[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks, Nov 2 7:30 PDT, SAP Center ...

Rocket-68

Who had or has the greatest hair in NHL History  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simply the Best Hair in Hockey

• Are you kidding me - The Flow BB6
    • When flying down the wing, the Flower LaFleur
    • Like come on!!!!! Jaromir "Mr. Mullet" Jagr for the win!
    • Bobby Clarke with the added bonus of no teeth
    • Mike Ricci who must have been sporting a wig, like b***h please!
    • Al Iafrate who managed to combine a Reverse Friar Tuck with Party in the Back in the same 'doo
    • ... none of the above, I will show you a pic in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

all things said and done this should be a cake walk of a game---8-0 for us.

the realistic side of me says that their 'trap' will limit us to only 3-1 win.

Blackwood's record against us don't mean nothing... he was playing for New Jersey at the time. BIIIIIIG difference in defensive styles.

I'd play Demko tonight and DeSmith on Sat then back to Demko for the Oilers on Monday, and the Senators. Then let them split the Toronto/Montreal games next weekend. 

• ThereItIs 1

How come no one is talking about how stacked Canucks are with their current talent? They have the best D paring in the league. The best 1-2 goalie tandem, a super star Art Ross contender, a super star Noriss contender, one of the deepest forward groups in the league and a coach who preaches merciless system play.

It's almost unfair it's an embersssment of riches, of course the team was going places this year kinda silly to pretend they weren't going to be a good team.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

How come no one is talking about how stacked Canucks are with their current talent? They have the best D paring in the league. The best 1-2 goalie tandem, a super star Art Ross contender, a super star Noriss contender, one of the deepest forward groups in the league and a coach who preaches merciless system play.

It's almost unfair it's an embersssment of riches, of course the team was going places this year kinda silly to pretend they weren't going to be a good team.

My fear is we will get too top heavy, and wind up like the Leafs and Edmonton, and lack depth. Hopefully more like Tampa and multiple cup wins. 😄

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

From what I'm seeing Alvin is aware of the need to flesh out the lineup effectively. Lafferty and Friedman have fit into the lineup pretty seamlessly. Doesn't have that Benning "throwing shit against a wall and seeing what sticks" approach.

Stillman?

But in all honesty, you are right. If Benning did what he did with his free agent signings, he would still have a job.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Stillman?

But in all honesty, you are right. If Benning did what he did with his free agent signings, he would still have a job.

Stillman is a salient point. I do like that when they realized that he wasn't cutting it, they cut their losses and moved on fairly quickly from him. In the past, the player would sometimes languish unnecessarily. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My fear is we will get too top heavy, and wind up like the Leafs and Edmonton, and lack depth. Hopefully more like Tampa and multiple cup wins. 😄

Jim Benning is no longer GM so I don't have that fear.   Props to him for getting that core in place for Alvin but he had zero concept of surrounding them with decent complementary players let alone a NHL head coach.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I'll be there

Hell yeah!! Have a wonderful time!

We have a staff launch party at Rogers Arena tonight for the game so hopefully the goal horn will still be going off in van city tonight!

Edited by drdeath
  • Like 1

I have a feeling this is going to be a tough game… Sharks have professionals on this team they have pride they’re not gonna lay down and die… These are competitive people… They didn’t get to the NHL sleepwalking…. The Canucks better bring their a game…

Go Canucks Go

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah