[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

10 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Yeah don't think it works that way, Brady Tkachuk signed a 8 year deal and doubt matt decides to go there, can't force players/gms and owners to do that because it's good for the nhl.

The Devils has a chance to gain supporters for life and you talk only about the NHL.

Do you really don’t understand the marketing value of the three bros together?

I was talking about how the devils have some sort of advantage of them having money bags for Quinn over us when his contracts over, you were the one who brought up about the nhl benefitting all of them being on the devils and I also made an example about the Tkachuk bros?

6 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Oops, I don’t think I ever seen you got two Loui ever.

I thought this Benningfan behaviour was gone now when we are so good.

Haha, I think it's Kuzmenko actually not Loui anymore.  I got Kuzmenko'd twice tonight, what an honour...   😊

I guess some posters weren't around when Gretzky and Bure got traded.  It does happen.  Not every superstar plays for the team that drafted them forever.

Having said that, I hope that Petey and Huggy stay with us forever.  That would be the dream.  But to suggest as a matter of fact that they aren't going anywhere ever is quite naive.  Nobody knows what the future holds.  Petey isn't even signed yet, so maybe we should wait until he is actually locked up before we guarantee his stay in Vancouver.  Huggy has 3 more years after this one.  If he is winning Norris trophies, then he will want his money too.  Who knows how much he will ask for.  He has the same agent as Petey...

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

The Devils has a chance to gain supporters for life and you talk only about the NHL.

Do you really don’t understand the marketing value of the three bros together?

Also I get the marketing value, but bettman doesn't run the nhl teams, but this whole argument is pretty much pointless, if only the canucks could get Luke and Jack over to tbe canucks for marketing.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, drdeath said:

We all saw the poor kid who's birthday the Canucks ruined, but man there are so many good reaction moments in the Sharks' highlights. Such as fans high fiving their buddy wearing a paper bag over his head:

image.thumb.png.75b2ef2b5543f200c7f6408c7876c0bc.png

Or these guys:

image.thumb.png.3e806b9ec8881c82b1a25da268021d39.png

must not troll the trolls.....

tbh i don't think there's many hockey bros that played together during their prime outside of the sedins... i think the closest to a brother wanting to play with another bro in their prime to win a cup was scott neidermeyer.. although rob neidermeyer really ain't much of a star player.. more of a bottom 6 role player.. and realistically if Luke comes as advertise and reaches his potential and he's looking exactly like quinn production wise in his 1st year.. they really can't afford to have all 3 of them without ridding important players and getting rid of contracts elsewhere regardless of the cap going up. hishier bratt meier one of them will have to go.. hischier is due for a contract the same time quinn reaches ufa.. so they prolly need to break the bank for hischier their captain and selke candidate.. they are still stuck with 1 year of hamilton at 9mil.. so really i don't see them having the cap space for it.. 

as for the salary cap.. i doubt it'll keep going up every year.. eventually profit will reach a saturation point and we will see small movement in the cap... unless the NHL can expand elsewhere in the world.. there's only so much profit they can make each year before it's capped out.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

The worst thing about tonight… I came back home from volunteering at 11pm with the game recorded.

Grabbed a whiskey and settled down on the couch to watch the game…

My wife who is long in bed gets up to use the bathroom and says “Can you believe the Canucks won 10-1, and went back to bed.

thats on you to be honest... you would have to remind her like throughout the day to not spoil the score..

fantastic pass from Boeser on Miller's goal, last time I saw sth like that from the Canucks it was the Sedin brothers

I liked how Kuzy made sure the goalie was alright

wasn't a huge fan of running up the score like that though, or If we're gonna do it, do it against the flames. But at least they stopped celebrating after the 6th goal.

Poor Sharks.

But I liked how they didn't take the game for granted, came out flying and made sure not to give any chance for SJ to come back into the game. So far this team is winning the games they are supposed to and they do it with confidence. Tough game ahead, Stars are on a roll.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

I was talking about how the devils have some sort of advantage of them having money bags for Quinn over us when his contracts over, you were the one who brought up about the nhl benefitting all of them being on the devils and I also made an example about the Tkachuk bros?

Tkachuk bros isn’t even in the same ballpark as the Hughes bros.

The Hughes bros got it all, the likeness, parents etc

20 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Also I get the marketing value, but bettman doesn't run the nhl teams, but this whole argument is pretty much pointless, if only the canucks could get Luke and Jack over to tbe canucks for marketing.

If there is any thruth regarding Bettmans influence on the league he might bend a few rules. 

The worst bit here is that Quinn is up for grabs first…

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

tbh i don't think there's many hockey bros that played together during their prime outside of the sedins... i think the closest to a brother wanting to play with another bro in their prime to win a cup was scott neidermeyer.. although rob neidermeyer really ain't much of a star player.. more of a bottom 6 role player.. and realistically if Luke comes as advertise and reaches his potential and he's looking exactly like quinn production wise in his 1st year.. they really can't afford to have all 3 of them without ridding important players and getting rid of contracts elsewhere regardless of the cap going up. hishier bratt meier one of them will have to go.. hischier is due for a contract the same time quinn reaches ufa.. so they prolly need to break the bank for hischier their captain and selke candidate.. they are still stuck with 1 year of hamilton at 9mil.. so really i don't see them having the cap space for it.. 

The whole Hughes family seems to be close so I don’t see an issue with them playing together.

And it won’t be a problem gettin Quinn in their cap.

They get rid of Hischier if so. He’s way down below the Hughes bros.

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I guess some posters weren't around when Gretzky and Bure got traded.  It does happen.  Not every superstar plays for the team that drafted them forever.

