[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Tocchet coached OEL in Arizona too. He knows what he has in him. If he deemed OEL was worth buying out, I'll take his word. Can't argue with his success so far. Second guessing what seems to be near perfect coaching and management moves seems like we are looking for something to complain about when things are going well. 

that's called the "canucks army".

• Haha 2

Big fan of what this management group and what they have done.

Hronek trade and Hiring Tocchet are the biggest moves, but Ian Cole may be the best under the radar one.  He has been a very solid defensive physical shut down RD on a risk free deal.  He has been outstanding on the PK.  4 goals in 30 mins, with 2 of those 5-3 against the rangers.  He has been outstanding.

• Like 1

So, as nice as it is to see a team other than the Canucks on the receiving end of this for a change, blowouts like that get boring. There's no real tension or excitement. Makes me look at tomorrow night's game, I hope we win, but I also hope it's like leading by a goal with 2 minutes left and we score into an empty net with 5 seconds to go.

A family friend is the back goalie to the backup goalies tomorrow night, gets to watch the game for free!

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So opinion time.

What did everyone think of Stud in for Joshua.

I think Studnika had a more impact? But Joshua has had some good work on the offensive zone too.

About the same?

We just don't like history repeating on bad starts.

That's what makes this season so refreshing. The work ethic for everyone is so much better.

I agree with your studnika observation.

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So opinion time.

What did everyone think of Stud in for Joshua.

I think Studnika had a more impact? But Joshua has had some good work on the offensive zone too.

About the same?

Seemed basically the same to me. They feel interchangable. Joshua is a bit more physical, but Studs has a little more skill to his game.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I agree with your studnika observation.

Studnika hasn’t had the chance yet to create some bad penalties?I like the option of both as it creates a situation of competition for consistency from both guys.

Canucks: 

• 2x scoring leaders in top 5 (one a defenseman) and 3 in the top 10
  • Leading defensive scorer and 2x defensemen in top 10
  • top 5 goalie for wins/save %
  • 3 players top 10 for 
  • top 3 player for goals scored
  • 3 players in top 3 for +/- and 6 in the top 10
  • league leaders for GF/G
  • Top 2 for PP %
  • League top 5 for GAA and Save % for goaltending duo
  • Amazingly, only 3 players in the top 10 for PP points suggesting most production generated off of 5v5 play

It's a super small 1 month sample size over 10 games with a .750 win % and the best goal differential in the league so far but the quality of competition hasn't exactly been the toughest in Oct with Tampa and NYR giving us the hardest overall games after Seattle.  A loss to Philly to round it out.  Nov is our litmus test IMO as it involves a lot of travel to the east and a spot stop at home here and there.  We tend to do questionably on these road trips and our next game against Dallas with Vegas to end the month.

If we can put it on against Ottawa and Montreal and just rack up the pints against San Jose and Anaheim during our stops against them and come out with even a .500 against our division in Nov we're favourites to make it to the playoffs because that level of lead against our division with the way Edmonton and Calgary have absolutely choked thus far giving us that cushion that can be almost insurmountable.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, as nice as it is to see a team other than the Canucks on the receiving end of this for a change, blowouts like that get boring. There's no real tension or excitement. Makes me look at tomorrow night's game, I hope we win, but I also hope it's like leading by a goal with 2 minutes left and we score into an empty net with 5 seconds to go.

A family friend is the back goalie to the backup goalies tomorrow night, gets to watch the game for free!

Go Canucks Go!

Exactly how I feel. Looking forward to a tough tight game tomorrow win or lose I just want to see a good hockey game. 

10 games in

7-2-1

Wins against

Edmonton          Oilers are  2-6-1

Edmonton

Lost

Philly

Tampa

Win

Florida                  Panthers are 5-3-1

Nashville              Preds are 4-6-0    

St Louis               Blues are  3-4-1

Loss

Rangers

Win

Nashville                

Sharks                   0-9-1

nice start for the Canucks-but they been beating up teams that suck badly.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

10 games in

7-2-1

Wins against

Edmonton          Oilers are  2-6-1

Edmonton

Lost

Philly

Tampa

Win

Florida                  Panthers are 5-3-1

Nashville              Preds are 4-6-0    

St Louis               Blues are  3-4-1

Loss

Rangers

Win

Nashville                

Sharks                   0-9-1

nice start for the Canucks-but they been beating up teams that suck badly.

True, but to be fair, the Oilers and Preds have lost twice to us and would have better records if you took our games out.

The Tampa game was pretty close and the Rangers one was an OT loss at the end of a long road trip through the east coast, which is the most impressive to me.

That said, I am looking forward to how we deal with teams like Dallas, Vegas, and Colorado.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

True, but to be fair, the Oilers and Preds have lost twice to us and would have better records if you took our games out.

The Tampa game was pretty close and the Rangers one was an OT loss at the end of a long road trip through the east coast, which is the most impressive to me.

That said, I am looking forward to how we deal with teams like Dallas, Vegas, and Colorado.

It is progress, last year we were the team that sucked badly.

Little bites, for the eventual win.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Exactly how I feel. Looking forward to a tough tight game tomorrow win or lose I just want to see a good hockey game. 

I really don't care if they lose one, as long as they show up. It's games like happened in Philadelphia that make me nuts.

Here's hoping both Dallas goalies have to leave the game with nothing serious that would keep them out for more than that game and our family friend gets to may his NHL debut 🙂

• ThereItIs 1

Our tickets said row 4 but there was actually only 1 row between us the Canucks bench.  This was just after the anthems were finished and before puck drop.

They were actually a little too low, seeing through the Canucks bench was easy but the in the first and third period the Sharks coaches, trainers and sticks blocked the Sharks goal.  I had to watch the replays of the first 4 goals to see who / how they were scored.  After the 1st intermission we moved back to a couple aisle seats in row 6.  

IMG_3093.thumb.jpg.d7ffda1537f26cdc6364c56ff7347b2a.jpg

• Like 2

So what is going on with Duclair? He was one of the best steals when he was a Panther. But 1 goal in 10 games? Yikes

I would often argue that Duclair is the kind of deal/player the Canucks could use. Especially when comparing with Benning's signings

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So what is going on with Duclair? He was one of the best steals when he was a Panther. But 1 goal in 10 games? Yikes

I would often argue that Duclair is the kind of deal/player the Canucks could use. Especially when comparing with Benning's signings

I think it must be hard when they know there's nothing to play for, other than to maybe get traded. 

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

In the Nashville game, Myers held back on three pinches early (he could've gotten to the puck first in all three, imo), so I'm guessing he's been told to stop thinking he's Bobby Orr or Quinn Hughes and just play steady defensive hockey. 

Yeah, it looked like he could get to the puck but with three guys around him a turnover was more than likely, given...  Meyers. Maybe that's why he backed off--better than a 3 on 0. 

• Upvote 1