[PROPOSAL] Okay, this is the one, Ottawa is a mess

Ottawa is a fucking mess.  So, this is a trade we can make now.  You will like this trade.  Why?  Well of course, it's because #WeAreGoldStar...   😊

To Vancouver:

Artem Zub

To Ottawa:

Pius Suter

Tyler Myers ($3,000,000 retained)

Nils Hoglander

Oh yeah, we get our 2nd pairing RHD to play with Cole.  We call up Arshdeep Bains and Nils Aman to fill the holes left by Hoglander and Suter.  Ottawa gets their 3C which they don't have in Suter.  We have Blueger to fill that gap.  Ottawa also gets Hoglander, who can fit in nicely with their top forwards.  And then Ottawa gets Myers to replace Zub.  We retain $3 million to make the cap work.  Ottawa can then trade Myers at the deadline at another 50% retention, so at $1.5 million they could probably get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Myers.

Ottawa is a mess, they need to make some moves.

Kuzmenko      Pettersson   Mikheyev

Di Giuseppe   Miller            Boeser

Bains              Blueger        Garland

Joshua           Aman           Lafferty

Beauvillier

Hughes     Hronek

Cole          Zub

Soucy       Friedman

Demko    DeSmith

Next summer we sign Nikita Zadorov, so we have Zadorov   Zub as our second pairing.  Double Z's...

What do you think?  Let's gooooo.    😇

#WeAreGoldStar

I wonder what they think of him in their plans going forward, he's essentially playing bottom pairing minutes right now but has always been on my radar. Either he or Zadorov would be a really good 4th defenceman in our squad.

If they want their 1st back, how about Myers (retained) + 1st for Zub straight up?

• Cheers 1

I think the first move for the Sens is to hire a competent coach.  Smith has been with this group for a while and hasn't move the needle.

Not saying the Sens will win multiples cup, but this situation reminds me a lot of the 2009 Blackhawks.  They brought Stan Bowman even though Tallon had assemble that core and canned Savard 10 games into the season and brought in Quenneville and then started winning.  Dorion was the first domino, now, I think the coach needs to go too.  Then they can start thinking of making moves.

Two ways to address this.  But for now, I should do what I always do - copy/paste and then say something stupid.

image.png.3bda771e729a0632b12d1ae98d8d0703.png

This is @Elias Pettersson's wet dream - a pure shutdown defenceman.  The one exception is when he goes insane and turns into a Leaf killer:

image.thumb.png.da151d4135508e9d2f6615c442c233ba.png

That is one pristine photo.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder what they think of him in their plans going forward, he's essentially playing bottom pairing minutes right now but has always been on my radar. Either he or Zadorov would be a really good 4th defenceman in our squad.

If they want their 1st back, how about Myers (retained) + 1st for Zub straight up?

So here is my second response to everyone here.  Artem Zub is not for sale.  He is not playing on the bottom pairing.  He is playing first-pairing minutes with his primary partner, JAKE SANDERSON.  Together they play very solid defence and are the only reason why Korpisalo has a .903 SV% and not .803%.  He is indispensable on a team whose blueline talent is overly stacked on the left side.  The only reason you think he's not getting a lot of minutes is because he doesn't do power play and he's also injured right now.

I'll say it again, folks: Artem Zub isn't going anywhere.  He is Ottawa's best right-handed defenceman on a very affordable contract.  He is the least of their problems right now and Staios would be crazy to make any big trades until the dust settles.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

So here is my second response to everyone here.  Artem Zub is not for sale.  He is not playing on the bottom pairing.  He is playing first-pairing minutes with his primary partner, JAKE SANDERSON.  Together they play very solid defence and are the only reason why Korpisalo has a .903 SV% and not .803%.  He is indispensable on a team whose blueline talent is overly stacked on the left side.  The only reason you think he's not getting a lot of minutes is because he doesn't do power play and he's also injured right now.

I'll say it again, folks: Artem Zub isn't going anywhere.  He is Ottawa's best right-handed defenceman on a very affordable contract.  He is the least of their problems right now and Staios would be crazy to make any big trades until the dust settles.

I agree.  Zub is a stud.  That's why I want him.  I was just thinking that if Ottawa is currently without a GM we could maybe go in and Allvin could work on Staios and take him to the cleaners...

9 hours ago, timberz21 said:

I think the first move for the Sens is to hire a competent coach.  Smith has been with this group for a while and hasn't move the needle.

Not saying the Sens will win multiples cup, but this situation reminds me a lot of the 2009 Blackhawks.  They brought Stan Bowman even though Tallon had assemble that core and canned Savard 10 games into the season and brought in Quenneville and then started winning.  Dorion was the first domino, now, I think the coach needs to go too.  Then they can start thinking of making moves.

I agree. They should consider Guy Boucher. It baffles me he hasn’t gotten another coaching gig yet. 

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

Artem Zub

To Ottawa:

Pius Suter

Tyler Myers ($3,000,000 retained)

Nils Hoglander

I don't know Ottawa's lineup well enough, but if they need forwards + a little offense then I actually think this deal may be fair. Canucks are giving up a really solid prospect along with Suter (who despite the slow production I think is a solid 3C) and then yeah Meyers to make cap work, but being able to sell him at the deadline at 1.5 million is a plus for sure. 

Vancouver is really giving up a good chunk here. Losing Hogs would be bad (Bains could replace Hog though and that might work unknown until tested), but then we also lose our 3C (who is fairly cheap right now) and while we can try to make it work there is no one able to replace him currently at equal skill. Our D would improve though, could either play him with Hughes and move Hronek down or play him on the 2nd pair with Cole. 

Honestly not sure if I'd say yes or no. Good proposal. 

• Cheers 1