[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks, Nov 2 7:30 PDT, SAP Center ...

Rocket-68

Who had or has the greatest hair in NHL History  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simply the Best Hair in Hockey

• Are you kidding me - The Flow BB6
    • When flying down the wing, the Flower LaFleur
    • Like come on!!!!! Jaromir "Mr. Mullet" Jagr for the win!
    • Bobby Clarke with the added bonus of no teeth
    • Mike Ricci who must have been sporting a wig, like b***h please!
    • Al Iafrate who managed to combine a Reverse Friar Tuck with Party in the Back in the same 'doo
    • ... none of the above, I will show you a pic in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

yeah, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, to fit the story he’s a journeyman.

except he’s an amazing skater, and I only notice him making good plays.

what gives? Is this just Cole carrying his pair? Doesn’t look like it.

It’s certainly a bit of a mystery.  Not getting a ton of ice - so that’s part of it - but looking great when he’s out there.  So far, so good.

Hughes — like other offensively gifted, defensively lacking blueliners — dropped a bit after we spoke to people around the league. “He’s good,” one scout said. “I don’t know how good he is. I really don’t.”

We know he carries the offensive load for a mediocre team, which he does well. Ultimately, we slotted him behind veterans like Roman Josi and Erik Karlsson who, while not without their warts, are simply better at running the show. They’re transcendent talents with the puck. Hughes isn’t at that level, and his placement reflects it.

All in all, he’s a talented player, but not yet a complete one — and his play without the puck is an issue for both analysts and scouts. “He has not gotten better or worse for me in years,” one analyst said. “He’s just been the exact same dude plugging along.”

This feels like a critical year for Hughes, who turns 24 in October, but a full season with Rick Tocchet as his coach and Carson Soucy as his partner are real reasons to expect improvement.

• Haha 1