Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

6 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

None of those players did what Petey did when they were 19.

Kent Nilsson did. Led the league in scoring as a 19 year old. Also it was a comment made about leading their teams in scoring as a 19 (or 18) year old, which all of those players did. Petey now holds the U20 points record but he was not the first to lead the league.

Edit: I actually think it's a pretty crazy stat that of the 9 players in SHL/Elitserien history who have led their teams in scoring while U20, 5 of them are Canucks.

Edited by Diamonds
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Kent Nilsson did. Led the league in scoring as a 19 year old. Also it was a comment made about leading their teams in scoring as a 19 (or 18) year old, which all of those players did. Petey now holds the U20 points record but he was not the first to lead the league.

Edit: I actually think it's a pretty crazy stat that of the 9 players in SHL/Elitserien history who have led their teams in scoring while U20, 5 of them are Canucks.

Yeah if look at it within a team.

Kent was also an amasing player. 

11 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It's funny Pronman from the Athletic has dropped JK down to 32 in mock redraft. No reason given.

Because his D+1 season was awful except for the end.  
Sure he has pulled it together, but you have to keep his entire last season in mind when doing the redraft. 

11 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Because his D+1 season was awful except for the end.  
Sure he has pulled it together, but you have to keep his entire last season in mind when doing the redraft. 

Sure but so much of it was due to illness. And he's having a great start. Just seems like a big drop. 

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Sure but so much of it was due to illness. And he's having a great start. Just seems like a big drop. 

I agree

But they are judging it mainly on D+1 season as this one just started.  
His D+1 sucked. 
Mono, injury, most playing time was recovery time.  

The report should look pretty dumb in a year, but fair today

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Well can't not mention when Gretzky called Kent the most skilled player he ever played with. Even though we've probably all heard it 100 times lol.

Yeah, and then it was Petey who broke the 'magic man's' record in the SHL. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Starting to see that killer instinct emerge from Lekkerimaki.

Something very few of our prospects have.

I'm pretty sure that was why PA and his team had Lek at #7 on their board. 

These are also the little things and the way that he plays that HighonHockey, who I think (could be wrong) is now @Wall of Wonder, on orig CDC kept advocating for last season. Starting to really see what he means by JL's play style possibly being more NHL transferable than some of the other forwards taken in the 1st rd that year, like Kemell.

Edit: I was wrong 😆. Thanks @MatchesMalone. I've really enjoyed and appreciated the scouting reports you give.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I'm pretty sure that was why PA and his team had Lek at #7 on their board. 

These are also the little things and the way that he plays that HighonHockey, who I think (could be wrong) is now @Wall of Wonder, on orig CDC kept advocating for last season. Starting to really see what he means by JL's play style possibly being more NHL transferable than some of the other forwards taken in the 1st rd that year, like Kemell.

I was HighOnHockey. Appreciate the shoutout. Really cool to see Lekkerimaki starting to come alive this year after such a rough go last season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2