ tournament and I couldn't respect him more for that and couldn't be more excited. When you watch this kid closely you see a lot of high skill plays jump out but if you watch even closer you can see lots of other things he does at the highest level that don't pan out just because his linemates aren't anywhere close to the elite player he is.

If you're very impressed with this kid now just wait until you see what he'll accomplish with some of the best players in the world like Miller, Petey, Hughes... who think and see the game like he does and how Lekkerimaki will work hockey magic with those players like we saw with the Sedins all those years.

Lekkerimaki will be immediately in our top 6 this season playing with forwards that play the game at his level and he'll really flourish with those players and make them all much better and make the powerplay scary good and boost their % to one of the best in the league.

All of these extremely positive takes here I've made are very lofty expectations and I fully realize that but I'm 99.9% sure they're bang on accurate. I've been watching the game for many years and I'm almost always right good or bad on players and I'm positive on what I'm saying here.

Lekkerimaki will have as good of a chance as any of winning the rookie of the year and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that happen.

The scouts and organization drafted an absolute gem again and I can't wait to see this kid getting better and better wearing the Canucks colors.

Anyway just sit back and enjoy what's to come because the sky is the limit for young Lekkerimaki and this team we love and our team is back contending with the leagues best for many years to come.

The Empties agreel!

image.jpeg.702f3863ad2ee202cc7a6d218fe56df0.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Looks like one bottle for every shot attempt last night. Too bad he had no finish.

He found ways to get into soft areas, made some nice moves, got a lot of looks but his lack of finish was disappointing to see.

Like you point out Lekkerimaki gets shots from high danger areas. The guy will score a lot of goals in the nhl this season and for many more. He’s an nhl player with and without the puck. There’s a lot of Mitch Marner in his game, but he adds the goal scoring. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like you point out Lekkerimaki gets shots from high danger areas. The guy will score a lot of goals in the nhl this season and for many more. He’s an nhl player with and without the puck. There’s a lot of Mitch Marner in his game, but he adds the goal scoring. 

He was effective at creating chances vs AHL (or worse) competition. Hopefully he was just gripping too tight, and he may prove otherwise over preseason, but considering he wasn't able to capitalize on any of those chances - I'll have to disagree with your forecast for this year. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 7:05 AM, Alflives said:

Yup. Lekkerimaki will make the club (on Petey’s wing with Debrusk) out of camp. He will go on to have a great season and win the Calder. He’s our Mike Bossy. Great player who will do great things. 

He's also proven that when he's playing with creative players he too can be creative with the puck.  He's a natural goalscoring talent but he has vision and processes the game at an elite level.  You don't see that side of him when he's playing with average talent.  

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Looks like one bottle for every shot attempt last night. Too bad he had no finish.

He found ways to get into soft areas, made some nice moves, got a lot of looks but his lack of finish was disappointing to see.

Edited by Pure961089

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

He reminds me a bit of Pastrnak, as well.

Lekkerimäki's performance reminded me a little of Burke's debut. He didn't show blazing speed but he was fast enough, what was similar was his multiple chances that if he had scored on 50% of them he'd have had a hat-trick.  The elite skills and superstar talent on full display and undeniable.  Much like when Petey or Hughes stepped on the ice for the first time, you just knew they were going to be special.  I get the same feeling with Lekkerimäki, brimming with confidence.

That post he hit had me scratching my head, the shot was inside post, you'd think the momentum would have guided the puck in the net easily.  But it took a freakish bounce off the inside of the post and bounced against the grain in the opposite direction, defying the laws of science. Looking at the replay in slow motion I was sure he had scored because it didn't make sense. 

Edited by Pure961089

50 minutes ago, EliPeterson40 said:

He reminds me a bit of Pastrnak, as well.

Yeah, I think DeBrusk, Petey and Lekkerimäki are gonna get a good look in preseason games. Potentially, I think Lekkkerimäki forces Tocchet's hand and he sticks with that line.  The 3 just look like it's a perfect fit 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nope. Lekkerimaki is better than any rookie in the league. He’s another phenom on our team. F the rest of the league. F them all, and their fans and cities. 

Maybe? Hope so too.

He's gonna have to start putting up points to prove it. Looking forward to a big game from him vs WPG.

