[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

57 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There's a real world where Quinn and Jack become the most skilled two brothers to play in the NHL. In terms of family relations, it's hard to beat Bobby and Brett Hull, but that's a father-son relation. Other combinations that come to mind are the Bentleys, the Richards, the Mahovliches, the Hulls (Dennis and Bobby), the Espositos, and obvioulsy the Sedins.

Max and Doug Bentley both led the league in scoring at different times in the late 40s.

Maurice Richard is one the greatest goalscorers ever and Henri was a great player, but not quite on Maurice's level.

Both Mahovliches were amazing, but Frank was defnintely closer to the best in the league than Pete was. A bit similar to the Richards in that way.

The Hulls were also similar. Bobby was the league's best for a while and Dennis was very good, but never quite that good.

The Sedins were both near the top of the league in their primes, so they're closer to the Bentleys and as a duo, probably above the Richards, Hulls, and Mahovliches.

The Espositos were unique as a goalie/forward tandem. In his prime, Tony was the best in the NHL and Phil was pretty much there right behind Orr as well.

The Conachers might be an honourable mention since it gets hard to evaluate players from the 20s and 30s compared to the modern era.

Top three right now in some order are probably Sedins, Espositos, and Bentleys. If Jack can win the Hart at some point and Quinn the Norris, they might be right up there with them.

Hmm...might have to write an article on this...

And think of when the Hughes Bos are playing… We didn’t have internet when Gretzky played as one indicator.

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No, highly unlikely Quinn Hughes leaves Vancouver to join New Jersey or his brothers. It is a nice story sure but end of the day Quinn is developing into one of the premier defensemen in the NHL with his own franchise to be Captain of here in Vancouver. He is the go to guy here and I foresee a long career in Vancouver over the majority of his career at the least.

Its all conjecture from all of us really, but I would not just assume there is a flat out allure to join New Jersey because the brothers could play together. Don't under sell what it means to be captain of and relied upon as a leader  and major producer in Vancouver, a beautiful fantastic city in a hockey mad Canadian market.

I'm not sure I'd say "highly unlikely"

13 minutes ago, Amplifier said:

Canucks scored same total of goals in one game against the Sharks that the sharks have scored in total this entire season so far. 

That's why others who say Grier is safe. I'm not so sure. I'm not saying they should win enough to screw up a draft pick.

But already no one is going to the games. (That was not 10,000 fans last night) What's it going to be like at game 50, and they've only scored 50 goals as a team?

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Look at this stupid post by The Score. Disregarding completely how well our team is playing defensively and offensively. Petey, Hughes, JT are not factors are not factors right?  It’s all Demko. 😐

Man those guys are such idiots. 

IMG_5549.png

Taylor Swift What GIF

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Look at this stupid post by The Score. Disregarding completely how well our team is playing defensively and offensively. Petey, Hughes, JT are not factors are not factors right?  It’s all Demko. 😐

IMG_5549.png

theScore is headquartered in Toronto...

have to be idiots.. 

first goal for pius!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

IMG_5549.png

Dude has a .940 SV% and a 1.79 GAA over a 7-game spread.  He is quietly getting work done between the pipes.

He can be right and wrong at the same time.

16 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Now fans here might understand why it was so important to get Tocchet in the driving seat asap.

We have a four year window we know what core we have.

So we have to do as much winning we can during those four years.

That window may be extended, if Willander and Lekkerimaki becomes players as well... the future is bright.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Look at this stupid post by The Score. Disregarding completely how well our team is playing defensively and offensively. Petey, Hughes, JT are not factors right?  It’s all Demko. 😐

IMG_5549.png

The lengths people go to in order to be negative toward the Canucks is astounding. It's funny to see people trying to say the same negative things when we're winning.

Bending reality in front of our eyes and they have the balls (or stupidity) to put it to print. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Look at this stupid post by The Score. Disregarding completely how well our team is playing defensively and offensively. Petey, Hughes, JT are not factors right?  It’s all Demko. 😐

IMG_5549.png

So winning 10-1 was because Demko stood on his head? 
Our club is headed for 105 points (same point total Quinn Hughes will put up this year) and the Stanley Cup. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

36 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

IMG_5549.png

Yeah those guys can take off eh

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

That window may be extended, if Willander and Lekkerimaki becomes players as well... the future is bright.

Yes, I’m only speaking of the known window. Not what can be. 
I assume Petey sign here so that won’t be a problem. That is my only weakness because if he choose another route my argument is toast. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

39 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

IMG_5549.png

You can tell no one out East has watched a single one of our games this year.  Our underlying numbers are bad only because of a 3 game stretch where we got caved in EDM, PHI, TBL.  Demko has been absolutely stellar, but so has pretty much all of our best players this year.  Besides that we have dominated competition with the exception of NSH last game.  You can tell who has or has not watched the Canucks this year on whether their first comment is about Quinn Hughes.  That is the story for us, that probably is not as much under the radar after last night, but is generally the player ignored out east despite being by far our best player

• ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yes, I’m only speaking of the known window. Not what can be. 
I assume Petey sign here so that won’t be a problem. That is my only weakness because if he choose another route my argument is toast. 

Fact here is nobody knows, what tomorrow brings, but despite being a family man and having both brothers playing in New Jersey, he may actually like staying here in Vancouver amongst a bunch of talented players... especially if they are winning...

I think Hughes is a loyal player, who appreciates the huge honour of being chosen to be the Captain of a (our) hockey team.

Best way to hold on to your best players are winning, only few likes to leave a winning team.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Dude has a .940 SV% and a 1.79 GAA over a 7-game spread.  He is quietly getting work done between the pipes.

He can be right and wrong at the same time.

What is he right about? Demko has been great, but he’s far from the ‘primary’ reason we’ve won games. 

Looks like someone looked at some fancy stats with no context and made a big fat assumption to try and explain away the Canucks success this far. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

What is he right about? Demko has been great, but he’s far from the ‘primary’ reason we’ve won games. 

Looks like someone looked at some fancy stats with no context and made a big fat assumption to try and explain away the Canucks success this far. 

Maybe you're right.  Demko is not leading in stats (I would give that title to Ullmark)  while our skaters are.