[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

My god.....the difference in skill and capacity was so evident...as soon as our 2 first lines were on u could spot the difference in speed  and flow a mile away. the game kinda changed during end 2nd and third since the bottom lines got more and more icetime, so u dont get the same kind of assignments where u seek pressure with energy from the bottom 6 lines in between the scoring lines shifts. 

Still i must say that i cant say ive ever seen Canucks so completely dominant in a game before....nice for suter to get that first goal also...hes not supposed to be a scoring threat but if he gets some icetime and some confidence with it then its all good. 

ill be damned if Huggybear doesnt win the Norris...

EP and miller 3 points each...Kuz with anotehr goal....

things are looking ridiculously good right now....however we got 2 really tough games coming up....Dallas - considered a contender....and of course the chaos team Oilers....And heres the beauty of it all....i consider us to be favourites in both of those games...Happy Despicable Me GIF

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Loved the trade for Hronek day 1... just glad he's Hughes partner... he should be for what he brings... resign cole and find another rhd with Myers expiring.... the way he's playing hell return a late 2nd at the deadline

Nice to see people "actually" happy about the Hronek trade. I've had him in my pool since he first broke into the league. He was a clutch beast. I was over the moon when we made that trade. That's why I didn't let it go all offseason. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Nice to see people "actually" happy about the Hronek trade. I've had him in my pool since he first broke into the league. He was a clutch beast. I was over the moon when we made that trade. That's why I didn't let it go all offseason. 

I never had issue with it he's legit top 2 D if used right. Wallander can slot in as 4 or 5 his first yrs and this team had some snarl. Resiliency 

• Cheers 2

I am happy we beat a team we were supposed to beat. We haven't always done that in the past.

Looking at the standings though, 7 of the teams we played so far are in the bottom 10 of the league. 

I hope coach drills that into them before Dallas, who is above us like the rangers.

And hope we can fix that Boston goals against stat soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby Lou said:

I never had issue with it he's legit top 2 D if used right. Wallander can slot in as 4 or 5 his first yrs and this team had some snarl. Resiliency 

RIGHT shot defenseman to boot. Try your best to find another decent one that another team will part ways with. Beauty of an acquisition!  

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I wasn't against the value that Hronek brings, but just the principle of trading picks when we should restocking, but I'm very happy to have been proven wrong. Just hope we can navigate that $4.7M dead cap on the horizon. But very excited with the results so far. And with the way Abbotsford's been re-shaped by this management makes me feel even more optimistic.

The additions of Soucy, Cole, Friedman have really set the trade up for success IMO, Hronek with Hughes was always the best bet. 

4 minutes ago, Vancan said:

RIGHT shot defenseman to boot. Try your best to find another decent one that another team will part ways with. Beauty of an acquisition!  

Ya Stevey Y botched that... guys young still too. So happy to be competitive again. P.A and Uncle Jimmy done good so far.... scary part is we're notorious slow starters imagine what this team will do. I got us winning Dallas or Edmonton if not both this teams not winning a cup this yr but by golly we competitive and fun to watch again... feels like 08/09 before we came up

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I wasn't against the value that Hronek brings, but just the principle of trading picks when we should restocking, but I'm very happy to have been proven wrong. Just hope we can navigate that $4.7M dead cap on the horizon. But very excited with the results so far. And with the way Abbotsford's been re-shaped by this management makes me feel even more optimistic.

The additions of Soucy, Cole, Friedman have really set the trade up for success IMO, Hronek with Hughes was always the best bet. 

i was unsure abt Hronek since he hardly played for us last season. i did remember him being a top D at Detroit and after the start of this season id say theres no mistake: hes a legit top line D. And hes still rising to his prime....that trade looks brilliant right abt now...

Edited by Mrwipeout
  • Thanks 1