• Cheers 1

My top ten Calder candidates:

Nikolai Kovalenko (COL)

Mavrik Bourque (DAL)

Logan Stankoven (DAL)

Liam Ohgren (MIN)

Matvei Michkov (PHI)

Shane Wright (SEA)

Macklin Celbrin (SJS)

Will Smith (SJS)

Shakir Mukhamadullin (SJS)

Yaroslav Askarov (SJS)

Longer-shots:

Cutter Gauthier (ANH)

Simon Edvinsson (DET)

Mackie Samoskevich (FLA)

Marat Khusnutdinov (MIN)

Logan Mailloux (MTL)

Rutger McGroarty (PIT)

Zach Bolduc (STL)

Dalibor Dvorsky (STL)

Jonathan Lekkerimaki (VAN)

Ivan Miroshnichenko (WSH)

I'm sure someone will let me know if there's any obvious names I forgot.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

My top ten Calder candidates:

Nikolai Kovalenko (COL)

Mavrik Bourque (DAL)

Logan Stankoven (DAL)

Liam Ohgren (MIN)

Matvei Michkov (PHI)

Shane Wright (SEA)

Macklin Celbrin (SJS)

Will Smith (SJS)

Shakir Mukhamadullin (SJS)

Yaroslav Askarov (SJS)

Longer-shots:

Cutter Gauthier (ANH)

Simon Edvinsson (DET)

Mackie Samoskevich (FLA)

Marat Khusnutdinov (MIN)

Logan Mailloux (MTL)

Rutger McGroarty (PIT)

Zach Bolduc (STL)

Dalibor Dvorsky (STL)

Jonathan Lekkerimaki (VAN)

Ivan Miroshnichenko (WSH)

I'm sure someone will let me know if there's any obvious names I forgot.

Lekkerimaki will prove to be the best of all the guys you mentioned. He’s ours! F those other players. F their teams. F their fans. F their cities. 

Lekkerimaki has all the tools for great success to become a good goal scoring forward in the NHL it definitely looks like after watching the game highlights from last night.

Now he just has to work on his over all strength…as per body strength, skating strength, and his shot strength too.
He is still just a Kid really and Not Even Close To Hitting His Ceiling!

Hopefully he’s eating well, haha!

But I gotta admit I’m really licking my chops thinking of a Debrusk, Petey, and Lekkerimaki line now someday in the future!

Edited by Bretzky

5 hours ago, Pears said:

I think if Lekkerimaki does make the team, that clears the way for us to package Höglander for a top 4 RD. 

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Lekkerimaki

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Sherwood - Blueger - Sprong

That 2nd line would feed families. 

I like this lineup, but I think Blueger stays 3rd line with Josh and Gnarl. Suter and him are interchangeable really as 3rd or 4th line centres, and Suter may benefit being on the 4th line actually against lesser skilled matchup opponents…who knows then maybe those 3 click ‘cause Sherwood - Suter - Sprong  does sound good as a 4th line too!

I’ve always liked Hoglander though, be a shame if he can’t stay and keep getting better here. 

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bretzky said:

I like this lineup, but I think Blueger stays 3rd line with Josh and Gnarl. Suter and him are interchangeable really as 3rd or 4th line centres, and Suter may benefit being on the 4th line actually against lesser skilled matchup opponents…who knows then maybe those 3 click ‘cause Sherwood - Suter - Sprong  does sound good as a 4th line too!

I’ve always liked Hoglander though, be a shame if he can’t stay and keep getting better here. 

Yeah, it would be. I'm not exactly advocating for him to be traded, but he's our best and most valuable trade chip so it would make sense. 

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yeah, it would be. I'm not exactly advocating for him to be traded, but he's our best and most valuable trade chip so it would make sense. 

For the amount Hoglander makes, he's worth keeping. Great value and work ethic unsurpassed; A tad over a mill. Still young and his stature allows him skate

everywhere quickly. Be hard to replace that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

He was effective at creating chances vs AHL (or worse) competition. Hopefully he was just gripping too tight, and he may prove otherwise over preseason, but considering he wasn't able to capitalize on any of those chances - I'll have to disagree with your forecast for this year. 

Lekkerimäki was also playing with AHL players. Put him on a line with Petey and he could be a 30 goal scorer right out of the gate similar to Boeser. 

• Like 1