[proposal] - Conor Garland for Mason Marchment

Similar term (25/26 expiration) and money (Garland having a higher cap hit by a few hundred thousand).   

While Garland is the more versatile and offensively gifted player, Marchment is far tougher and would be considered a modern day enforcer (i.e. a good fighter but can still play the game reasonably well).   

To be perfectly honest, I see no reason why Dallas would make this move, but what can I say, I'm a biased fuck and have nothing better to do right now than make shitty trade ideas on a message board.

Anyways, your thoughts?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's a big player, but he's probably more overpriced than Garly from a production pov. 

Oh he is definitely.  But in terms of adding a much needed element to our line-up, he'd definitely fit the bill (and perhaps for that reason and that reason alone, he'd be worth his cap hit here).

If the Canucks are destined to make the playoffs this year, no one is going to take liberties with Pettersson and Hughes with Marchment there.   

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Oh he is definitely.  But in terms of adding a much needed element to our line-up, he'd definitely fit the bill (and perhaps for that reason and that reason alone, he'd be worth his cap hit here).

If the Canucks are destined to make the playoffs this year, no one is going to take liberties with Pettersson and Hughes with Marchment there.   

thats true. I think we'd have to add something to the deal tho, given the Italian vendetta history between these teams. 

• Cheers 2

I'd dangle Beauvillier.  Dallas would probably consider it because of the short commitment (last season of his deal).  Frees Dallas of $4.5M in the next couple years to get upgrades.

Move Garland in a separate deal for Peeke from CLB.

Kuzmenko-Petey-Mikheyev

PDG-Miller-Boeser

Marchment-Suter-Joshua (what a nasty line to play against)

Hoglander-Lafferty-Podkolzin (until Blueger returns)

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We'd have to add a pick to get him but I agree, he'd fit here well.  I liked how Florida used him.  

Agreed.  

As I admitted in my initial post, I'll also re-iterate that I can't see Dallas being too enthusiastic about making this deal.    

Just like he would for us, Marchment fills a significant need for Dallas in terms of toughness and holding opposing teams accountable for taking liberties with their "Star" players (pun?).  Unless of course, Dallas has other players that can 'answer the bell' that I'm not thinking of right now.   

Garland has more offensive abilities and might be better suited to playing with Duchene and Seguin on that 3rd line instead of Marchment but who knows.   

Maybe we need to hire that Volcano Insurance guy from Family Guy to convince Dallas to make this trade.  😛

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiOx7h3eOZY

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I think Van says yes and Dallas says no. 

Garland doesn't produce that much more and Marchment is a big fast boy that all teams like having (even if he is a little overpriced). 

Maybe if Van tosses in a pick or prospect it could happen then. 

Edited by Bobby James

I love it; but my impression is Marchment has a lot more value than Garland.

**  He was near a point a game for Florida 2 years ago. 

**  He add's size, mixes it up as much as Garland with more grunt.

**  By memory a Righty, who was capable of playing the glue guy on a top line.

Maybe they'll take Garland & Myers?    🫠

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I love it; but my impression is Marchment has a lot more value than Garland.

**  He was near a point a game for Florida 2 years ago. 

**  He add's size, mixes it up as much as Garland with more grunt.

**  By memory a Righty, who was capable of playing the glue guy on a top line.

Maybe they'll take Garland & Myers?    🫠

another player would have to be involved or another team...

to make it work cap wise it would be something like myers 50% retained Beauvillier 500k retained... for marchment and hakinpaa...           or.

garland 1.5m retained for 3years myers 50% retained for marchment and hakinpaa... or

we do a 3way trade... trading myers 50% retained to some other team who then trades them to dallas at another 50% retained for like a 3rd or a 4th...

then we could trade garland (4.95m) myers(1.5m) straight up for marchment(4.5m) and Hakinpaa(1.5m)

in this scenario we save 2 million in cap space this year with no further retention... swap beau for garland and both teams save cap space. or...

we do a 4 way trade trade myers to team x for a first, they retain50% and trade myers to team Y with a 3rd/4th who trade them to dallas at 50% retained for a 3rd/4th... LOL there is a reson way trades dont happen very often... too many people fighting over who gets the better deal...

lets face it... hakinpaa is not being traded 110% marchment is likely not being traded either.. but its possible we could trade myers and beau straight across to teams with space and get a ten million in space. Mantha and Wilson are both UFA this year, Lindholm and Hanifin too.. TJ Brodie... maybe... we definetley could go all in and really pick up some studs with ten million in space, but it will cost us everything... sounds stoopid shortsighted and moronic, lets do it!

Edited by Dankmemes187

Right now, I think that Montreal is really our perfect trading partner. They are looking pretty good this year, word is they want to add another top 6 guy and because of LTIR, they actually have the room to do it. their 10.5 million LTIR space with Price runs out about the same time as Garland's contract....what a coincidence! 🙂

Hey...I know, how about Garland straight up for that Pearson kid, I hear he's pretty good!!! 😉

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Right now, I think that Montreal is really our perfect trading partner. They are looking pretty good this year, word is they want to add another top 6 guy and because of LTIR, they actually have the room to do it. their 10.5 million LTIR space with Price runs out about the same time as Garland's contract....what a coincidence! 🙂

Hey...I know, how about Garland straight up for that Pearson kid, I hear he's pretty good!!! 😉

I'd do that deal.  But Montreal wouldn't...

• Haha 1