[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

Has Quinn Hughes been the best player in the NHL up to this point?  Obviously there have been other players that have played great too, but credit to Hughes for making this something to debate.

Now, how long can he possibly keep this quality of play up for?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, tas said:

"we all" was just referring to the countless canucks fans that saw it from the start. 

50/50.   We were excited we got a good player, but it wasn't as clear cut as you're making it out either.     Dobson was for sure a big target, so was Bouchard (RHD's).   EDM didn't even have a Bouchard jersey because they didn't think he'd be available.  Plus there was also a contingent that wanted Boqvist.   That's how I remember the CDC back then anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I went to bed after the second.

Should their goal have counted? I have heard somehting about goalie interference?

No it shouldn't.  But you never leave the (poker) game with all of everybody's money.  Either buy a big round of drinks or a dinner or something, but don't squeeze every last cent out of everybody.  "You don't count your money," etc.

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

I'm in total agreement with everything you're saying, and your evaluation of QH, but there is not way the eastern media bias would ever allow him to win multiple awards in one season.  Same goes for Petey.

It's sad but true.

Not all voted awards, but Hank won both the Art Ross and the Hart in the same year and Danny won the Art Ross and Ted Lindsay in the same year.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

I doubt this is the case. I strongly suspect the entire d (Quinn notwithstanding) has been given the same guidelines on when to pinch and when not to, and mysie, being bought in, is just doing his best to honour those guidelines. sometimes it's a close play and your mind isn't made up right away. 

Sounds like you're agreeing with what I said. 

33 minutes ago, IBatch said:

That crazy emotion, a thumbs up and "that's a home run!"  has no place in something as serious as a draft.   "That's a small body " hope Burke has the balls to admit he was wrong too. 

Burke wasn’t wrong. It is a small body. But a damn skilled one. He never bashed Quinn’s skills. Just stated he was small. Lol 😂 

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Has Quinn Hughes been the best player in the NHL up to this point?  Obviously there have been other players that have played great too, but credit to Hughes for making this something to debate.

After his 5-point effort last night, there's a strong case for it I think, but it is somewhat cherry picking a good stopping point. I do my 1/4 season awards after 20 games and I'm very eager to see where he ranks on my Norris rating at that point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Burke wasn’t wrong. It is a small body. But a damn skilled one. He never bashed Quinn’s skills. Just stated he was small. Lol 😂 

I'd call him below average. But his hockey smarts and anticipation makes up for not being a massive player.

Besides the size of his heart seems and skill set seems to more than offset that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny: SJ standing around like it was going to get called back and Tik Toc just let them stand around 'til they figured it out.

Just so many fun things in that game last night.

Plus why embarrass them even further. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Burke was biting his tongue as hard as he could.   Followed his drafts going back to the Quin days when he was his right hand man.   Burke also told Quin or advised him not to draft Bure because he felt his skillset wouldn't translate into the league, after doing the legwork to find out if he'd played enough games.     Stajonov.  Antoski.  Ohlund he got some of them right.  Nedved was 6'3" too.  Aucion.  Sopel.   Only little guys they drafted were like Peca and Walker lol.     Burke did it when he was also running the show.   Size size, even said more than once, speed and skating can always be improved. 

Edited by IBatch

13 minutes ago, HuggyCareBear said:

All the stars of the team are getting their credit, rightfully so.

But Sam Lafferty has been pretty damn great for us. 

He's got energy, speed, grit, and not afraid to drive to the net. Also got a little bit of scoring sense. 

What a trade.

High price to pay though, 5th round draft pick and all 🙄

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's a toss up between Quinn and his brother Jack IMO. and for 72 more games me hopes

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Worst team in the league since California Seals.  I was also trying to figure out the worst team and maybe 80's NJ. 

The 1992-93 Sharks went 11-71-2. Pretty bad record. Not sure this team is worse than that, but hard to argue with 0-9-1 so far.

1974-75 Caps are still the worst at 8-67-5.

30 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

No it shouldn't.  But you never leave the (poker) game with all of everybody's money.  Either buy a big round of drinks or a dinner or something, but don't squeeze every last cent out of everybody.  "You don't count your money," etc.

BS

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Any one know what attendance was last night?and who has had the worst so far?that looked rough.

Was quoted at about 10,000, but that includes season ticket holders and other ticket holders who didn't actually attend. 10k is the number of tickets sold, not fans in attendance.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1