[PGT] Canucks at Sharts

Roger Neilsons Towel

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I went to bed after the second.

Should their goal have counted? I have heard somehting about goalie interference?

If it was a 22 game they would have challenged but being 10-1 they let it slide. Demmer loses the shutout but really would have been class less to challenge.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Mikeyman109 said:

If it was a 22 game they would have challenged but being 10-1 they let it slide. Demmer loses the shutout but really would have been class less to challenge.

That's too bad.

A shutout is no small thing, I know it seems petty and not classy but I am a truth addict. If it happened, if it was interference, it should have been called back. 

Demmer's GAA and shutout record takes a hit because we feel bad for the Sharks? That sucks. 

• ThereItIs 1

What I liked about this game outside obviously of the win and some of the players scoring that hadnt yet was the back check stayed in full gear. The team is committed to team defense.

They came out with purpose in the first few minutes and didnt let the Sharks get anything going. Against a bad team you have to jump on the early. Great job on that. I have been impressed that the boys have been ready to play most nights.

Playing the bottom feeder teams is one thing , now the tough games start. The Stars are a legit contender. This is really our first real measuring stick game. 3 games in 4 nights for the Stars, we better come at them hard.

Oilers next game are going to be super pissed and if we can win that one I will be impressed.

Then the road trip Ottawa Toronto Montreal. Thats a pretty good early season test. How we do in these next 5 games is a litmus test for me. Stay in the top three of the division through this its a good sign.

59 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Nice win last night the team did what they needed to do.  I feel for the Sharks they could be one of the worst teams of all time.  At the moment they may struggle against good AHL teams.

That is an AHL team they're icing. Gone are the days of really good Shark teams. As the Sportsnet commentators said last, "beer league" defense.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Should their goal have counted? I have heard somehting about goalie interference?

i wish it HAD been disallowed....then I would have guessed correct with Boeser scoring the winning goal. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's too bad.

A shutout is no small thing, I know it seems petty and not classy but I am a truth addict. If it happened, if it was interference, it should have been called back. 

Demmer's GAA and shutout record takes a hit because we feel bad for the Sharks? That sucks. 

again it wasnt a sure thing and we didnt need to worry about it. We can disagree on what is important in a 10-1 win

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The player definitely contacted Demko, the debate would've been whether or not the Canuck defenseman drove that player into the goalie.  With that little bit of doubt, why bother in a 10-0 game.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The player definitely contacted Demko, the debate would've been whether or not the Canuck defenseman drove that player into the goalie.  With that little bit of doubt, why bother in a 10-0 game.

Thank you.

I havent seen it.

The only part of my life i allow myself to be really tribal is sports, so I get my back up quick if i think our team /players have been wronged. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

In fairness I shared Burke's concerns over Quinn's size but the kids a phenom.

I had no otherworldly expectations when he was drafted, but was ecstatic when Detroit picked Zadina. 

That was based on his performance at the WHC playing for the US, when he was 18. 

• Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, although Demko was clearly upset and wanted the shut out it would've been pretty petty to argue it. I actually felt happy that their crowd got to cheer for a goal (especially the kids there).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes any good? Top 5 in league scoring and number one in plus minus. 
Only Loser Vancouver haters don’t accept Huggable One is the best player in the world. And he’s ou Csotain! Go away haters! Hughes is the best! 

Some cocksucker from New Jersey tried to tell me his Hughes brother's are better than our Hughes...

Luckily I had a 10lb bag of pucks with me. Peppered him with every single one of em.

9 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Honestly, as bad as he was defensively to start the year, the way he’s been playing the last few games he’s earned getting everyone off his back. 

Even I reserve the Myers hate. Night and Day his play recently 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

We have a special team this year. JR/PA came in and said what they needed to do, and did it. Hiring Tocchet, Gonchar and Foote was a genius move. Thank you Aqua for buying out OEL. 

Who is the best Canucks player?

1. JT Miller

2. Elias Pettersson

3. Quinn Hughes

4. Thatcher Demko

The answer is 5. They're all awesome.

Not just the big stars either, I love the additions of Lafferty, Suter, Cole, Soucy, Friedman, Hronek and DeSmith. Heck, the Canucks still got Blueger waiting in the wings! 

Best team in Canada 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1