[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks, Nov 2 7:30 PDT, SAP Center ...

Rocket-68

Who had or has the greatest hair in NHL History  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simply the Best Hair in Hockey

• Are you kidding me - The Flow BB6
    • When flying down the wing, the Flower LaFleur
    • Like come on!!!!! Jaromir "Mr. Mullet" Jagr for the win!
    • Bobby Clarke with the added bonus of no teeth
    • Mike Ricci who must have been sporting a wig, like b***h please!
    • Al Iafrate who managed to combine a Reverse Friar Tuck with Party in the Back in the same 'doo
    • ... none of the above, I will show you a pic in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

Nostalgic me really wants to include the Smyl, Gradin, Williams, Rota, Tanti, Lupul, Snepts et al era but I suppose 'Great' might be a bit of a stretch. Diehard passionate and hard working for sure but perhaps not as great as those that followed

Yes, the lunch bucket brigade!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

If they are able to pull off getting another top 4 dman and a top 6 player, I will be super shocked. They would be putting themselves into "great" front office category with that.

They'd have to get rid of 2 of Myers, Beauviller or Garland to be able to bring anybody in, and none of those are going to be easy sells to another team.

I wonder if the 2024 1st (and 2025?) is on the table as well. It sounds like they're going to be aggressive in getting the Canucks into contender territory. Maybe Podkolzin and Hirose are players included in a package. I have no idea what player would be considered a "reward" for the players, though. 

37 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What was it about that anyways?  The stale crispness of it.    Think it was partially in our heads - a level up from double bubble.   The staler it got the less bendy, that's when you knew you got a good pack of cards!   It would break into shards and cut your mouth then extra good! 

It was the smell that got me. Once you open a pack the smell gets to you. By the time you sorted through the pack the flavor was gone. Just enough time to enjoy the pack. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Broduer, Lidster, Sundstrom, McCarthy, Fraser, Butcher, Lanz... Skiriko .. Great no, character in spades.   Wasn't a hard team not to like.   Actually would put them ahead of the WCE era team and rightly so.   They did go to the final, and were one of the best the final quarter of the season league wide.   17-3 was it?  And beat some great teams in their barns on the way (yes, I know some of those names weren't part of that run). 

It's a testament to the Linden era, just how highly respected those guys were, given what we got in return for some of them.    1989 ... truly believe we could have made a deep run if it wasn't for OTTO and Vernon too.   WCE might have had more flash, but it wasn't as deep. 

Too bad Sundstrom wasn’t part of the 82 run, would have added some skill as that team was mostly hard nosed and hardworking. Totally different team from WCE, which was more finesse with some toughness. Give WCE team Brodeur or McLean and they might have gone further.

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What was it about that anyways?  The stale crispness of it.    Think it was partially in our heads - a level up from double bubble.   The staler it got the less bendy, that's when you knew you got a good pack of cards!   It would break into shards and cut your mouth then extra good! 

Haha, nailed it.

I used to open pack after pack and just wolf that stuff down. We went from door to door asking for bottles and buying them a pack, or two or four at a time. Two big glass bottles of Coca-Cola and we were in business. That's when pretty much every retailer took bottles in return for deposit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if the 2024 1st (and 2025?) is on the table as well. It sounds like they're going to be aggressive in getting the Canucks into contender territory. Maybe Podkolzin and Hirose are players included in a package. I have no idea what player would be considered a "reward" for the players, though. 

Blockbuster  

Canucks

2024 1st

Lekkerimaki

Flames

Anderson

lol never see that happening but the first and Lekk would be a strong package for a good young 23/24 year old RD.

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

At this point he must be stoked it's us up next.   That said all good things don't last.   Agree, the guys like Hasek against us.   Goalies are wired differently.   Griess in international play.   A couple other Swiss goalies against team Canada.  Hope that's not what we are dealing with tonight.  

Sure would love to watch us ventilate two different goalies tonight, and extend our goals for versus against.  One of the tie breakers.   All those things need to be considered.   So far aces against Western Conference teams.   Mike Grier definitely has picked a lane.   Full blow up was coming.   Wonder how he will fare versus JB.   San Jose, Detroit and Vancouver were neck and neck as the three best regular season teams from 2000-2014.    Wilson did an admirable job pushing the re-tool all in envelope, made it to I think game six against Pittsburgh.   Now they are paying the piper properly.  No other choice really.  

Detroit in their second rebuild.   Larkin was our Bo Horvat and they choose to keep him.    

Aside from that history lesson, was sure nice to have such a great team as a measuring stick to play against for all those years.   Both our clubs made it to final and think we were 1-1 playing against them head to head. 

They got their final a lot later than us but did.   We are way ahead of them with the next core.   Probably be a long time before we can go head to head against a Thornton/Marleau and come out on top at the peaks of both our powers.    But at least maybe we can exorcise some demons with EDM?  

Back in the 90's wasn't impressed we had another CALI team to play against.   ANA was a laughing stock of a uniform ... based on a movie?   Yikes quack quack.   Silly even now.    But the Sharks quickly made a name for them selves, thanks to a couple old Russians (by today's standards for sure) ... beating out maybe the best the regular season all-time mighty Wings.   More history, but Irbe and Makarov were absolute gems back then. 

SJ might have the best jersey in hockey (well they used too according to experts), and Metallica in their corner ... We've got EP and QHs in ours ... and Miller.   Let's beat the tar out of these punks. 

That's why we could stand a couple of more players who can score but also be bitch to move from the crease, goalie can't stop what he can't see.. but realistically with the team we have now, we just have to move the puck faster and catch their G out of position and we have enough talent to do it but it takes perfect execution so we have to play our A game to do it. Our A game being the bitch slap of the oilers first game, we can play better than that I'm sure but we need to learn to push hard through 60 mins in a complete 200' game, stop with the penalties and go for it.

8 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I believe Toccs whole mantra was, I'm going to grill these guys after a win last game so the play like  it's game 7 in the SCF against SJ ! Smart strategy . 😄

Totally agree I was glad he was mad at me and my teammates after the game

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Blockbuster  

Canucks

2024 1st

Lekkerimaki

Flames

Anderson

lol never see that happening but the first and Lekk would be a strong package for a good young 23/24 year old RD.

not only is that way too much to give up for andersson, but andersson is 27. 

• Cheers 1