[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks, Nov 2 7:30 PDT, SAP Center ...

Rocket-68

Who had or has the greatest hair in NHL History  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Simply the Best Hair in Hockey

• Are you kidding me - The Flow BB6
    • When flying down the wing, the Flower LaFleur
    • Like come on!!!!! Jaromir "Mr. Mullet" Jagr for the win!
    • Bobby Clarke with the added bonus of no teeth
    • Mike Ricci who must have been sporting a wig, like b***h please!
    • Al Iafrate who managed to combine a Reverse Friar Tuck with Party in the Back in the same 'doo
    • ... none of the above, I will show you a pic in the comments

This poll is closed to new votes

42 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

56 yrs old and been a fan for 40 of those so I’m well aware of the past.

Just see no reason to attach it too firmly to today.

But then I’m an eternal optimist.

I NEED a cup parade in Van in this lifetime and ain’t getting any damn younger lol

For those who prefer to live in fear or only go all in on sure things, all power to ya.

I’ll be cheering with enthusiastic confidence every chance I get and tonight’s game definitely is T making that much of a challenge 

Go Canucks GO!!!

In addition to a great coaching staff Alvin and co. been making some great additions… 

exciting times to be a Canuck fan… finally we seem to be rising from the ashes… 

we might be witnessing the rise of another great era of Canucks hockey…

the first was the linden bure Maclean era second the Naslund bertuzzi Morrison era the third was the sedins 

now we are entering into the Hughes Pettersson Demko era… 

Can they bring home Stanley’s cup to Stanley’s park… 

i think so…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

The hair of Mike Commodore deserves a mention!
image.thumb.jpeg.86977fd42e0c01667d4a28e73d5708c2.jpeg

Sure does.   I thought about him right away too.   Mike Ricci just might be the fugliest moffo on the block all-time, but Ronald McDonald ... probably needed a special helmet for that hairdo!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

The hair of Mike Commodore deserves a mention!
image.thumb.jpeg.86977fd42e0c01667d4a28e73d5708c2.jpeg

Also Chris Simon... will see if I can find a photo and post ... from his cool hairdo days (honouring his roots too). 

Start with this:  

IMG_3310.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

They have like 4 NHLrs in their lineup. And one of them is Kyle Burroughs. 

He's apparently playing 20 minutes a night. I love Burroughs, but that's likely more an indication of their lack of depth more than Burroughs' excellence.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

And this guy's hair ... when he had it ... 

Rick-Tocchet-7.jpg

How about this beaut, all trimmed up!  From 1977 game mag ... we called that "lego hair" ... as an aside good stache too.   Biestra likely approved.   Hard to grow a duster like that.   We're all men hairy freaks back then?  Seemed like it growing up! 

IMG_3312.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Apparently we're also looking for a top 6 scorer on top of the RHD. 

Canucks are switching gears after the promising start. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Insider-drops-massive-update-on-Allvin-trade-intentions-The-Canucks-minding-has-switched-294384

''Sat said he heard over the weekend if Canucks could have their way they would love to add another high end scorer and top 4 Dman...They're very aggressive as a front office to try and improve the team...They believe they're missing a couple big pieces

46 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

...the first was the linden bure Maclean era second the Naslund bertuzzi Morrison era the third was the sedins

Nostalgic me really wants to include the Smyl, Gradin, Williams, Rota, Tanti, Lupul, Snepts et al era but I suppose 'Great' might be a bit of a stretch. Diehard passionate and hard working for sure but perhaps not as great as those that followed

• Vintage 2

Just now, Steamer4GM said:

Nostalgic me really wants to include the Smyl, Gradin, Williams, Rota, Tanti, Lupul, Snepts et al era but I suppose 'Great' might be a bit of a stretch. Diehard passionate and hard working for sure but perhaps not as great as those that followed

Got to the dance.  (If Harold hadn't passed to Bossy...)

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Broduer, Lidster, Sundstrom, McCarthy, Fraser, Butcher, Lanz... Skiriko .. Great no, character in spades.   Wasn't a hard team not to like.   Actually would put them ahead of the WCE era team and rightly so.   They did go to the final, and were one of the best the final quarter of the season league wide.   17-3 was it?  And beat some great teams in their barns on the way (yes, I know some of those names weren't part of that run). 

It's a testament to the Linden era, just how highly respected those guys were, given what we got in return for some of them.    1989 ... truly believe we could have made a deep run if it wasn't for OTTO and Vernon too.   WCE might have had more flash, but it wasn't as deep. 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Apparently we're also looking for a top 6 scorer on top of the RHD. 

Canucks are switching gears after the promising start. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/LATEST-Insider-drops-massive-update-on-Allvin-trade-intentions-The-Canucks-minding-has-switched-294384

''Sat said he heard over the weekend if Canucks could have their way they would love to add another high end scorer and top 4 Dman...They're very aggressive as a front office to try and improve the team...They believe they're missing a couple big pieces

This year’s 1st round pick definitely getting trades. But I’ll take that if they get a solid player back. 

• Cheers 1