[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

14 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Loved the trade for Hronek day 1... just glad he's Hughes partner... he should be for what he brings... resign cole and find another rhd with Myers expiring.... the way he's playing hell return a late 2nd at the deadline

This mgmt group has definitely shown an adept ability at finding value via trade - Hronek, Lafferty, DeSmith, etc.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

I wasn't against the value that Hronek brings, but just the principle of trading picks when we should restocking, but I'm very happy to have been proven wrong. Just hope we can navigate that $4.7M dead cap on the horizon. But very excited with the results so far. And with the way Abbotsford's been re-shaped by this management makes me feel even more optimistic.

The additions of Soucy, Cole, Friedman have really set the trade up for success IMO, Hronek with Hughes was always the best bet. 

100% those additions set the table for success otherwise Hronek would be shouldering more on the second pairing. 

Have to also give Tocc credit too for having confidence in Cole, Soucy, Friedman, even Myers to maintain Hughes/Hronek. 

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes any good? Top 5 in league scoring and number one in plus minus. 
Only Loser Vancouver haters don’t accept Huggable One is the best player in the world. And he’s ou Csotain! Go away haters! Hughes is the best! 

Ou Csotain, Muoi Csotain

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520n78w662sdcu1me54l

• Haha 1

A team thats for real, isnt the team gives up that first win for San Jose. Not only did we win, but we did so in convincing fashion. This was a statement win, every one around should know that the Canucks definitely are well above the bottom contenders in the league this year. 

Awesome win. so many players getting involved. This team sure is exciting, even Meyers has turned it around. When he is playing a clean game he is actually doing alright and is producing a decent number of points. Always glad to see a punching bag turn it around, hopefully he continues to play steady.

Love the team right now, its not just Petey or Hughes, or Miller or Demko. Everyone is playing well and the chemistry is showing. 

The good feelings keep growing. Though, no matter how good we turn out to be this year, its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll in the finals.

Im just going to enjoy this for as long as it goes. Go Canucks Go!!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes any good? Top 5 in league scoring and number one in plus minus. 
Only Loser Vancouver haters don’t accept Huggable One is the best player in the world. And he’s ou Csotain! Go away haters! Hughes is the best! 

How are your Leafs doing Alfie.. 

Kinda struggling out of the gate...

Edited by WHL rocks

4 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Ya Stevey Y botched that... guys young still too. So happy to be competitive again. P.A and Uncle Jimmy done good so far.... scary part is we're notorious slow starters imagine what this team will do. I got us winning Dallas or Edmonton if not both this teams not winning a cup this yr but by golly we competitive and fun to watch again... feels like 08/09 before we came up

Pretty sure Mr.Yzerman was the GM when they picked Zadina who is now a Shark before Hughs to... Sorry not sorry.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, vcBrett said:

A team thats for real, isnt the team gives up that first win for San Jose. Not only did we win, but we did so in convincing fashion. This was a statement win, every one around should know that the Canucks definitely are well above the bottom contenders in the league this year. 

Awesome win. so many players getting involved. This team sure is exciting, even Meyers has turned it around. When he is playing a clean game he is actually doing alright and is producing a decent number of points. Always glad to see a punching bag turn it around, hopefully he continues to play steady.

Love the team right now, its not just Petey or Hughes, or Miller or Demko. Everyone is playing well and the chemistry is showing. 

The good feelings keep growing. Though, no matter how good we turn out to be this year, its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll in the finals.

I'm just so happy I don't watch my team mail it in night in and night out. This teams got something special brewing. 

Management group showing us how inept the previous regime was

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I liked how the team came out tonight determined for a good start - not to let the Sharks get any momentum and just continued.throughout the 60m.  The ten goals were not surprising by the close of the second period as the Sharks appear to just STOP skating.- though they seem to have a bit more energy and desperation in the third as the shot clock indicated. 

Though the Shark's lone goal was questionable with partial interference - I was glad RT did not make a challenge and just quickly finish the game  - though there was a decent chance that it would be overturned -  we can only guess what the NHL HQ are looking at- if they lose the video call, the Sharks are right back out on the PP - with the penalty unit blocking shots here and there, you never know with injuries which would seem ridiculous at this  point given the score - best to quickly finish the game and prepare for the next one.

Great to see the players putting up the points in this one but most important was the W -  Should be a good one on Saturday against the 7-1-1 Stars.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, vcBrett said:

Hopefully, this helps them all to realize what's possible when you play like a team.

Rather important if a team has asperations of the post season !!!!!

9 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Ummm, no. I watched the Canucks spank the Flames 11-0 as a teenager. Know I remembered the score right, because they mentioned it during the game.

11 is different than 9. I mean exactly 9 goals.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I liked how the team came out tonight determined for a good start - not to let the Sharks get any momentum and just continued.throughout the 60m.  The ten goals were not surprising by the close of the second period as the Sharks appear to just STOP skating.- though they seem to have a bit more energy and desperation in the third as the shot clock indicated. 

Though the Shark's lone goal was questionable with partial interference - I was glad RT did not make a challenge and just quickly finish the game  - though there was a decent chance that it would be overturned -  we can only guess what the NHL HQ are looking at- if they lose the video call, the Sharks are right back out on the PP - with the penalty unit blocking shots here and there, you never know with injuries which would seem ridiculous at this  point given the score - best to quickly finish the game and prepare for the next one.

Great to see the players putting up the points in this one but most important was the W -  Should be a good one on Saturday against the 7-1-1 Stars.

You just changed my mind about the non challenge. It annoyed me for Demko but you're right. Just get out of there quickly and without injuries.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

3 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

We might even get more love then the Leafs on HNIC this Saturday.