[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks, Nov 2 7:30 PDT, SAP Center ...

Rocket-68

Who had or has the greatest hair in NHL History  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simply the Best Hair in Hockey

• Are you kidding me - The Flow BB6
    • When flying down the wing, the Flower LaFleur
    • Like come on!!!!! Jaromir "Mr. Mullet" Jagr for the win!
    • Bobby Clarke with the added bonus of no teeth
    • Mike Ricci who must have been sporting a wig, like b***h please!
    • Al Iafrate who managed to combine a Reverse Friar Tuck with Party in the Back in the same 'doo
    • ... none of the above, I will show you a pic in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Just noticed that the Canucks play 9 of their 15 November games against divisional opponents, including 3 against San Jose. Six of those nine games are home games. By the end of the month we should have a good idea about how this team will stack up for the rest of this season. 

That is fantastic news. Get the Sharks when they're not rolling at all.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

This will not be the mark on the team but given then direction everyone is trying to overtly pull towards - being professional - they need to ace this game. And not really on hughes saying 'hey ok I'll do it myself'. 

Traditional stumbling block of the Canucks is a tanking team. 

Put them away... All good... I hope.

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Imagine being on the east coast and it's a 10:30 start and having to wake up at 6:15 the next morning

spent 2 years in Winterpeg, so I know about the later start times. IF you could find it on tv. Lots of games on, but usually only the Jets or Leafs. 

Hard to follow the Canucks during those years. But I stayed loyal to the Canuckleheads. 

Edited by grumpyone
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PAVEL_BURE10 said:

Hope Blackwood doesn’t win the game for them. He plays good against the Canucks. But if they play the way they have at home then it should be a easy win 

I think we might start Demko tonight; head-to-head w/Blackwood where we answer every great save with one of own and don't let this "should-be-a-win" game get away from us.

We've been on sort of a Demko 2 games, DeSmith 1 game rotation so far, so it would fit that too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Agreed.  I didn't read either; just skipped past the whole thing.  Appreciate the work though, thanks.

And I had to look it up, but I learned what TLDR means: The Last Defenceman Righty.

Or: The Little Dudes Remain (Gnarliest and Le Beau Visage) still here.

OK, enough BS: Lets Go!

TLDR

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

For sheer WTF and "what not to do when near an electrical outlet" I present ... (poll response)

image.thumb.png.d6f0229628fd9d612208db69f3fe7f71.png

*La Sigh* ... I wish I had my 20's hair right now but sadly genetics giveth and taketh away too soon.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

spent 2 years in Winterpeg, so I know about the later start times. IF you could find it on tv. Lots of games on, but usually only the Jets or Leafs. 

Hard to follow the Canucks during those years. But I stayed loyal to the Canuckleheads. 

I have been in ottaway whole life

Retired and still watch them at any time they play.

10 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

I have been in ottaway whole life

Retired and still watch them at any time they play.

heh, I'm speculating but I tend to think many fans in Ottawa are either Laff or Habs fans.  Not a knock against Ottawa (though actually **** Senfans as they were cheering for the Bruins to my knowledge for the most part in 2011) as we in Vancouver had to deal with "original six' fans for a long period of time (and still do).

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, not looking forward to playing against Burroughs, he always brings it; on the other hand, we should be able to score on him; he and Freidman might make a nice tilt.

Agree also that Höglander has been playing very well, super talented and gritty, feel like he's going to break through and put some points up.

There's a lot to like in your post apparently, as I also am interested, if/when we get a lead, to see if some of the 3rd and 4th line guys that are doing well get chances with the core guys, e.g. Höglander with Miller and Di Giuseppe or Lafferty with Pettersson and Mikheyev.

Tocchet seems to be working with Beauvillier, Suter, and Garland with a bit of success; I guess he knows we are stuck with them, for awhile at least.

Some people like Beauvillier, some like Garland, some like Suter, I'm not sure about any of them and I don't know of anyone that likes all three.

Now you do 😛

They are Canucks and we are winning

But

I just think they are somewhat redundant and prefer to use the cap space and use on defence and resign stars

(Garland, Beau, to go in that order)

• Cheers 1

Not worried.

Blackwood’s previous record against us is meaningless. He’s sporting a 3.5 GAA, on a winless team, behind a top 4 that includes Burroughs (respectfully) and 50 year old pickles.

Canucks are a different, more complete team, with no passengers. We’ll chase Blackwood early, and roll our bottom 6 in the 3rd to not embarrass them. At worst, some no-namer gets his first NHL goal v. Demko, spoiling his sh#$@out.

6-1 Canucks. Petey with the GWG, and Hronek with his first of the year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

Now you do 😛

They are Canucks and we are winning

But

I just think they are somewhat redundant and prefer to use the cap space and use on defence and resign stars

(Garland, Beau, to go in that order)

You like all 3?  For $11m?

Suter would be the last to go though for sure.

Garland (big bux + years) Beauvillier (big bux but over soon) Suter (good value; probably a keeper).

• Cheers 1