[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

2 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Fair enough. I don't doubt he's great just not sure generational. As I said I'm on the fence. I see it but it's a hard league and I hope the shit hawks surround him with solid options. 

he may not be racking up the points.. but the plays he's making.. in the NHL to boot.. while playing with no one atm.. ya i'd say he's generational and will be just fine as the season goes and he continues to grow his muscles

11 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Lots of shit happened in the 2011 finals to. Meh it is what it is I guess.

If the finals started 2 days after the Bruins beat the Lightning like it was supposed to, we probably should've won the cup. If you guys recall, the Bruins were gifted an extra week ( i think it was 10 days) of rest. Totally negated the whole point of finishing off the Sharks early

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

he may not be racking up the points.. but the plays he's making.. in the NHL to boot.. while playing with no one atm.. ya i'd say he's generational and will be just fine as the season goes and he continues to grow his muscles

I'm rooting for him but I will say it's shit that he landed in Chicago 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yes, if Willander grows into Hughes replacement.

It can be that Hughes find the life here too good but management has to assume Hughes want to join his brothers.

The Devils has an insane possibilitie to pay Hughes also. Way above what we can.

So we can only guarantee a four year window with this core.

Hughes ain’t going anywhere.

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Different game same kinda scenario I got the "I'm not telling you who won, but you'll be happy". 

i got home late for a playoff game, walked in the door and said “no one tell me the score, I will catch up”.  They weren’t watching the game.

My father in law (in his 70’s) was on his phone and said “I wont tell you the score, but you you are going to be happy, then not happy, then happy again.”

Me: “… so we are ahead 2-1?”

FIL:  (seriously) I thought you said you didn’t know the score, how do you know that?”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Reminds me a bit of the Crosby/Ovi draft. Id say Bedard like Crosby will/did win. However Ovi/Cooley are a good runner up prize. 

crosby/ovi is not even from the same draft.. the better analogy would be ovi/malkin.. and malkin is 1 hell of a runner up prize.. prolly the best 1/2 ever in the nhl draft history.. malkin a borderline generational talent himself.. crosby wouldn't have had 3 cups without malkin.. they prolly wouldn't even make 4 finals.. Malkin was prolly more important than crosby in 2 of the 3 cups.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

crosby/ovi is not even from the same draft.. the better analogy would be ovi/malkin.. and malkin is 1 hell of a runner up prize.. prolly the best 1/2 ever in the nhl draft history.. malkin a borderline generational talent himself.. crosby wouldn't have had 3 cups without malkin.. they prolly wouldn't even make 4 finals.. Malkin was prolly more important than crosby in 2 of the 3 cups.

Not sure why Crosby was on my mind, tried to delete right after I sent it. Malkin yes!

17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Hughes ain’t going anywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Exactly how I felt reading that.... he wouldn't be captain if he wasn't committed to this team and city

I don’t have a problem with fans thinking so.

But management live in the real world where money is the thing.

They can’t plan due to what the heart say. 

Remember that Alf and I has got most of our thoughts right. Even the whiskey brand.

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

I don’t have a problem with fans thinking so.

But management live in the real world where money is the thing.

They can’t plan due to what the heart say. 

Remember that Alf and I has got most of our thoughts right. Even the whiskey brand.

Again, Hughes ain’t going anywhere.

Beating up on these lesser teams is nice but now the real test comes - an angry Oilers team with McDavid back and the Stars. Got to prove we can skate with the best, not just pad our stats against the worst.

Regardless, not many teams have 3 blow outs in the first 10 games. Unreal game all around, good to see Beauvillier and Suter get on the scoresheet too. Our stars are some of the best in the league so it was good to give them lots of ice time and some confidence. Would be nice to see Hronek shoot some bombs from the point though. 

Canucks leading a lot of the league stats now, you usually know a team is good when like 5 of their players lead the league in +/-.

49 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yes, if Willander grows into Hughes replacement.

It can be that Hughes find the life here too good but management has to assume Hughes want to join his brothers.

The Devils has an insane possibilitie to pay Hughes also. Way above what we can.

So we can only guarantee a four year window with this core.

How can you predict that they can have a "insane" possibility to do that after his contracts up?

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

How can you predict that they can have a "insane" possibility to do that after his contracts up?

All the bros together has an insane marketing value.

As I see it only Gretzky can compete with them all together in marketing value.

This is for the whole NHL. The whole NHL benefits from them together.

I said this before Quinn and Jack went on to be as good as they are now and they got more to come.

It’s insane in every way.

14 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Beating up on these lesser teams is nice but now the real test comes - an angry Oilers team with McDavid back and the Stars. Got to prove we can skate with the best, not just pad our stats against the worst.

Regardless, not many teams have 3 blow outs in the first 10 games. Unreal game all around, good to see Beauvillier and Suter get on the scoresheet too. Our stars are some of the best in the league so it was good to give them lots of ice time and some confidence. Would be nice to see Hronek shoot some bombs from the point though. 

Canucks leading a lot of the league stats now, you usually know a team is good when like 5 of their players lead the league in +/-.

Dallas will probably be an easy win but I’m a little afraid of the Oilers dirty tricks.

I really hope Tocchet get the message out that if you do something against our stars we get your stars…

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

I said this before Quinn and Jack went on to be as good as they are now and they got more to come.

Too bad for Jersey that the league doesn't work that way. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Too bad for Jersey that the league doesn't work that way. 

Quinn is a UFA in less than 4 years.  He will go where ever he wants to go.  Enjoy his moments now.  They may not last forever.  I was around when Bure got traded.  I was even around when Gretzky got traded.  There is no guarantee that Petey and Huggy are playing their entire careers in Vancouver.  Although I hope they do...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Yeah don't think it works that way, Brady Tkachuk signed a 8 year deal and doubt matt decides to go there, can't force players/gms and owners to do that because it's good for the nhl.

• Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

There are many different tests in a season: good start test, eastern road trip test, home trap game test, banana peel test (i.e. tonight's game). And now the Canucks face a good Dallas team and then a potential Oilers revenge game.

So far the Canucks have passed every test. There will be stumbles here and there but I like the team that JR and Allvin have built and Tocchet is doing a great job of getting the most out of the players. 

• Cheers 1