Having said that, I hope that Petey and Huggy stay with us forever.  That would be the dream.  But to suggest as a matter of fact that they aren't going anywhere ever is quite naive.  Nobody knows what the future holds.  Petey isn't even signed yet, so maybe we should wait until he is actually locked up before we guarantee his stay in Vancouver.  Huggy has 3 more years after this one.  If he is winning Norris trophies, then he will want his money too.  Who knows how much he will ask for.  He has the same agent as Petey...

I hope Quinn and Petey stay together and they might if we win a few cups before Quinn has to choose where to be. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Vancan said:

Lots of shit happened in the 2011 finals to. Meh it is what it is I guess.

Yup… shit refs and we were so banged up… imagine if hammer didn’t hip check Lucic, Rome didn’t get tossed and Kesler wasn’t injured it would have been over in 6

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Tkachuk bros isn’t even in the same ballpark as the Hughes bros.

The Hughes bros got it all, the likeness, parents etc

If there is any thruth regarding Bettmans influence on the league he might bend a few rules. 

The worst bit here is that Quinn is up for grabs first…

The whole Hughes family seems to be close so I don’t see an issue with them playing together.

And it won’t be a problem gettin Quinn in their cap.

They get rid of Hischier if so. He’s way down below the Hughes bros.

I hope Quinn and Petey stay together and they might if we win a few cups before Quinn has to choose where to be. 

Seems like a stretch, and considering  the Tkachuk family pretty sure they would be, but honestly arguing about this really is pointless, I hate bettman and I think he does bend the rules slightly like John Scott all star fiasco but not that far, it's all conspiracy on your part, its what 7 years from Quinns contracts over? But cheers man, GCG 

Edit - Keith Tkachuk, was a piece a shit and still seems like one during interviews, I like Brady, Matt can take a hike though, but he's a well known family name

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Rubik said:

fantastic pass from Boeser on Miller's goal, last time I saw sth like that from the Canucks it was the Sedin brothers

I liked how Kuzy made sure the goalie was alright

wasn't a huge fan of running up the score like that though, or If we're gonna do it, do it against the flames. But at least they stopped celebrating after the 6th goal.

Poor Sharks.

But I liked how they didn't take the game for granted, came out flying and made sure not to give any chance for SJ to come back into the game. So far this team is winning the games they are supposed to and they do it with confidence. Tough game ahead, Stars are on a roll.

I love it. This team is finally learning to play hard at all times and being accountable every time they step out in the ice. We're seeing much more consistent play. I feel like RT is the only one that has gotten through to them. I like that they are starting to get very business like in terms of how they approach each game. By all accounts, they are much more efficient during practice as well as of late. 

Very excited to see them come out hard against Dallas. 

No more games off. That's how it should be

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, drdeath said:

We all saw the poor kid who's birthday the Canucks ruined, but man there are so many good reaction moments in the Sharks' highlights. Such as fans high fiving their buddy wearing a paper bag over his head:

image.thumb.png.75b2ef2b5543f200c7f6408c7876c0bc.png

Or these guys:

image.thumb.png.3e806b9ec8881c82b1a25da268021d39.png

You love to see it.  The fans of an all-time bottom feeder, and stick around during a blowout.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I love it. This team is finally learning to play hard at all times and being accountable every time they step out in the ice. We're seeing much more consistent play. I feel like RT is the only one that has gotten through to them. I like that they are starting to get very business like in terms of how they approach each game. By all accounts, they are much more efficient during practice as well as of late. 

Very excited to see them come out hard against Dallas. 

No more games off. That's how it should be

Originally I was doubtful about the rick tocchet hiring, but seems like the team and coaching staff are all on the same page, it's finally fun to watch canucks hockey for now, but looks promising. PA and JR and co. Deserve some respect also but still alot of games to go.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, I think it's Kuzmenko actually not Loui anymore.  I got Kuzmenko'd twice tonight, what an honour...   😊

Don’t worry you will have fun watching Pettersson and Hughes dominate for the next 10 years in Vancouver.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

Total points:

Jack Hughes - 20

Elias Pettersson - 19

Jesper Bratt - 18

Artemi Panarin - 16

JT Miller - 16

Quinn Hughes - 16

Dylan Larkin - 15

Mikk Rantanen - 14

William Nylander - 14

David Pastrnak - 14

Leon Draisaitl - 13

Alex DeBrincat - 13

Brock Boeser - 13

William Karlsson - 13

When was the last time the Vancouver Canucks had 4 of the top 14 scorers in the NHL?  No other team currently has more than 2...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

First 9-goal differential win in Canuck history.

Seem to remember an 11-0 thrashing against CAL in the very early 90's...1992 I think (if someone hasn't already mentioned this), as our high water mark.   Even better because it was the Flames (revenge game for 89, we were walking on air after that one).   That's really cool though - didn't know this.  Think  we also did 11-1 once (was it CAL too?) ... so this is up there as the biggest thrashings ever! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Total points:

Jack Hughes - 20

Elias Pettersson - 19

Jesper Bratt - 18

Artemi Panarin - 16

JT Miller - 16

Quinn Hughes - 16

Dylan Larkin - 15

Mikk Rantanen - 14

William Nylander - 14

David Pastrnak - 14

Leon Draisaitl - 13

Alex DeBrincat - 13

Brock Boeser - 13

William Karlsson - 13

When was the last time the Vancouver Canucks had 4 of the top 14 scorers in the NHL?  No other team currently has more than 2...

Going to say likely never.    The last time we had two killer lines was in the 90's, and Mogilny and Bure didn't play enough (Bure knees then contract ugh) ... This top six is starting to compare to the one we had in the early 90's... which was the most balanced group upfront.  1a, 1b - Mogilny's line and Bures line.   Messier was supposed to be our second line center we lost when Ronning wasn't re-signed making room for Gretzky ..  he had no indication of slowing down until he arrived and blew up the team.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1